New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  13:43:33  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Huntress

PeeWee, is there some reason you are not providing me a link to your site? You can email it to me if you prefer.

Yes there is... no one has a link to my forum/site and i dont really wanna give a link out untill it is setup the way i want it.. i want it to look just right before anyone sees it.

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  14:03:36  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
You can find the scrolling news at ServerHackers site.

As for the banner stuff, that's not forum driven, so there is no MOD. Just find some banner code or software you like and install it.

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  14:56:44  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Yeah, i added it and worked great
What do you use for the banner?

Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  15:46:18  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
Don't actually remember, it's a java script from one of the free sources, not really recommending it, as it has NO special features, just a random selection from hardcoded banners within the script. In my opinion it adds to download size, thus making the page slower to download. Go find something you like, cuz honestly this ain't it

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2002 :  15:53:30  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
I might just add the banner mod if i can find it

Go to Top of Page

H82lose91
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2002 :  09:37:07  Show Profile  Send H82lose91 an AOL message  Send H82lose91 an ICQ Message
This was super simple to impliment except for one thing which was my fault for over looking. I needed to switch it over to DOB instead of AGE in the admin area. No biggie all is fine. I did run into another little snag that Huntress brought to my attention with trying to register after i made the DOB switch over. The M-Age field was set to not allow zero length and therefore woudl bail while trying to register since it was now asking for DOB. Just changed the field properties in the DB and all is well.

Id like to thank Huntress for the quick response(s) to my questions and excellent support. This is what makes Snitz so great.
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  16:23:25  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Am I mistaken, or is this MOD for an earlier version of the New Events Calendar? I have version .617 [the latest, I think] ... the files are much different.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 27 November 2002 :  21:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
Hi Rich,

Apparently this might be the case. I made this mod for the folks over at ServerHacker's site, and he's not changed his code in months. Interestingly, a mod of this type would be like shooting at a moving target, since Red1 is still changing that mod.

But I think you will find, assuming you are development savy, that you should be able to still implement this by cutting and pasting the code into the new version. This really doesn't change any of his code, it simply adds a display of the birthday's within his code.

If you need help, please let me know, as I'm more than willing to help you out here. But you might want to email me about it, as I don't check this real often, maybe every other day or so.

Go to Top of Page

OpenIntro

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2002 :  02:02:40  Show Profile  Send OpenIntro an AOL message
Hey there! This MOD was very easy to implement and works great, except that the cal_default.asp (and possibly the cal_functions.asp) that are used in this code reflect an older release of red1's Events Calendar code....

I started to manually add the Birthday code into the files myself, but found that the cal_default.asp that is provided in this download is very different from the newere cal_default.asp that comes with the Events Calendar code....can someone by any chance update this MOD to work with the updated Events Calendar? It would be much appreciated!!!! http://www.kamikazeshots.com/forum is my forum address....

I will also provide the txt versions of these two files....
cal_default.txt
cal_functions.txt

Also, I was curious as to how this MOD could be updated to provide the age of the person with the birthday that appears in the events calendar on default.asp (i.e. UserName (22))

Let's All Do Kamikaze Shots!
http://www.kamikazeshots.com
http://www.kamikazeshots.com/forum
*DO YOUR CLICKS!*
http://dailyclicks.kamikazeshots.com

Edited by - OpenIntro on 10 December 2002 02:03:44
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2002 :  05:29:15  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
I had the same experience!!!

Huntress redid the files for me over this past weekend, and I have it running on my site now with the latest version of Events Calendar - We're giving it a week to expose any bugs, then I believe Huntress will make the new files available.

Hang in there!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

OpenIntro

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 10 December 2002 :  13:31:26  Show Profile  Send OpenIntro an AOL message
Hey Rich, any chance I can get you to email me those files? Cause I
have the older version of the Events Calendar showing at the bottom of
the forum along with the birthdays and it doesn't look very good....I'd
love to just get it working :P

I can be a tester too

*DO YOUR CLICKS!*
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  08:54:50  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
LOL looks like I have more testers.

Sorry I've not checked this, but this is why I asked to be emailed if help was needed.

I'll get this packaged up this weekend for everyone (working on a bunch of other things, so give me kick in the email if I forget )

Looks like it's working great on RichFed's and OpenIntro's forums.

Go to Top of Page

OpenIntro

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  00:46:30  Show Profile  Send OpenIntro an AOL message
Yes! It is working perfect! Have seen no problems yet, and the members love it

I was curious though, is it possible to add the age to the table as well? So that it will not only show the birthdate, but also the age of the person with the birthday! That would be great!

*DO YOUR CLICKS!*
Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  20:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
Apparently I never did come back here and provide the code for the Snitz Only fix as mentioned by RichFed and OpenIntro above. Just as well as a bug appeared this morning where upcoming birthdays were not displaying.

The attachment below includes both the ServerHacker and Snitz Only versions of this mod. The Snitz Only version is another zip within this zip, and supports version .617 of Red1's Event Calendar Mod.

Besides the fix mentioned above, I've included an improved formatting (slight fix), as well as resolution of the pending leap year baby birthday. In non-leap years, a Feb 29th birthday will be listed as March 1st. As per one member on my site who has a Feb 29 birthday, his state lists his birthday as March 1st on non leap years. Who can argue with the law

Download Attachment: MOD_Birthday_Events_v2-2.zip
51.58 KB

As always, email me at huntress@huntcentral.com if you have any questions/problems

Go to Top of Page

Huntress

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  20:10:29  Show Profile  Visit Huntress's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by OpenIntro

Yes! It is working perfect! Have seen no problems yet, and the members love it

I was curious though, is it possible to add the age to the table as well? So that it will not only show the birthdate, but also the age of the person with the birthday! That would be great!

I won't be adding age, as I've even gone to the extent to remove the display of age in profiles on my site (another mod, if interested I'll post it here) and replace it with simply a display of Month Date in this format: January 1st, because some folks were not setting their birthdays because profile showed age. We called this SHY birthday syndrom Face it, lots of folks want to be told "Happy Birthday", but do not want to be told "Happy Birthday You Old Fart" or "Happy Birthday, You Shaving Yet?"

Of course feel free to modify the display to include that for your site.

Edited by - Huntress on 01 January 2003 20:12:23
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07