Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  05:26:48  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
k, just sent you a email back in return m8, Found a problem with your code there m8 .
looks like its in the post.asp again.
found a couple of bugs that need sorting out m8,
so here they are m8, use 'edit the properties' button and on the page you get the forum details were you can set up moderators and members to that part of the forum.

first one is,
When you want to set up moderators up for the forum, There names are listed in the edit box, but you cant use the arrows to move them over to make them moderators. In IE on the bottom task bar i get the message error 'errors on page'.

Second one is in the same page, Its for setting 'Allowed Members List' members up. I get the same errors then as well.

both these errors are in the post.asp file.

Looks like its got a code error in there somewhere.
Apart from that it looks OK.
All seems to work fine and i can post polls and smiles are working fine, So is the Private messages.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

sirsmiley

77 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  05:44:27  Show Profile
Hmmmm not sure. I may have to get some expert help from Davio or one of the others. What all did you say that you had installed before? And did you install the 3 mod files package? If so, did everything work after that before you added the polls? I will try and see what I can think of. :)
Go to Top of Page

sirsmiley

77 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  06:04:26  Show Profile
Sentinel, it may be related to something else you had installed. I just checked my forum to see if it had a bug that was overlooked, but when I accessed the forum properties, I went down to set moderators, and highlighted a name and clicked the arrow, and it worked fine, then I went down to allowed members list and highlighted a name and clicked the arrow and it also worked fine as well. Hummm not exactly sure what the problem is on yours. Hopefully one of the guys with more expertise will read this and be more helpful. In the meantime I will try and find out more as well, if I figure it out , I will be sure and let you know. :)
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  06:05:26  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
i started with a blank forum, then did your 3 mod files install and it stopped working then.
So must be something you did before the last mod.
But i tried that just incase you fixed it with the post.asp file, but no joy m8.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

sirsmiley

77 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  06:19:40  Show Profile
hmmmm, I had others try it as well, and as far as I know they didn't have any problems with any of the mods or anything. Did you add a new database or upgrade your old one? If you had an older one, did you use to have any mods installed on it before? You are using access 2000 as well right? And when you added the polls, you did change out all 16 modified files right? Sorry for all the questions, just need to know what all you have done, also these other guys will see as well and may know the problem right away. :)
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  10:00:59  Show Profile
Sentinel you can also send me a username and password of an admin account so i can check it out.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  12:56:29  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
posted details over davio.
Sirsmiley, Did you do a updated package with all the mods on it ? Email it over to me if ya did or post a link.
Ta

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  13:43:32  Show Profile
From what I can see, your post.asp file is a file from the Snitz Forums v4.0 beta 3 version. You are running v4 beta?

The error is that the forum cannot find the javascript functions, from the selectbox.js file. But I see the javascript is included in the file, so I can't see what's wrong.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  14:11:05  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
let me start again and upload it all
give me 10 mins then log in again.
might have got the wrong file there while i was tring to upload a few updates to my normal webby and ftp.
lol

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 06 January 2003 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
ooooops, not to wory, got it sorted now.
My bugger up..... Copied a couple off files from the beta forum when uploading.

Now i have redone the whole site its working fine.
Thanks so much for all your help.
I will now add mods to the code and then upload it somewere and post a link to it soon.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07