Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aow
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2003 :  19:09:26  Show Profile  Visit aow's Homepage
Here is what I am looking for:

An upload/download manager where the administrator to assign read and/or write access and the files are associated with a particular category and forum, not any particular member.

Each category is going to represent a building construction or fit-out project. Each forum will represent various aspects or phases of the specific project. Via the administrator, access to any category will be restricted to those people who are working on the project. All involved in the project will have document read access, some will have upload access so they can edit project documents, but there needs to be some kind of central listing of all documents associated with each particular category (project) and forum (project phase) that group members and only group members can get to.

Documents should be accessible at both the individual topic comment level where people can send notice that they have uploaded a revised or new doucment and via a file list.

Anyone who is interested in such a modification of the forum can contact me by email to discuss some sort of compensation for time involved. I would like to get the project started as soon as possible.

aow
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2003 :  08:28:07  Show Profile  Visit aow's Homepage
Basically, instead of a file library tied into uploads by individual users, I want file upload libraries tied into each category and then each forum.

Even better would be having the file attachments to any messages within individul forums linked to the forum_ID as well as the member_ID so that these attachments could also appear in the file library sorted by category and forum.

Any thoughts on whether this project is feasible within the structure of the Snitz model?
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2003 :  09:10:19  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
yes, it would be fairly simple to add a forumid/category id to uploads, my own forum restricts uploads on a forum by forum basis, but does not store this info with the files, it is more a forum restriction, but what you suggest should not be too difficult to implement, it would require chage to the upload mod rather than to Snitz itself
Go to Top of Page

aow
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2003 :  11:53:05  Show Profile  Visit aow's Homepage
I thought it would not be unrealistic, just do not think I am up to the job myself. I am strictly a Dreamweaver MX kind of guy. It would take me too long to unravel the forum code and figure out the place to make changes. But I am really keen to get someone familiar with the forum nuts and bolts to work on the mod.
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  14:18:41  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Try to look on this i think it is what you ned http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43934

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07