MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Can you change Forum Member Posting?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  13:07:18  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Hey guys,
I wasn't sure if this should've been the subject, but I could think of anything better. Anyways, give you some BG on me: ASP newbie, just installed forum and have gotten one mod to work for me, so it's not too bad. The question I have: is there anyway to change/add too the form fields in the posting form (such as the one I'm using to post this message?) and if there is a way to change it, how difficult would it be to do so? If anyone needs an exapmle I'd be happy to provide one. Thanks,

Vin

Edited by - ruirib on 17 March 2003 09:17:46

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  13:14:12  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
What would you like to add?
Can a admin/Mod move this to:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

What you are asking is to do with MODS and should be asked in the MOD addon w/o code forum:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  08:55:39  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
What I'd like to add is more of a 'project registration' then a message. here are the fields that would need to be put in:

Name (form field)
Sponser Name (form field)
Project Description (form field)

Project Status (let us know where you are as far as your project status is concerned) -

Create (check box)
Due Date (form Field)

Sell (check box)
Due Date (form field)

Execute (check box)
Due date (form field)

Move on and Celebrate (check Box)
Due Date (form Field)

Submit.

Sorry it took so long to get back, I have been out of the office for a few days. I'm not sure if this has been moved or not, so I am replying to this message. Thanks for all your help.

Vin

Edited by - Hobeeb on 17 March 2003 09:00:47
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  09:01:49  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
One other question: Should I ask this question again in the Mod's forum, or do I wait till someone moves it?

Vin
Go to Top of Page

Hamlin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2386 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  09:10:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hobeeb

One other question: Should I ask this question again in the Mod's forum, or do I wait till someone moves it?

Vin

Best to wait, if it needs to be moved someone will move it, no need to double post
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  09:35:19  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Hamlin. Anyone out there?
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  13:16:15  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
So I'm taking for granted that this isn't possible yet...
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  13:24:27  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
It's not exactly what you want, but it might head you in the right direction.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_D=41216

If you want to store the values of these form items in the db, more work needs to be done, but if it can somehow be stored in the message, like I did for the Events Calendar, it's pretty easy.

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2003 :  16:19:17  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, but the link you posted just takes me back to the main forum...do you mind posting it again....

Vin
Go to Top of Page

Don Albus
Starting Member

Denmark
16 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2003 :  16:29:27  Show Profile
Perhaps the link miss an "I"
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41216

Regards
Don albus
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2003 :  12:09:02  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Nice call Don...Stevie, I'll try it out, thanks for the heads up. Question, acn I add this code in without have the calender mod installed?

Vin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07