New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  14:02:01  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm..ahh i see...my multiple recipients does not apply to forwarded message yet. Good catch, Interpione! I'll try to fix this ASAP.

I also modified the code recently so that members get added to the "send to" input box correctly for multiple recipients but that's a pretty hard to get mod-erized since i've applied it to my own modifications of private messages on my site and not the default zip.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  05:08:31  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
this is a change to the private messages so that you can send to multiple recipients instead of just only 1 person at a time.

For example, suppose I want to send the same private message to Richard, Gor, and Huwr. I would just put "Richard, Gor, Huwr" in the send To input box and the message would get sent to all 3.

Just copy and past the text to replace privatesend_info.asp from the private messages MOD.

txt file: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz31sr4/privatesend_info.txt

you can try testing sending multiple recipients before you use this mod, at: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz31sr4/

- Alan

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I just visited your site.I have some questions:

1) How have you done the automatic letter that comes with the private messages?
2) How have you done the buddy list!?

cheers
/CHEETAH

anyone!?
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  19:31:00  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

I just visited your site.I have some questions:

1) How have you done the automatic letter that comes with the private messages?
2) How have you done the buddy list!?

cheers
/CHEETAH

You talking about my snitz mod development test site?
1) I added some code to register.asp so that it sends the message after registration similiar to how it emails a person if registration.
I didn't release this because I saw that someone already posted something about sending new members PM.

2) haven't made buddy list mod yet.

Also more pertinent to this thread, I got to add code so that private messages can be forwarded to multiple recipients as well.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

Edited by - aznknight on 24 February 2001 19:32:01
Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  20:11:29  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
Does that mean the text file link at the top will be updated with the newer code?

*hopeful look*

Cheers.

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2001 :  18:02:20  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
OK. I have this big problem. I cant send private messages, PM, to users who have strange nick-names/user-names. Such as:

īsabella

Why is that!? Why!? Can anyone fix this!?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01 March 2001 :  18:53:22  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
is this a problem with this add-on in particular or in Private messages mod in general?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  02:44:46  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

is this a problem with this add-on in particular or in Private messages mod in general?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

I suppose pm in general... but I havn't tested without this mod to send to this user..

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  04:24:16  Show Profile
I just tryed a username like īsabella on my test site, registered it, sent PM's to it, sent PM's from it and all the PM's worked.

I am using Richards latest version of PM and Aznknight's privatesend_info.asp

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  07:25:04  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

I just tryed a username like īsabella on my test site, registered it, sent PM's to it, sent PM's from it and all the PM's worked.

I am using Richards latest version of PM and Aznknight's privatesend_info.asp

Intrepidone

that's strange! hmm...

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  07:28:36  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
wow! I know fixed it! I remember now. I was using a corrupt add-on for the inc_top.asp while trying! sorry for the mess! Thanks! :) Canadians are always the most helfull! :)

cheers
/CHEETAH

Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  13:59:41  Show Profile
quote:

hey dewattstanfield,

release your code that sends pm to all members, it'll go well with this mod of sending to multiple recipients. I'll combine the two and release it as a new mod with both of us as authors.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

I will get this cleaned up and post line numbers to add the functionality. Sorry I have not been around lately but I am back!

Go to Top of Page

DewyattStanfield
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  14:30:19  Show Profile
OK, sorry I didn't do this sooner, but here it is. This is just a small modification that goes along with Aznknight's PM to multiple users mod.

First thing you need to do is find this code, should be around line 89 in privatesend_info.asp

if Request.Form("sendto") = "" then
Go_Result "You Must Supply a member name to send this message!", 0
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_footer.asp" -->
<%
Response.End
end if

and replace it with this - it's really only adding two lines but it's easier to replace the whole thing here

'##### PM all members one line ####
if Request.form("allmem") = false then
if Request.Form("sendto") = "" then
Go_Result "You Must Supply a member name to send this message!", 0
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_footer.asp" -->
<%
Response.End
end if
'##### pm all members one line ####
end if

In privatesend_info.asp on line 118 right after you see this

'**********************START MULTIPLE RECIPIENTS MOD****************
dim arrNames, strMessage, BoolSend

insert the next lines

'############### Start PM all members #################
if Request.form("allmem") = "true" then
strSql = "SELECT M_NAME"
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE M_PMRECEIVE = 1"
strSQL = strSQL & " ORDER BY M_NAME Asc"
set rsName = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)
rsName.movefirst
while not rsName.eof
arrAllNames = arrAllNames & rsName("M_NAME") & ","
rsName.movenext
wend
rsName.close
set rsName = nothing
arrNames = split(arrAllNames, ",")
else
'############## End PM all members ###################

and then you have to close the if statements after the next line

arrNames = split(Request.Form("sendto"), ",")

like this

'############### PM all members one line ###################
end if

next there was a small bug that I didn't work out that would e-mail all users when you used this mod regardless of whether or not they asked to be notified or not so I took out the e-mail functionality when pm all users with an if...then statement at line 184 you should see

my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

after that line instert this

if request.form("allmem") = false then	'################# PM all members Mod - Take out e-mail notification ################
if strEmail = "1" and rsName("M_PMEMAIL") = "1" then
DoReplyEmail Request.Form("sendto")
end if '################ PM all members Mod - Take out e-mail notification ################

That is it for the privatesend_info.asp but there are a few things you need to do in privatesend.asp and they are as follows.
on line 225 you will see

<td bgColor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>"><input name="sendto" value="<% =Request.Querystring("mname") %>" size="50"> <font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>-1"><a href="JavaScript:pmmembers();">Memberlist</a>

right after that you need to add this

<!-- All Member PM Modification Begin -->
<%if (mLev = 4) then %>
<input type="checkbox" name="allmem" value="true">Send PM to all users
<%end if%>
<!-- All Member PM Modification End -->

That's it, if you are an admin you will have an extra checkbox that if checked will send a pm to all users that hav PM's enabled. Like I said in my earlier post there is alot of room for refinement of this added functionality and there is one other small bug, well not really a bug but it has to do with how I put the usernames in the array from the database, because I needed them separated by comma's to use Aznknight's original code to pm multiple users I added a comma to the end of the sting, so when the string is split there is a name that is just a comma and the program then thinks you are trying to send a pm to a username of (blank) so you owill see at the end of your list of sent to there is one message that says user (blank) does not exist. Don't worry about it too much cause the pm is still sent to all your users and it's just really an aestetics thing. If you have questions go ahead and post them here and I will try to get them worked out.

On a side note - Azn, feel free to add this to your release, change code to make it work better, etc. Basically anything you do with it is up to you bro.

Dewyatt

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 21 March 2001 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
bump

Has anyone attempted dewyatt's pm all members mod along with multiple recipients mod? This feature was requested by some people awhile back, and dewyatt has shared his code that does this...

I've haven't used this feature myselft since my sites do not require it at this point. Also haven't had a chance to really check this out on my test site.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

SimonT

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  13:21:41  Show Profile
I have tried the Aznknight mod with the DewyattStanfield mod but I get an error.

Microsoft VBScript error '800a041f'

'Next' non previsto

/forum/privatesend_info.asp, line 215

next
^
the line reads some thing like this

rsName.close
'Go_Result err_Msg, 1
next
%>
<table border="0" width="100%">

DewyattStanfield can I have your copy of privatesend_info.asp ? to test if you can not post it here can your email it to me ? (email address in profile)
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  14:16:02  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
what does non previsto mean?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07