Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Category and Forum Sorting (new version)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zude
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2001 :  14:04:47  Show Profile  Visit Zude's Homepage  Send Zude an ICQ Message
Hi,

I'm trying to get this mod to work, but having a bit of difficulty. I'm relatively new to the Snitz forums, but pretty familiar with ASP and SQL.

I am using mySQL 3.23 as my database, which may be causing some of the problems.

I tried using mod_dbsetup to add the fields to the tables, but it failed with a 'subscript out of range' for both tables. So I manually added the two INT type fields, with a length of 1 and allowing NULLs.

I made all of the modifications as instructed (by hand, because I have already put in some mods to default.asp, etc.) This broke default.asp due with an ODBC error. So I undid all of the changes to get things working again.

Next I decided to try just admin_config_order.asp, and it came up OK, but when I tried to submit, I received this error:

quote:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E09)
[TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE FORUM_ID = AND CAT_ID = 5' at line 1
/forum/admin_config_order.asp, line 82

Line 82 in admin_config_order.asp appears to be where the FORUM_ORDER fields get set. If I try to go back and look at the database, it seems that some of the fields are set.

One of my categories contains only URL link entries - it seemed from reading this topic that the problem might be that there are no forums in the category, so I created one and tried again. Same error.

I was able to overcome this (temporarily) by manually editing the database to put in the forum_order and category_order for each item.

I made the mods to default.asp and inc_jump_to.asp again and things are displaying in the order that I want.

But I still can't get admin_config_order.asp to work successfully.

Any ideas

Thanks,
Zude

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  13:27:29  Show Profile
This mod is very cool! I've been using it and it's great.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Bassman

Netherlands
256 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  15:22:45  Show Profile  Visit Bassman's Homepage
Cool Richard

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  15:31:06  Show Profile
Here is an updated admin_config_order.asp that does not require that you have a forum in all of your categories.

Can y'all test it out and make sure it works for all of you?

Thanks!

http://www1.domaindlx.com/dssdbs/files/admin_config_order.zip

or

http://www11.ewebcity.com/dssdbs/files/admin_config_order.zip
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  18:20:12  Show Profile
quote:

Can y'all test it out and make sure it works for all of you?

The word guinea pig popped into my mind for a second...

I tested it out - created a category with no forums. It worked without any problems for me.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Ribkick

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  18:37:08  Show Profile
Another great Mod with seamless installation. Thank you Richard.

Go to Top of Page

philboze
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  10:27:14  Show Profile
I'm getting this error:
-----------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

/forum/admin_config_order.asp, line 126
--------------------------------------

Any idea why?

thanks!

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2001 :  12:42:50  Show Profile
philboze,

Sounds like either you didn't run the database setup, or you don't have any Categories at all.

If you only downloaded the file that is a few posts up, it's just a replacement for a file that is in the .zip file in the Topic of this thread. You'll first need to download the file in the Topic of this thread and follow the instructions to setup the database and edit default.asp.
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  16:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
Hey guys...
Great mod,
I was asking for something like this...
but the bad part is I am getting the same error.
And, so far, I believe I have done everything...
http://64.23.82.10/e-syednet/forums/default.asp
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

lcs78816

195 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  17:06:21  Show Profile
Hi Richard,

I want to removed the first version and implement the new version. However, I can not find the original script so I dunno where to remove. Also, the link you post for the first version is not found on Snitz. Is there any possible way?

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  19:20:30  Show Profile
You don't really need to remove the first version to use this newer version. The code on default.asp is the same except for the icon on the top right to sort the categories. You can still use the old method and the new method at the same time also.

This link should work: http://forum.snitz.com/forum_archive_working/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=966
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07