active users page question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  11:17:49  Show Profile
okay- i'm running the newest version of snitz with SQL Server 2000 and am running the newest active users version. everything works great except that it says that the users' OS Version and Browswer Version are "Unknown."

see for yourself: http://graphicintegrity.net/messageboard

i dunno...

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  11:42:09  Show Profile
i didn't know if this was a known issue with SQL Server 2000, but i did search through the long thread about active users issues here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33715
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  12:56:32  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
A couple of others have reported the same problem earlier, but I don't remember if a solution was found or not. I tried searching for one, but I didn't find anything.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas on how to fix it.

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  14:45:28  Show Profile
okay. thanks, anyway.
Go to Top of Page

DJ5A

163 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  15:02:08  Show Profile
Hello Everybody:

I've had some unknowns sometimes many of them at one time. The times that I've got the Unknowns I've noticed their IP numbers are the same or close to the same.

So I take that IP number & go here: http://www.network-tools.com/ with it & I do an Express Look Up & I find out they are Search Engines going through the site.

I'm not saying all unknowns are Search Engines, Bots or Spiders, but what few times I've checked the IP number this is what I have found out on my site?

Since it's been mentioned I will Look Closer & See what I find out!

Thank You for Your Time!!!!!
DJ5A
Go to Top of Page

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  15:58:54  Show Profile
i can see that this would happen some of the time- but i get "Unknown" ALL the time. i tried the same active_users.asp and inc_activeusers.asp files on another snitz installation that uses access and it works perfectly. moved the files over to my sql server 2000 installation and everybody is suddenly "unknown." ...even me...

Edited by - bumsenmeister on 07 January 2003 15:59:54
Go to Top of Page

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  16:01:34  Show Profile
another question... is it possible to have active users listed in every forum? for example, if users are in the general discussion forum, it displays their presence there. http://www.quake3world.com/forums uses UBB and this is one their features. just curious.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:24:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DJ5A

I've had some unknowns sometimes many of them at one time. The times that I've got the Unknowns I've noticed their IP numbers are the same or close to the same.

So I take that IP number & go here: http://www.network-tools.com/ with it & I do an Express Look Up & I find out they are Search Engines going through the site.

There was some code floating around to identify the spiders, if I can find it I'll post the link here.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:26:02  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bumsenmeister

another question... is it possible to have active users listed in every forum? for example, if users are in the general discussion forum, it displays their presence there. http://www.quake3world.com/forums uses UBB and this is one their features. just curious.

I think the MOD to do that was called Who's Online, or Who's Browsing ... although I don't recall a 3.4 version.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:32:14  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
AU 4 doesn't have that option, as Nathan developed AU 4 to make as few database calls as possible.

The Who's Online Mod for 3.3.03 displayed who were online on more pages than just forum.asp (active topics, search, and even default.asp, I think). That mod add-on was made for AU 3.5 (which differs alot from AU 4). It hasn't been updated for 3.4 and released as a mod, as far as I know. Do a search for who's online and you'll find a few topics about it.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  17:37:29  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
quote:

i can see that this would happen some of the time- but i get "Unknown" ALL the time. i tried the same active_users.asp and inc_activeusers.asp files on another snitz installation that uses access and it works perfectly. moved the files over to my sql server 2000 installation and everybody is suddenly "unknown." ...even me...

In active_users.asp, search for fUserAgent(rsAM("AU_USER_AGENT")) and replace it with fUserAgent(trim(rsAM("AU_USER_AGENT"))). Im not sure if it will fix the problem, as Im unable to test it with a mssql db.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

bumsenmeister
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:37:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by masterao

quote:

In active_users.asp, search for fUserAgent(rsAM("AU_USER_AGENT")) and replace it with fUserAgent(trim(rsAM("AU_USER_AGENT"))). Im not sure if it will fix the problem, as Im unable to test it with a mssql db.

yes! excellent! thanks a lot!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07