Help: MOD Implementation
 Top Poster MOD incorrect numbers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

schef

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:43:21  Show Profile  Visit schef's Homepage  Send schef an AOL message
I added the top poster mod: http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=104 but am having problems getting correct numbers. The "Period" posts do not match the "Total Posts" number. You can take a look at what I mean here. You will need a login if you view it. Use:

username: josh
password: snitz

I did archive and delete a few hundred posts a while back but I have checked installation and updated counts... with no luck. I am out of ideas. Anyone know of a fix??

ATV Outdoors

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:54:38  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
any ideas on how this number of "Posts this Period" is retrieved? i mean, which query is used to get that number? i am sure it is another than the one that displays the total number of posts.

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

schef

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:01:59  Show Profile  Visit schef's Homepage  Send schef an AOL message
I tried to find that out Crash, but my limited ASP skills fell a little short.

ATV Outdoors
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:06:50  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
i wil download that mod and take a peek...

right... it counts the total number of posts made by a member and then divides it over the number of days a member has been 'alive' and the result is the outcome for the Posts per Period, i think.

anyway, you could of course simply delete that column for it shows no real important data (at least, that's my opinion)

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

jkmcgrath

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:11:17  Show Profile  Visit jkmcgrath's Homepage
They are not suppose to match if you have archived and deleted posts right?

Delta Force Seals
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:30:41  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
no... i think not... maybe it's just me, but why would you want to have this column that shows the posts per period?

please tell me.

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

DoraMoon
Average Member

Taiwan
661 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:35:19  Show Profile
hi~ schef,

the Total Posts is the same with members.asp page.(take from M_POSTS data field.) you know, it's a "increasing only" number even you've deleted your posts. (i think it mean how many posts you've made, no matter it's deleted or not...)

and the number showing on This Period, it really counting the posts from TOPICS and REPLY table.(it mean the really "alive" posts in forum now..) so even you choose Display Mode:All Forums Top Poster, the posts number still a little different with M_POSTS. (the difference is "deleted posts" or "archived","unapproved" posts.)

it's hard to explain this clearly... hope it a little help for you.

p.s. there are some "small words" below the top poster list...
NOTE: above ranking does not include archived, unapproved and deleted posts

Edited by - DoraMoon on 07 January 2003 18:46:40
Go to Top of Page

jkmcgrath

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  20:05:50  Show Profile  Visit jkmcgrath's Homepage
Dora great mod by the way

I have a couple of ideas/suggestions/requests lol

* mini version that just shows member name-rank-number of posts no drop down boxes all admin controlled (for use on a portal)
* last seen x number of members (example below)
* currently online (example below)

Currently Online
4 members 3 guests
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Last Seen
DoraMoon 2hrs 3mins
crash 3days 45mins

Delta Force Seals
Go to Top of Page

DoraMoon
Average Member

Taiwan
661 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2003 :  10:22:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jkmcgrath* mini version that just shows member name-rank-number of posts no drop down boxes all admin controlled (for use on a portal)
* last seen x number of members (example below)
* currently online (example below)

hi~ jkmcgrath,
about your ideas/suggestions/requests .....

1. in actually, dayve already have this "mini" version done for a long time..
see this topic: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=28936
the source code may not available now, but i think you can ask for dayve if you need it.

2. you know, see the "Last Visit" information is a "Admin" feature on original Snitz design. if you login as Admin and go to Members page, click the column of Last Visit, then you can get the xx Last Seen members list now.
not sure is it appropriate if every members can see this... but anyway, it's not so difficult to do this, if you know how to get the M_LASTHEREDATE data. i've posted a simple example file here..
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40397
let me know if it work for you..

3. this one need Nathan's "Active User MOD" installed. if you already have it done, try take a reference to the including code inc_activeuser.asp (and i think it's necessary to do a little modify if you want to place it on another page..)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07