Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  23:41:17  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
To get it to start recording stats I had to place
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_sitestat.asp" -->
<%

At the very bottom of inc_header.asp
Go to Top of Page

Baroudeur
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  09:03:32  Show Profile
Sometimes the count for yesterday visitors and yesterday pages view print 1. Then all go fine with another day, i dont use the text file forthis mod but the database

This account was hacked into by Image, a very honest guy as you all can see! Stealing people's passwords is his pasttime. Beware of this, before you register at his forums!
Go to Top of Page

evrycard
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  04:18:31  Show Profile
Newbie... I have a double line on my statistics table (between the title and the data). Anyone know how can I get it off?... http://24.118.201.40
Go to Top of Page

suona

Taiwan
121 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2004 :  11:08:39  Show Profile  Visit suona's Homepage
Is it possible to add these two items :

Posts today
Posts yeaterday

Which the "Posts' means new topic, and each new replies.

For eaxmple, if there's only one new topic today, but 5 replies with this new topic, then "posts today" is 1+5=6

I'm a amateur WWW site builder.

And Sorry for my poor english .....

Go to Top of Page

motivations
Starting Member

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2004 :  22:40:07  Show Profile
Gargoyle mentioned: For Serverhacker Snitz Users, do this....

It helped me out big time!!!

quote:

Rgrund,

Thank-you so much for making this MOD and more importantly your offer of help. I have however fixed the problem. I am currently using SHv8 modded forum with TONS of additions and in your readme it states to put the sitestat include under these lines in inc_header.asp

'## END - REMOVAL, MODIFICATION OR CIRCUMVENTING THIS CODE WILL VIOLATE THE SNITZ FORUMS 2000 LICENSE AGREEMENT

But in my file it needed to be below these lines of code....

set my_Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
my_Conn.Open strConnString

That code is around lines 115-120

Hopefully this will help you in the future... Thank-you!!
Go to Top of Page

october123
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2004 :  13:42:10  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I installed the stats three days ago. I didn't want the stats showing on the boards, so I didn't add the table to the default page. When I go to check them on the Admin_sitestat.asp I get the following:

Site Statistic Chart Generator
No Data exist yet in the Database!

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  09:26:35  Show Profile
I've added this mod to our church forums on May 12. Installation went without any problems, installed real easy. But I'm puzzled by the numbers in the stats, and I was wondering if anyone had seen this behaviour. I've looked through this entire thread and have not seen it mentioned, nor found anything related in searching these forums.

For example, yesterday the mod recorded 56757 visitors!! Yeah, I wish!! According to another site counter, I had less than 50 visitors. All the other numbers are all out of whack also.

The site: http://www.saint-pauls.ca/index.asp?main=discussionforums/default.asp Site stats are at the bottom of the page. You can compare the visitor count on the forums with the site counter on the left.

The forum is an access db based, and the site stats are also kept in the same db.

I've had no other problems with the forums before this mod. Anyone have any ideas?

cheers,
Nat

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  16:05:51  Show Profile
Hi nertz,

did you make an adjustment to the numbers (visitors and pages) in the admin section? I have checked the counter by revisiting the pages and they seem to be working correct.

Bob

Internet should be OPENSOURCEd!
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  08:05:50  Show Profile
Bob,

Thanks for replying back. No, I have not adjusted any of the numbers. I definitely have not been in the admin area at all in the last week, and I am the only person with the admin pw.

As I check this morning, I see that yesterday I had 642 visitors and this morning already have 1033 visitors, and almost 60000 visitors for the month (ie: in the last two weeks). I wish my forums had that kind of activity, but reality tells me those numbers are highly inflated.

I've been trying to get stats from my host to compare, but I found out their stats app is broken and since they are moving all sites from NT to Win2k3 they don't intend on fixing it until after the move. All I have to comapre with is the site counter, which being in another frame increments only once per visitor session.

Any other ideas? would web bots crawling the site artificially inflate the numbers?

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:40:49  Show Profile
Hi Nat,

I have registered at your site. Can you give me just for a short while admin rights? Will just look something up and then you can put me back as a normal user. I will not make any changes.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  08:22:30  Show Profile
Bob,

Done... There's a hidden forum called Admin Notes which I also gave you access. You can start a new topic there if there is anything you need me to do.

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  00:54:50  Show Profile
Hi Nat,

made an entry in your forum.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  08:24:16  Show Profile
Bob,

posted a reply back in my forum

cheers,
Nat

Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 26 June 2004 :  15:12:15  Show Profile
Hi

Things are not going smoothly yet for me with the sitestats mod.
I keep getting the following errors:

and after some work, and installing the 1.1.1 update:

quote:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: 'i'

inc_sitestat.asp, line 396

which appears on the default.asp page build.
I also get:
quote:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a003e'

Input past end of file

inc_sitestat.asp, line 169

everywhere on the forum, so nothing comes up on any page apart from the above error.

I can get the forum working again by removing the code out of the default.asp file and, more importantly, removing the sitestat,txt file - I think the file is being written to incorrectly from each page for some reason causing the errors.

Anyone got any ideas what's going on?

Thanks

Edited by - ukcw on 26 June 2004 15:24:03
Go to Top of Page

ukcw

121 Posts

Posted - 29 June 2004 :  16:31:51  Show Profile
Hi again

OK, since no-one seemed to have an answer my posts above, I tried setting the SiteStats mod to use the forum database instead of the text file to store data - the system seemed to still require that I specify a path to a text file for some reason, so I did, and then it worked!!!! I think! My only question is: does using the snitz database fill it up and make it slower or something? What's the advantage/disadvange to using the snitz database to store the information?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07