New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  19:18:16  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Ok, let me lay out a little senerio here.

You go to forum.asp and set the sorting options to by last active ascending. You see 3 topics named 1, 2, and 3. You go into topic 2 and hit previous topic. You get topic 1 right?

Ok, now you change the sort on forum.asp to by author descending, now you see topics 3, 2, and 1. You go into topic 3 then hit previous topic. Now your in topic 2? Say what?

To make this make since would be very very tricky. Somehow you would have to send the data of how forum.asp was sorted into topic.asp

Might get too complex to stress over.

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  19:32:28  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage
no that is right how u have explained it...if u press the previous button the it will go to the topic befor the one that u clicked. eg topic 2 --> previous = topic 1

do u mean that when u have them sorting that it doesnt take u to the previous topic of that sort and it looks at the numbers of the topics and not lookign ta the sort optiosn that u have specifyed?

maD2ko0l

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  20:47:02  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
What I mean is that the previous/next topic ignors your custom sort and always uses the last active ascending sort.

Which makes since, but it doesn't at the same time.

I think trying to 'fix' it would be more complex than its worth . . . because it somewhat makes since this way anyhow.

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07