MailEnablePro1.1 Beta MOD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toast
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  15:52:42  Show Profile  Visit toast's Homepage
I run a Snitz forum and an email server from MailEnable.com on the same machine and the MailEnable has webmail interface so I decided to make it so that forum members could signup for an email account with thier forum username when they register for their Snitz account. I have all the code working but my problem is sort of non technical. I need to put up a disclaimer about the use and my liability to the missuse of an email account and I was thinking about adding this to the end of the Snitz policy so they accept it all in one shebang. Is this ok to do (add to the Snitz policy) or should I stay away from this legally speaking?

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
I don't see why that would be a problem. If those are the terms for them to get an account then that would be the place for them to agree to it.

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum
Go to Top of Page

spyordie007

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:18:24  Show Profile  Visit spyordie007's Homepage  Send spyordie007 an AOL message
By you combining them like you have "membership" includes privilage to both and therefore it seems resonable to have a single "membership policy".

-Spy

Power - The only narcotic controlled by the SEC, not the FDA.

Prosperity without pollution! The American Hydrogen Association - http://www.ahanw.org
Questions about Hydrogen? Post them on our forum - http://www.ahanw.org/forum
Go to Top of Page

toast
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:27:17  Show Profile  Visit toast's Homepage
Wow ..fast response.. I would seem to think it would be ok to but I wanted to check with Snitz (hopefully an admin) on this issue. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it and unless some one says otherwise I'll leave it..but..if an admin asks me not to then..I'll remove it. Anyways..is there interest in the Snitz Community for my MOD? Any MailEnable users out there? I'm working on cleaning up the code but I think I got it all ironed out and if I do then I might host it and post the addy here..let me know if anyone is interested.
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
If you want to get an Admin's attention you may want to spruce up the subject to something they might notice.

They don't have time to surf thru every post on the board, although it seems like the do

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  16:37:42  Show Profile
Well, you might have to settle with a response from a DEV Team Member.

The policy page is the policy you set for your forum. If you want to change or add to the policy, then you're free to do so. We don't set the policy of your forum, you do.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

toast
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  17:05:41  Show Profile  Visit toast's Homepage
Davio ... you're the exact person I had in mind to get a strait answer from..thanks for the info.
I said admin but really I meant anyone who could speak authoratively(spelling?) on the subject.
Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2003 :  10:19:52  Show Profile
toast, I'd be interested in your mod.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

toast
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2003 :  16:43:49  Show Profile  Visit toast's Homepage
Arg... they moved this to the w/o code section. I put in in the w/ code sections cause I planned on putting the code when its cleaned up enough and easy enough to install and done debugging. But..oh well..I'll just post again when I put the code up in the w/ code section. I have the code working but I sorta don't wanna host it for download cause that would reveal the location of my forum and email server and give you the source to a part that might have security issues(the email server part). I won't know weather its secure or not basically till I get some opinions from the community..I think its secure..but..I'm not an uber-coder so what do I know.
Go to Top of Page

jeffery

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2003 :  18:41:53  Show Profile
Ok, looking forward to it.

www.thomasforum.com
Go to Top of Page

toast
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2003 :  21:39:02  Show Profile  Visit toast's Homepage
jeffery ...my mod..its at
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43391 or
http://www.shadowsofchange.com/download/makemailmod.zip

Edited by - toast on 11 April 2003 21:40:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07