Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rad
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  16:02:17  Show Profile
Yeah I know, ive been very stupid and although I think its a no win situation, i hope someone can help me

I upgraded to 3.4.02 and reinstalled the Active Users MOD as per the instructions. However, an error was listed on the MOD setup (this is the first point at where i was stupid), and i didnt note down the exact error but it was a list of variables that it claimed were duplicates of the primary key etc. in the database. However (second stupid point), i continued and made all the coding mods to the forum files.

The Active Users panel appeared to work and shows users and guests which are logged on, However, when a member logs on, it doesnt remove their guest entry, therefore there are 2 connections listed for one person, as a guest and as a member.

I hope that this can be resolved by doing something within the actual database as i dont want to roll it all back to before the MOD and loose all topics which have been posted since the MOD installation.

Thanks

Rad

philgsy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  19:05:55  Show Profile  Visit philgsy's Homepage  Send philgsy a Yahoo! Message
I am having a similar problem with my active users panel.
If I load the forum without being logged in I show as a guest (as you'd expect...)
If I log in, the number of active users goes up by 1. If I go the the active users page, I show up twice. Once as Admin, and once as Guest. Both using the same IP address, however, the guest showing up as active since 3 seconds earlier.
after the timeout settings in Active users, the guest dissappers, however, it's not ideal.
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  19:56:50  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Double-check that you entered the code that should go in inc_header.asp. Also, do you use the require registration feature in the forum? If so, also check that you added the code for login.asp in the right place.

Master AO

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  01:19:11  Show Profile
This is the same problem that I have been having since I installed it a week ago. You can read this Topic on all my posts to the shadowing problem. Still haven't found a fix to it yet.

If you come to site as a guest then login it will show you as a member and a guest until the timeout expires for the guest IP. Nathan, must have went out of town or something since no one has hear from him on the Active Users problem in the last few days. Hope this let's you know that your not alone.

masterao, "require registration"???, Ummm, I use email validation. I'm not quite sure what your asking for?

Jason
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  04:17:21  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
When I was trying to recreate this bug on my test forum, I activated the Require Registration option. This option requires you to login before you can visit the forum (this option is below Prohibit New Members in the Main Forum Configuration). I had missed to add the code to login.asp and each time I logged in or out, my guest-status remained.

This problem with not removing the guest-status is probably because of something missing in your installation, but what??

Im not sure if you have mentioned everything below, but lets check your platforms first

Which version of the forum are you currently using?
Have you manually applied any bug-fix to your forum?
Which database are you using?
Which connection-string are using (if you use username/password, remove it before posting it here)?
Have you installed any other mods?
Are you using a firewall or any other software that guards your privacy?

Master AO

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  10:01:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by masterao

This problem with not removing the guest-status is probably because of something missing in your installation, but what??

I know that this is NOT it. I have installed it twice to V3.4.01. Once with a new database and once with an existing. Both instances starting with a clean set of files.

I have now installed it twice again to V3.4.02. Same as is did for V.01. Nathan said it was an installation error also so this is the reason for "quad" checking. I even have a link to the text versions of my inc_header, inc_func_common.asp, & login.asp in the Topic listed above. I to run a test forums and a running forums. In either application it still does it. I have now started noticing that "every now and again" that when I logout it shows me as still logged on. Has my user name still listed and also shows me as a guest. This is opposite from the everyday probelm of login and shadowing me.
quote:

Which connection-string are using (if you use username/password, remove it before posting it here)?
Master AO

Which version of the forum are you currently using?v Snitz Forums V3.4.02
Have you manually applied any bug-fix to your forum? Yes, up to date
Which database are you using? Access 2000, clean or existing
Which connection-string are using (if you use username/password, remove it before posting it here)? Access, first one list, virtual directory, Access 2000
Have you installed any other mods? Just finsihed installing PM, and Avatars. Does not matter because it was doing it before any MODS or updates.
Are you using a firewall or any other software that guards your privacy? Not that I'm aware of

This is my test forums link. A lot of the files you are going to notice has been modified. This AU problem was happening way before I MODDED any files. It was doing a a clean set with just AU installed.

Jason

Edited by - GenerationEdge on 06 September 2002 10:04:43
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  10:21:37  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Jason, I looked through the text-versions of the files that you provided, and they looked ok to me. The reason that I said that something seems to be missing, is that the mod works ok on my test forum. The bug is real, no doubt about that.

Im going to register at your forum and try to see if I get the same problem that you have, but that will have to wait until I get home from work. I'll notify you the account name so that you can remove it when Im finished.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  11:09:37  Show Profile
I'm just glad to see that others are having the same "bug" and it's not just me loosing my fricken mind . It looks like I was the first to report it a week and a half ago so I thought I really did screw up the installation everytime.

Everyone makes installs mistakes but I figured as many times as I have installed it clean, different databases, (backwards, forwards, & upside down) then the error has to be in the scrpit or a setting. I'm not genious with ASP but I do dable with it and usually can find or fixed mine or someone elses problem but this one is about to drive me crazy.

No need to let me know about the register account name. As long as it's in my test forums then there is no consern since all I do ther is test my MODS and MODS I install. I hope you can figure it out!

