Help: MOD Implementation
 Style changer causing problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  13:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
One of my users is having problems (Error was reported on this page) after setting my mod up on his forum, new members cannot register without getting a database error

The error is
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
Field 'FORUM_MEMBERS.M_LNEWS' cannot be a zero-length string.
/test/register.asp, line 598

I have made changes to the SQL on that page but I cant see any changes that would cause this to start being a problem

if strLNews = "1" then
  strsql = strsql & ", '" & ChkString(Request.Form("LNews"),"message") & "'"
else
  strSql = strSql & ", ''" '< error is on this line
end if

I tried changing this line
  strSql = strSql & ", ''"
to this
  strSql = strSql & ", NULL"
and I no longer get the error

If you want to download the zip and see what changes I have made, it is available here... Download ZIP

Can anyone tell me why my MOD would require this change? or am I missing somthing, maybe in one of the #includes

Edited by - Serevinus on 11 September 2002 15:05:38

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  18:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, I still dont know what causes the problem with registering, but I have updated the zip with a patch that will prevent the problem from occuring

By changing all the strSql = strSql & ", ''" lines in register.asp to strSql = strSql & ", NULL" the problem has vanished

If you have any ideas as to why my MOD would suddenly make SQL not like null text values, please let me know
Any Ideas Richard?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07