Help: MOD Implementation
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

major
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  09:22:01  Show Profile  Visit major's Homepage
When i click MOD setup it says "Only the Forum Admin can access this page", I have found a msg on the board saying that Const intAdminMemberID = 1 has to be the same as your member_id in the DB.

It is, and it still isn't working.

Any ideas please :)

thx Major

Hamlin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2386 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  09:54:31  Show Profile
Can you double check your member id with the one in config.asp, I don't know why else it would not let you in...
Go to Top of Page

major
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  10:30:10  Show Profile  Visit major's Homepage
Have checked the id, and all is fine... i run sf2k_v34_03.zip, avatar-34-13.zip and SQL server. I am playing with a back up of the DB and msg board on my local machine, but i have noticed that on the live site, (which has no mods installed) it wont let me enter the mod setup section... it says the same.
Go to Top of Page

Hamlin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2386 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  12:58:17  Show Profile
I really don't know then, the only reason you would see that message is when this statement is true

if MemberID <> intAdminMemberID then

...but your id is setup correctly.

EDIT - Re you email...
Creating the tables by hand wont cause any problems, but you may want to get to the bottom of this problem to make life easier when installing subsequent mods.

Edited by - Hamlin on 15 January 2003 13:02:55
Go to Top of Page

Palbin
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  17:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Palbin's Homepage  Send Palbin an AOL message  Send Palbin an ICQ Message  Send Palbin a Yahoo! Message
Did you log into the forums and the admin options with the admin account. The reason i ask this is that i have to is because i have to do that now. Didn't used to have to do that but i have a lot of mods on my forums one of which messed it up. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

major
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  10:35:20  Show Profile  Visit major's Homepage
Palbin.. yeah i did that by accident yesterday, and it worked cheers... no idea why i had to log into the forum as well as the admin section ??? :-)
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  10:53:29  Show Profile
The admin section has a different security feature built in. When you are asked for your username and password, it wants to make sure you are an admin. It does not log you into the forum.

When you edit your profile, it also asks for your username and password. But that doesn't log you into the forum either.

When you post a new topic when you're logged out, it ask for your username and password in order to post. But that doesn't log you into your forum either. You're still logged out after you post.

What I am saying is, the only place to log into your forum is through the username and password form at the top of the forum. After that, the forum will recognize you are logged in.

The admin options can be accessed by all admins. But we restricted the mod setup section to the member id you specified in the config.asp file. In order for the forum to check if your member id matches the one in config.asp, you have to be logged into the forum, so it can get your member id and do a comparison.

Hope that helps.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07