Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2003 :  19:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by devaskar
Thanks, but I still can't find it. Where am I supposed to look? I'm new to putting the forum together, so I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place. DB is database, right? If so, it's not in my db.

Just go to, site code > db > Snitz_Forums_2000 open this file and there u have, Have u found it?

BTW I'm new as well!

Good Luck!

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

br-master
Starting Member

Brazil
15 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2003 :  21:36:07  Show Profile  Visit br-master's Homepage  Send br-master a Yahoo! Message
your website are offline... is what happened?
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2003 :  23:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Sorry? Can u say it again please. I didn't understand that! :s

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2003 :  02:31:19  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Faizan

Sorry? Can u say it again please. I didn't understand that! :s

I think he means that www.serverhacker.com is/was offline (it was giving me a socket error Socket Error 10049 {Thd 556} [socket #788, 0.0.0.0:4236 to :0] )

... ooh, looks like it's back again but very slow. And the sitenews page seems to think it's November 2002 ... or is that just my browser needing to refresh

Edited by - donburch on 26 January 2003 02:40:57
Go to Top of Page

Palbin
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2003 :  04:07:59  Show Profile  Visit Palbin's Homepage  Send Palbin an AOL message  Send Palbin an ICQ Message  Send Palbin a Yahoo! Message
Have a problem with the hover colors on in my forums. I recently put serverhackers fully modded forums on my site. The problem is that the hover colors will not turn off. When the hover colors are turned to yes for disabled the default.asp no longer has hover colors but the topics page inside the individual forums still has hover color. I used to run the version 3.4.03 and i migrated that database over to the new site. I ran all of the neccisary databases for serverhackers code.
Go to Top of Page

kctowboy
Starting Member

Belgium
1 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2003 :  22:16:03  Show Profile
Ok, I am having a breakown here trying to get my email notification to work... Server is set and I can pass mail perfectly from Outlook,... But, for some odd reason, I cant get the Modded Version to send mail to the server... I am running XP with IIS 5.1 and the virtual mail server in IIS... I have tried sending it directly to the IP of server, name of the domain, and a few other tricks like local host and yadda yadda yadda.... I am running behind a linksys router if that makes any difference.... But I can tell you that Outlook is sending and polling the server perfectly pointing to the IP of the server... Am I missing something here in the configuration?
Any help would be appreciated, as this is the only bug am dealing with.......
Thanks,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2003 :  03:32:14  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Palbin

Have a problem with the hover colors on in my forums. I recently put serverhackers fully modded forums on my site. The problem is that the hover colors will not turn off. When the hover colors are turned to yes for disabled the default.asp no longer has hover colors but the topics page inside the individual forums still has hover color. I used to run the version 3.4.03 and i migrated that database over to the new site. I ran all of the neccisary databases for serverhackers code.

They are hard coded into forum.asp, you would need to go into forum.asp and remove the code.

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Mr Pink

United Kingdom
387 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2003 :  08:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Mr Pink's Homepage  Send Mr Pink an AOL message
Does anyone know how to turn off the chat feature of this moded forum?

Martin
Leyland Forum Leyland Lancashire UK
Go to Top of Page

devaskar
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2003 :  16:02:37  Show Profile
When I try to open sitenews.asp, I get this message...anyone help please?

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.the49erway.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Type:
ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0BCD)
Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.
/forum/include/member_spotlight.asp, line 38

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)

Page:
GET /forum/sitenews.asp

Time:
Tuesday, January 28, 2003, 1:56:04 PM

More information:
Microsoft Support

Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2003 :  16:04:22  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Take member_spotlight.asp out of sitenews.asp for a quick fix

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

devaskar
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2003 :  02:11:58  Show Profile
That worked. Now another problem:

I did a test registration to see if everything was set up properly. After the e-mail was sent to the newly registered e-mail telling him to click the below link complete his registration, the following error came up:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.the49erway.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support

Go to Top of Page

devaskar
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2003 :  14:00:50  Show Profile
One more problem...using Internet Explorer, it won't allow me to logout. When I click "logout," it just returns me to the exact same screen, still logged in.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2003 :  14:27:37  Show Profile
quote:

One more problem...using Internet Explorer, it won't allow me to logout. When I click "logout," it just returns me to the exact same screen, still logged in.

In IE,
Tools>Internet Options>Tempoary Internet Files>>Settings>>ViewFiles>>Select All>>File>>Delete

to clean up cache... or do Delete IE Temp Files from Temp Internet Files using Delete Files or similar utility tools if you use one...

Taku
Go to Top of Page

devaskar
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2003 :  14:43:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LeoRat

quote:

In IE,
Tools>Internet Options>Tempoary Internet Files>>Settings>>ViewFiles>>Select All>>File>>Delete

to clean up cache... or do Delete IE Temp Files from Temp Internet Files using Delete Files or similar utility tools if you use one...

Thanks...any idea why the registration problem is occurring?
Go to Top of Page

devaskar
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2003 :  22:21:27  Show Profile
OK, everything with my forum seems to be working except one thing: e-mail validation when registering.

I registered a test account. The e-mail is sent out and it says to click on this:

http://www.....com/forum/sitenews.asp/register.asp?actkey=4000e5o7d61sbwlqpujdwj3221kqnwf9

This doesn't work. What it's supposed to be is:

http://www.....com/forum/register.asp?actkey=4000e5o7d61sbwlqpujdwj3221kqnwf9

I deleted the sitenews.asp from my browser on my own but how do I change things so that newly registered users won't have to deal with this whole problem? (I.E. how do I get rid of "sitenews.asp/" from the registration validation address?)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07