Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  05:47:01  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

That does nothing, but freak it out.. it loops all over the place.. I just keeps opening different windows.

My Demo Site
www.eastpasco.com

That's odd, because the response.end stops all processing, it will just print the SQL string and stop, it cannot do anything else.

'Resistance is futile'
Go to Top of Page

anotherwin95

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  09:13:48  Show Profile  Visit anotherwin95's Homepage  Send anotherwin95 an ICQ Message
quote:

Cant register new user any more!! get error message :ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record.

.../inc_functions.asp, line 642

line 633-644:
function getMemberID(fUser_Name)

'## Forum_SQL
strSql = "SELECT " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS.MEMBER_ID "
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS "
strSql = strSql & " WHERE M_NAME = '" & fUser_Name & "'"

rsGetMemberID = my_Conn.Execute(strSql)

getMemberID = rsGetMemberID("MEMBER_ID")

end function

and did check db: M_VALUE is MEMO
Hope it will help!
Wedont
snitz ver3.1 sr2
access2k

Edited by - wedont on 09 January 2001 20:48:46

register_asp sent.

Edited by - wedont on 09 January 2001 21:07:29

I am in the same boat plus the database field will not accept the message (field not long enough).

I entered the areas in register that were supposed to be updated and ran the setup script - I have to check the database tonight form home to see if I can change the field but stil have the issue of the register fiel causing errors when registering.

Any help is appreciated!

Richard Hay
Webmaster/Forum Admin
http://AnotherWin95.com
http://AnotherWin95.com/forum
http://AnotherWin95.com/cowboys/
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  09:50:28  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
if someone can put a response.write strsql before the my-conn.execute and post the query being issued, this will help

'Resistance is futile'
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  10:14:22  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
They way this was fixed, was, wedont sent me his register.asp file, he forgot to add the one liner close to the top of the file. As for the message is to long, that is because the field is set for text at 255 chars, if you change this field to a memo then it can be much longer.

If you like you are more than welcome to send me your register.asp file, and I will fix it.

Rick, like I said last night I think something is wrong on your User Fileds, it sent me the new private message just fine, I was able to read it, and delete it with no problems.

Please let me know if there is anything else. Remember there are only 2 places that need changed, first is the database, in the database it has 4 extra fields in the MODS table, all with the name of NewMemPM, and the code of admin (this is your name), Subject (this is the subject line), Message (This is the message to be sent), OnOff (This is the option to have this on = 1 or off = 0).

The M_VALUE should be set to memo (by clicking on the design tab) If it is not set on memo then 255 chars is the longest this message will hold.

In the register:

The PM Mod (designed by someone else) places a flag in the MEMBERS table, of 1 if new mail is in their box, 0 if not... So after the strSql = strSql & ", M_QUOTE" around line 191 add strSql = strSql & ", M_PMEMAIL", (If you notice in the db that is where that field exists). Now the register.asp file will take the PMEMAIL field into processing... Next we need to add a 1 to that (So it will tell the user that there is a new PM) In the same SQL statement, you will come across the strSql = strSql & ", '" & ChkString(Request.Form("Quote"),"message") & "'"

Now look at that, it has an if statement..

IF strQuote = "1" then
do this
ELSE
do that
END IF
The next process of the code is to add the number 1 for the new PM...

strSql = strsql & ", '1'"

Then you will notice the ) on the next line. This is the close of all the MEMBERS table update.

my_Conn.Execute(strSql) <-- this executes all of the above SQL statements.

