Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 25 October 2003 :  19:21:24  Show Profile
I like this mod. Thanks!!

But i found one big problem!! When i post an announcement in a private forum other people can read them! You don't have to log-in you just have to know the link of the announcement.

Is it possible to make the announcement follow the settings of the forum? When the forum is private so is the announcement?
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 27 October 2003 :  14:16:57  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RichLondoner

Guys/Gals

I got this error:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ANNOUNCE( A_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL , A_AUTHOR int NULL , A_SUBJECT nvarchar (50) NULL , A_MESSAGE text NULL , A_FORUM_ID smallint NULL , A_START_DATE nvarchar (50) NULL , A_END_DATE nvarchar (50) NULL )
Table already exists

Help....

You have run the dbs file more then once. This don't have to be a problem. The mod should work.
Go to Top of Page

RichLondoner
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2003 :  10:55:51  Show Profile  Visit RichLondoner's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by vmplanet

quote:
Originally posted by RichLondoner

Guys/Gals

I got this error:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ANNOUNCE( A_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL , A_AUTHOR int NULL , A_SUBJECT nvarchar (50) NULL , A_MESSAGE text NULL , A_FORUM_ID smallint NULL , A_START_DATE nvarchar (50) NULL , A_END_DATE nvarchar (50) NULL )
Table already exists

Help....

You have run the dbs file more then once. This don't have to be a problem. The mod should work.

Right, well I'm sure I did only run it once. Even though, it simply didn't work, even though it says the table is there on the forum, it simply isn't as I had a look using SQL Query Analyzer and the table is simply not there... it failed to add it, so i'm adding it manually... and then seeing if the mod will work...

Richard Mills
http://www.mysector.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

RichLondoner
Starting Member

United Kingdom
43 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2003 :  11:13:17  Show Profile  Visit RichLondoner's Homepage
and now it works ....

Richard Mills
http://www.mysector.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

vmplanet

112 Posts

Posted - 29 October 2003 :  19:12:38  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

Lim
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2003 :  12:31:45  Show Profile
Hello, I have just installed it.

Seems it work, Announcements setup appear in Admin options. I can post new announcement and edit it.

But when I try to read it from forum, the pop windows close itself without show nothing.

Can someone help me, please?

Thx
Go to Top of Page

Lim
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2003 :  12:33:58  Show Profile
Nevermind :)

Now works, may be was a server problem.
Go to Top of Page

xx ENIGMA xx

166 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2003 :  19:35:03  Show Profile  Send xx ENIGMA xx an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Lim

Hello, I have just installed it.

Seems it work, Announcements setup appear in Admin options. I can post new announcement and edit it.

But when I try to read it from forum, the pop windows close itself without show nothing.

Can someone help me, please?

Thx

I just installed this and have the exact same problem,
popup just closes before it ever finishes opening.

what was your solution?

my little forum playground

Go to Top of Page

eauxvives

Bhutan
145 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2003 :  07:35:13  Show Profile
I think you have a problem with date/time when the announcement is supposed to start. It closes down i guess because the current date/time is prior to the set start date/time.
I had the exact same problem but fixed it by choosing an earlier start date (e.g. 1 day) than the default date/time.
In my case I believe this is because there is a 6 hour time difference between local time (i.e. that on my computer clock in europe) and server time in US . I'm just guessing on this, though. This might be why Lim could not get it to work first and then suddenly it worked

Maybe the mod uses server time and not time adjusted with the strTimeAdjust parameter from table config_new? just a thought... maybe the author of this script could check on this
Go to Top of Page

ken derringer
Starting Member

40 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2004 :  05:11:01  Show Profile
I have try to download this mod, but the link is dead.
Somebody can help me??

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07