MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 Moderator Options for 3.4 by @tomic
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  01:38:09  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message

Moderator Options for 3.4 by @tomic

Initial Release December 6, 2002

This MOD lets you give access to some of your administrative pages. You select which ones you want them to have access to at the top of moderator_home.asp

Download: http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/ModeratorOptions34.zip

DIRECTIONS

Upload all files to your forum directory.

Find this on moderator_home.asp and turn on whatever MODs you want moderators to have access to:

' 1 = ON, 0 = OFF

strShowMODBadwords = 1
strShowMODStyleGuide = 1
strShowMODPM = 1
strShowMODAvatar = 1
strShowMODEmail = 1

You only need to edit one page besides moderator_home.asp if you are going with the default moderator options

INC_LOGIN.ASP

Add the following on line 116:

if (mlev = 3) then
Response.Write " <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strFooterFontSize & """><a href=""" & strForumURL & "moderator_home.asp""" & dWStatus("Access the Forum Moderator Functions...") & " tabindex=""-1"">Moderator Options</a>"
Response.Write "<br /></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine
end if

ALTERING NAVIGATION

To any page you want to add to moderator options add the following to the navigation so that there is a way back to moderator_home.asp:

if mLev = 4 then
Response.Write " " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""admin_home.asp"">Admin Section</a><br />" & vbNewLine
else
Response.Write " " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""moderator_home.asp"">Moderator Section</a><br />" & vbNewLine
end if

Be sure to remove & _ on the preceeding line and begin the next line with Response.Write
Be sure to copy over the existing link to admin_home.asp or delete that line.

Using this as a guide you should be able to alter any of the admin pages you want moderators to have access to.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  04:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
Great MOD, thanks @tomic.

Political Forums
:::Stay n Chat
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  06:05:40  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Just added it.. good thinking mate

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

irondribbles

61 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  12:12:41  Show Profile
Would it be possible to have this available to only certain moderatorss as opposed to all of them? For instance, I manually changed the title of some of my moderators to "Senior Moderator" and it would be nice if I were able to give them access to things like IPGate (to ban trouble makers) etc etc
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  15:01:54  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Mmmmmm, I don't know about allowing only certain moderators at this point but adding your own moderator options is pretty easy. I just threw in some functions I have. I don't use IPGate so that's why that one wasn't included in the Zip. Adding your own options is as easy as:

1. Place the link to the option in moderator_home.asp

2. Add a way to turn that option on and off to moderator_home.asp at the top

3. Add the if -> then for navigation to the admin page

That's it. Done.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

havvoc

92 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  16:05:24  Show Profile
Thanks @tomic, this will real handy
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2002 :  16:49:46  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
If anyone has added different options and would like to share, post them here and/or send them to me and I will include them in the zip's moderator_home.asp

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07