The next information is basically looking for the junk in the ADMIN, SUBJECT, MESSAGE fields in the MOD Table

if intNewMemPM = "1" then
Dim objDict
Set objDict = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
set objRec = my_Conn.execute("SELECT * FROM " & strTablePrefix & "MODS WHERE M_NAME = 'NewMemPM'")

while not objRec.EOF
objDict.Add objRec.Fields.Item("m_code").Value, objRec.Fields.Item("m_value").Value
objRec.moveNext
wend

Admin = GetMemberID(objDict.Item("Admin"))
Subject = objDict.Item("Subject")
Message = objDict.Item("Message")

Ok, I loaded the information from the MOD table, and now needs to add it to the PM table.

strSql = "INSERT INTO " & strTablePrefix & "PM " '<-- heince the INSERT INTO
strSql = strSql & "(M_SUBJECT"
strSql = strSql & ", M_FROM"
strSql = strSql & ", M_TO"
strSql = strSql & ", M_SENT"
strSql = strSql & ", M_MESSAGE"
strSql = strSql & ", M_READ"
strSql = strSql & ", M_MAIL"
strSql = strSql & ", M_OUTBOX"
strSql = strSql & ") "

Again if you look at the db you will see that is the exact order the table has to offer. Now we are just adding a new record:

strSql = strSql & " VALUES ("
strSql = strSql & "'" & Subject & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & Admin & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & GetMemberID( Request.Form("Name")) & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & DateToStr(strForumTimeAdjust) & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & Message & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'0'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & 1 & ")"

my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

All of this needs to be right after:

my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

docount

regHomepage = ""

Those three lines...

This is all this entire mod does, after the registeration of a new user, it just throws in a new message from a specified user (Admin) a specified subject (Subject), and message (Message).

I hope this helps every one, I will be more than happy to take a look at your register.asp file. If it is not in there then it is in your database.

Good luck.

Jeff Brown
Web Zone Complete
<Snitz with many addons>
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  10:21:45  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
Please note: That above message is just a explanation of the mod. To add the mod please use the download file in the first topic of this message

Jeff Brown
Web Zone Complete
<Snitz with many addons>
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  15:30:23  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
if Rick is using my Forum code, he will aslo need to add this entry to FORUM_MODS

'HModEnable','NewMemberPM','1' this is so it works with my mod config screen

'Resistance is futile'
Go to Top of Page

anotherwin95

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  16:26:54  Show Profile  Visit anotherwin95's Homepage  Send anotherwin95 an ICQ Message
Well with some gracious help from KYCable I have a functioning new PM mod at my site.

It is way too

Richard Hay
Webmaster/Forum Admin
http://AnotherWin95.com
http://AnotherWin95.com/forum
http://AnotherWin95.com/cowboys/
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  18:18:38  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
quote:

if Rick is using my Forum code, he will aslo need to add this entry to FORUM_MODS

'HModEnable','NewMemberPM','1' this is so it works with my mod config screen

'Resistance is futile'

Huw, I had noticed that, infact, I just removed the OnOff function in it... and let it work entirely on yours... For some reason the strSQL = strSQL & ", " & "OnOff" string was still in it. I believe Rick's is now working correctly. At least it sent me a new PM ok... His Userfields (He added Birthday) was not storing in the database. Rather you entered it from the Register.asp or the pop_profile.asp file.

Jeff Brown
Web Zone Complete
<Snitz with many addons>
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 23 January 2001 :  20:24:20  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
he is sending me his files so I can check them.

'Resistance is futile'
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  10:26:16  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
New User PM is not working and I've checked everything and read everything I could find.

Here is my FORUM_MODS

M_NAME M_CODE M_VALUE
Attachment faMaxSize 512
Attachment faExtensions .zip;.mdb;.txt
HModEnable SideMenu 1
HModEnable PollMentor 1
HModEnable UserFields 1
HModEnable Attachment 1
HModEnable Pmessages 1
NewMemPM Admin admin
NewMemPM Message Enter your message here
HModEnable NewMemberPM 1
HModEnable imageURLPath images/
NewMemPM Subject Enter your subject line here
NewMemPM OnOff 1

FORUMS_MODS Table:

M_NAME TEXT
M_CODE TEXT
M_VALUE MEMO

I've tried it with and without NewMemPM OnOff 1.

I've attached my register.asp maybe it's something in there..

www.eastpasco.com/tools/register.txt

Thanks,
Rick

My Demo Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  15:35:39  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
Well I was starting to get worried if I was going to loose my mind.

Rick, and Rich. I believe I have found what is going on...