Thanks,

Jason
Go to Top of Page

Grandmaster
Starting Member

Brazil
46 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  13:09:45  Show Profile  Visit Grandmaster's Homepage  Send Grandmaster an ICQ Message
I always had this problem :)

When someone enter in my forum as a guest and then Log in, Active Users shows him as guest and as Logged in

The same happens when a guest register himself. It stays as guest and with his new account

--
Renato "Grandmaster"
CobiT Foundation 4.1 Certified ID: 90391725
http://www.renato.henriques.nom.br
Go to Top of Page

philgsy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  17:14:19  Show Profile  Visit philgsy's Homepage  Send philgsy a Yahoo! Message
As I said before Im having the same problem, but I have a different setup for the forum (ie MySQL, and no Bug Fixzes)
You can check my forum here http://webplus.philm.abelvisp.co.uk

quote:
Originally posted by masterao

When I was trying to recreate this bug on my test forum, I activated the Require Registration option. This option requires you to login before you can visit the forum (this option is below Prohibit New Members in the Main Forum Configuration). I had missed to add the code to login.asp and each time I logged in or out, my guest-status remained.

Im not sure if you have mentioned everything below, but lets check your platforms first

Master AO

Which version of the forum are you currently using? 3.4.02
Have you manually applied any bug-fix to your forum? No. CLean Install of 3.4.02
Which database are you using? MySql
Which connection-string are using (if you use username/password, remove it before posting it here)? MySql
Have you installed any other mods? PM
Are you using a firewall or any other software that guards your privacy? No

Just as an addition, I do not have "Registration Required" active on the forum either.

I hope thay adding my setup, may help someone to look at the problem...

Hope we can fix it soon. Still love the mod though!

Phil
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  18:37:43  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
I have been testing this thoroughly on my test forums, and Im able to reproduce the bug.

As far as I can tell, this is what happens.
When you login and get the "You logged in successfully" msg, your first visitor entry is removed from the database and you are entered as a member. However, the Sub ActiveUserTracker() catches that your memberID is -1 and checks if you (as a guest) is in the database. As you have just been removed as a guest and entered as a member, you are again entered as a guest.

Im not sure if the following is the right fix for this, but it works on my forum.

In inc_header.asp, find:

ActiveUserTracker()

Replace it with the following:

if Not Request.Form("Method_Type") = "login" then
ActiveUserTracker()
end if

I think I have a better way to fix this:

In inc_func_common.asp, look for the code below. Add the code marked red.

else 'Is a new user, make new record
   If strLoginStatus = 0 then
    strSql = "INSERT INTO " & strTablePrefix & "ACTIVE_USERS (" & _
             "MEMBER_ID, AU_IP, AU_LOGINTIME, AU_LASTACTIVETIME, " & _
             "AU_LASTPAGE, AU_QUERYSTRING, AU_USER_AGENT) VALUES(" & _
             MemberID & ", " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strUserIP, "SQLString") & "', " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strCurrentTime, "SQLString") & "', " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strCurrentTime, "SQLString") & "', " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strScriptName, "SQLString") & "', " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strQueryString, "SQLString") & "', " & _
             "'" & Chkstring(strUserAgent, "SQLString") & "')"
    my_conn.execute (strSql)
   end if
  end if
end sub

Try it and see if it works, and that it doesn't impede on any other part of the mod.

Jan
===========

Edited by - masterao on 06 September 2002 20:04:43
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  10:11:46  Show Profile
You the man, masterao! I just installed the code in the inc_func_common.asp to my running forums and so far it works now like it should. No shadowing! I want to see how it's going to work once I get some users on it since I'm the only one right now on my site but you may have very well hit the nail on the head. Nathan will need to add this to his zip if it holds up! Now, if I could only get the icon situation straight in the Active Users Panel, then Active Users MOD will be finsihed .

Thanks so much,

Jason

Edited by - GenerationEdge on 07 September 2002 10:12:42
Go to Top of Page

Alex123

Greece
237 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  10:21:56  Show Profile
I use snitz 3.3.05 and installed Active Users 4.0.17. I don't have a file inc_func_common.asp. I only have a file called inc_functions, which does have the same code in it. I did add the ones in "red" but nothing changed. I tried by registering as a new user and it still seems to have the same problem

Thanks
Alex
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  10:34:39  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
I hope it works too, as this is an annoying bug.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  10:40:10  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Alex, I have AU 4.0 installed on my site (which uses snitz 3.3.xx). I don't have the shadowing problem and if you can provide a text-version of your inc_functions.asp, I can compare the AU code to see what differs between yours and mine.

Remember, the above fix is for AU4.0 for Snitz v3.4, not 3.3.xx.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

Alex123

Greece
237 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  11:03:56  Show Profile
Hi Masterao,

The problem happens only at a specific situation and at that time only.
What happens is this, when someone first visits the forum he/she shows as a guest, then after he/she registers, both the name of the member and the guest statues show together.
At no other time this ever happens, for example if you just visit the forum you show as a guest and after you login you only show as a member and the guest statues does go away. Could it have something to do with the register. asp ?

Thanks
Alex
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07