MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Auction Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pknaz

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2003 :  10:31:26  Show Profile  Visit pknaz's Homepage  Send pknaz an AOL message  Send pknaz an ICQ Message  Send pknaz a Yahoo! Message
I'm currently working on a set of pages that forum members can use to auction items with other forum members. I'm setting it up so that you have to be a registered member in order to view/bid on items. If anyone is interested in combining efforts to work on this project let me know. When I’m done, I’ll post the MOD in the appropriate forum.

-Nate

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2003 :  18:40:47  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
I have been trying to get this done for some time. We started a topic on this at www.ServerHacker.com but have had a hard time getting it off the ground. One member, GRB was far along and had a mod everyone wanted and he said he was willing to package it up when I emailed him and asked him about it. I think he had run into the usual issues on time constraints and as such I don't think any progress has been made. WHy don't you try and contact him and see if you can help. It could shorten your development time by 80%+!
Here is the info:

www.ServerHacker.com topic:
www.serverhacker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=613&SearchTerms=auction" target="_blank">http://www.serverhacker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=613&SearchTerms=auction
GRB's web site:
www.airsoftrecon.com/" target="_blank">http://www.airsoftrecon.com/
GRB Profile:
www.serverhacker.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=116" target="_blank">http://www.serverhacker.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=116

DJBBIZ
www.ServerHacker.com Moderator

"The difference between good ideas and good results is performance"
the management institute | tmiFinance | tmiCreative | ProfileOnDemand
Go to Top of Page

pknaz

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 05 February 2003 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Visit pknaz's Homepage  Send pknaz an AOL message  Send pknaz an ICQ Message  Send pknaz a Yahoo! Message
Well, at this point i've got most of the features done that have been requested of me. at this point i just need to go back and make everything a little more secure.
Go to Top of Page

schef

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  00:11:33  Show Profile  Visit schef's Homepage  Send schef an AOL message
This would be a very useful mod!! I have thought about doing working on something like it, but time is a huge issue. Any ideas on how long until it is ready for the public?

ATV Outdoors
Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  03:30:28  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
Are you using Access or SQL Server? I am using ServerHacker fully modded+++ on SQL Server and would be happy to Alpha/Beta test if you would like. I can be emailed or PM'd at DJBBIZ at www.ServerHacker.com

Go to Top of Page

pknaz

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  12:48:52  Show Profile  Visit pknaz's Homepage  Send pknaz an AOL message  Send pknaz an ICQ Message  Send pknaz a Yahoo! Message
At this point i only have it working for SQL server. the way i'm doing my SQL is SQL server specific as far as i know. I'm really not that good with SQL so if anyone has any suggestions i'm open to them. I'm doing this specifically for the CFO so he can auction off some assets to employees. We're using NT authentication here so i know it works well with that, but i'm not sure how it will work with db authentication. you can have a look at my work so far here: http://www.trevecca.edu/auction.zip there is no dbs file so you'll have to creat the tables and fields yourself. you can get a list of the tables and fields by looking at the sql string in the auction_display.asp file.

[edit]
Zip file has been updated
[/edit]

Edited by - pknaz on 06 February 2003 19:27:55
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  15:17:35  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
Just an idea, there is an excellent Access/asp Auction available for free on www.xcent.com , maybe this could be integrated with the forum?

Butting out now

Dave
Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  22:26:06  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
This is the program that was the base for the auction created by the ServerHacker member I referenced above. If you visit his site you will see the enhanced work done on the auction program to make it look more like ebay.

Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2003 :  22:58:28  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
Taking a quick look at the file, it appears you are not coding this completly for 3.4 as it is missing a few things like strTablePrefix conventions, and some different cell color/font variables...like strContrastFont...

In addition I think most of it will work in access but I know the date math will not. Snitz uses number strings that get converted back and forth to display and store dates and perform math functions. The GETDATE() function is SQL Server specific, where Access uses NOW() and
DATE(). If you use the Snitz functions as date strings: 2003020600000 for 2/6/2003 you then avoid the compatability problems.

Edited by - DJBBIZ on 06 February 2003 23:02:10
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2003 :  01:37:57  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
not sure if this was discussed, but I just got a message that serverhacker's site was shut down by the host.

Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2003 :  06:31:49  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
That is a bad error - he is moving hosts and I guess this is the way they must greet you before your web address propogates. The message is ReddiHost, aren't they members here? Any way he was hosting himself on 256k DSL and he was getting to much traffic so he decided to move again:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41383

As for the current message, he may be parking the site there but will be using a new name for his forum web address, see the link above.

Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2003 :  03:44:27  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
Did anybody actually get anywhere with this?? I went to aerocon and dropped a PM really like his layout.... but this is something I would love to get setup personally.

Or is this a dead thread?

Anti Social Personality
Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2003 :  13:00:47  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
I don't think he had the time to really create the mod. Its a lot of work especially if you have been modifying your files without documentating your changes. It always easier if you create all new file code. In addition making the standalone files work, debug and support Alpha and Beta versions, support in the forums, not to mention a good readme file is often more time than many people can or are willing to donate for free.

Go to Top of Page

Joshuancsu
Starting Member

Bangladesh
11 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  19:52:38  Show Profile
Has anyone ever gotten the www.xcent.com version of QuickAuction to work?? I am very interested in using it, but for some reason, it has a problem with this statement

Function CountItems(ID)
	CountSQL = "SELECT COUNT(*) AS calcTotal FROM tblQAAuctions WHERE " & _
	            " aucAvailDate <= " & SQLDate(NOW) & _
	            " And aucEnded = " & SQLBool(False) & _
	            " And aucCategoryID = " & SQLVal(ID)
	Set CountRS = gobjConnect.Execute(CountSQL)
    If Not CountRS.Eof Then
	    CountItems = CountRS.Fields("calcTotal")
	Else
	    CountItems = 0
	End If
	CountRS.Close
	Set CountRS = Nothing
End Function

It gives a hard-to-diagnose responce when trying to make it work.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14' 
Malformed GUID. in query expression 'aucAvailDate < {ts '2003-05-09 20:01:24' } And aucEnded = 'N' And aucCategoryID = 4'. 

/db/market/QuickAuction.asp, line 50 

Edited by - Joshuancsu on 09 May 2003 20:12:14
Go to Top of Page

UGBC

143 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2003 :  13:33:14  Show Profile
I have the quickauction working beta on an IIS 5.0 server, the main thing I need to fix is chaning to ASP Mail, which is quite a process.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07