Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 MOD to enable Cross posting to selected forums?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lweast
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2003 :  15:38:36  Show Profile
Is any one aware of a mod that will allow easy Cross Posting of Topics into multiple Forums selectable from a Check box list?
Perhaps it could be implemented as a seperate ASP script as an option to the topic author after they post.

Here's our situation.
One of our catagories is being used as a Change Management log with one forum for each of 30 servers plus serveral forums for individual applications.
As a change is made or an event occurs that should be logged, a new topic is made by the responsible technitian in each of the Forums representing the server or application that the change will effect.

Frequently a large change or event will effect several servers or applications.
I'm looking for an efficient way to post to multiple forums.

jstewar
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  18:33:40  Show Profile
I think I have accomplished this. An outline of what I did, is
1. Created a new link on the forum page that is under New Topic called Add Topic to Multiple Forums (might be able to delete the New Topic one, but haven't yet). The ATMF link goes to a new asp file called mod_post.asp (original post.asp file modified). In it, the link now goes to mod_post_info.asp (modified post_info.asp file). In the mod_post.asp I added to the topic area, a drop down multi selecting box of the forums, which I got from the code for edit topic. In mod_post_info I created a loop to pull each forum selection into the topic table.
I have the two new asp files, but I'm not sure where to post them or if anyone even wants to see them. I haven't done a lot of heavy testing with it.
Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

Lweast
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  13:54:40  Show Profile
Thank you Jennifer,

That is how i had mentally layed it out as to how it would have to work. I have little ASP coding experience however. If you send me the ASP scripts I can do some testing, we are still in beta mode here and can jump back to a previous db backup if things go Matrix on me.

lweast at leeclerk dot org. (no spam-bot formatted address)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07