I downloaded the latest version of HuwR's board and installed it on my local server. Low and behold I have found the exact same problem that you two were having.

After looking at the PM table in the database, I notice these fields:

HuwR's Database
M_SUBJECT, M_FROM, M_TO, M_SENT, M_MESSAGE, M_PMCOUNT, M_READ, M_MAIL, M_OUTBOX

When Huw and I first created this little mess, I copied those fields exactly. Although when I compared the two databases (the one I started this mod with, and the one that comes with HuwR's) I noticed one slight difference.

OLD MY VERSION
M_SUBJECT, M_FROM, M_TO, M_SENT, M_MESSAGE, M_READ, M_MAIL, M_OUTBOX

Notice That mine did not contain the M_PMCOUNT, that is why you guys were getting the error, on the my_Conn.Execute(strSql) string.

By replacing that mess with this mess in the register.asp file, will fix that error. All I have done was added the strSql = strSql & ", M_PMCOUNT" to the INSERT INTO after the M_MESSAGE and then after the VALUES I added the strSql = strSql & ", " & "'1'" This now adds the correct number of fields to the database.

If you have any problems, I have a ready-to-send copy of HuwR's register.asp file (This is for HuwR's version only!)

Dim objDict
Set objDict = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
set objRec = my_Conn.execute("SELECT * FROM " & strTablePrefix & "MODS WHERE M_NAME = 'NewMemPM'")

while not objRec.EOF
objDict.Add objRec.Fields.Item("m_code").Value, objRec.Fields.Item("m_value").Value
objRec.moveNext
wend

Admin = GetMemberID(objDict.Item("Admin"))
Subject = objDict.Item("Subject")
Message = objDict.Item("Message")

strSql = "INSERT INTO " & strTablePrefix & "PM "
strSql = strSql & "(M_SUBJECT"
strSql = strSql & ", M_FROM"
strSql = strSql & ", M_TO"
strSql = strSql & ", M_SENT"
strSql = strSql & ", M_MESSAGE"
strSql = strSql & ", M_PMCOUNT"
strSql = strSql & ", M_READ"
strSql = strSql & ", M_MAIL"
strSql = strSql & ", M_OUTBOX"
strSql = strSql & ") "
strSql = strSql & " VALUES ("
strSql = strSql & "'" & Subject & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & Admin & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & GetMemberID(Request.Form("Name")) & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & DateToStr(strForumTimeAdjust) & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'" & Message & "'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'1'"
strSql = strSql & ", " & "'1'" & ")"
'response.write strsql
my_Conn.Execute (strSql)

Jeff Brown
Web Zone Complete
<Snitz with many addons>
Go to Top of Page

kycable

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  16:51:40  Show Profile  Visit kycable's Homepage  Send kycable an AOL message
I did notice one other thing... If you are going to use Forum code (i.e. [b][red][center], etc.) Then you need to change this line in the privateread.asp file to this:

<font color="<% =strForumFontColor %>" face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>"><% =formatStr(chkString(rsMessage("M_MESSAGE"), "message")) %></font>

Notice the:

<% =formatStr(chkString(reMessage("M_MESSAGE"), "message")) %>

The chkString(reMessage("M_MESSAGE"), "message")) replaces all of the [center], etc to <center>, etc.

Jeff Brown
Web Zone Complete
<Snitz with many addons>
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  18:58:23  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I made the changes to the register.asp file.. still not working.

As for the HTML Code.. It didn't work either, but something is wrong! because I can't post any HTML Code anywhere! And I checked it's turned on and it's on in the database. I tried to do some in Topics.. and it crashed. take the code out.. it will post.
I have no clue where to look or who to ask how to fix that one

My Demo Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page

kjones

Jamaica
59 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  11:13:21  Show Profile  Visit kjones's Homepage  Send kjones an ICQ Message
Hi,

Where is the most recent update of the mod? and can it be used as an INCLUDE file instead of editing the register.asp file.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  19:15:32  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Yeha, I'm intrested to!
Tomas

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07