Moderator flags topics to be moved
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:15:19  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Just an idea...

Is there anyway of making a MOD, so moderators could flag topics (in forums that they're not MODs for), so I know that they want them moved to there forum (the forum that they are MODs for) !?

Cheers!

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:23:28  Show Profile
We do the poor man's solution - by having a Moderators Only forum. Good to discuss just moderator stuff.
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:36:34  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Suppose so.

Is there a default setting to only allow Admins and Moderators into a forum?
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:42:37  Show Profile
Not that I know of, I just created a hidden/list only forum. Then added all the admin's and mod's.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:52:33  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by laser

Not that I know of, I just created a hidden/list only forum. Then added all the admin's and mod's.

That's the usual strategy. Works quite well.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2003 :  04:36:55  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Would it be easy to add an extra option to allow only admins and moderators into the forum?

Edited by - mortioli on 04 May 2003 03:57:51
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2003 :  09:48:33  Show Profile
admins have automatic access to all forums anyway !
Its just the moderators you would need to grant access to !
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2003 :  05:18:06  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, sorry, just Moderators. Does anyone have any code for this please
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2003 :  05:22:37  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
No code needed ... it's already built into Snitz.

Create a new forum - make it hidden - I forget, you may have to "allow" hidden forums from the main Admin area, maybe not. Then select which members are allowed in that forum. Though I haven't done it in a while, it is easy to do!!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2003 :  06:55:47  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, that's what I have set up at the moment, but it's annoying when I assign new Moderators (or unassign Moderators), and I have to keep updating the list

I thought it would be a good idea to have an option to allow a forum to only be open to Moderators!?
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  05:00:47  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Another option: The Topic Notelet MOD. This MOD has many possible uses & could certainly be used to flag topics, for whatever reason. One of its many configurations is for only Admins/moderators to be able to see & use the notelets [flags].
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  16:18:03  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Nice idea Cheers mate!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07