Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

EmperorNeo
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 10 July 2003 :  01:50:10  Show Profile
Thanks for clearing that up for me Dave... see, ya learn something new everyday! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  13:41:04  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
I have a suggestion.
If the link to the .htm file of a topic is found on a search engine and a person clicks on that link he will find a strip down page that only contains a persons name a message and a few replies. Thats it.
What I would like to see is a message below these messages saying:
PLEASE WAIT. YOU ARE BEING REDIRECTED...

That way you dont loose anyone because they think it is just some junk page and just hit the back button before they are redirected.

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 12 August 2003 :  22:24:33  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
I thought it directs them to the related .asp page. Or did I dream that happened?
Go to Top of Page

JohnC

215 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  15:32:34  Show Profile
I'm curious, does this MOD work even if your forums cannot be viewed unless members are logged in?

Ref: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47093
Go to Top of Page

mot

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2003 :  18:10:24  Show Profile  Visit mot's Homepage
I have it on good authority ( www.seotoday.com )that several search engines can detect, and do not like the idea of page redirection, can anyone help me with modifying the script to show a link to the actual topic (as aposed to a redirection) and perhaps a footer with links to other areas of the web site on each page generated.

I am using kwhipp's modified version of this wounderfull script.

www.ukdivers.com" target="_blank">http://www.ukdivers.com

UKDivers.com

Edited by - mot on 21 November 2003 18:15:37
Go to Top of Page

JohnC

215 Posts

Posted - 26 August 2003 :  13:08:33  Show Profile
I installed the Topic Maker MOD on my Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03 and nothing happens. I don't get any error messages either. I post a test topic and then go to my file manager and I don't see any files created in the static topics folder. Any ideas here?
Go to Top of Page

JohnC

215 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  11:57:24  Show Profile
Hellooo....? Is anyone out there? Does anybody have an email address of the creator of Topic Maker?
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 24 November 2003 :  19:44:04  Show Profile
The directory where you are sending the topics to, is it at your root folder (i.e. http://www.yourwebsite.com/ so you have http://www.yourwebsite.com/topic) or is it in the forum folder?
quote:
Originally posted by JohnC

I installed the Topic Maker MOD on my Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03 and nothing happens. I don't get any error messages either. I post a test topic and then go to my file manager and I don't see any files created in the static topics folder. Any ideas here?

If it is in the forum folder, move it to the root and make sure you have write permissions on the folder for the iusr account.

That was earlier in the post. I hope it helps.

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2003 :  21:08:07  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
I have installed this on 3.4.03 and it seems to work just fine, after I have corrected the things mentioned in her, I couldn't get permission because the topics folder were in the forum folder ect. ect. But anyways I have managed to get it to work, it's writing the Html fiels and the index file, and I have modded the way it writes the html files to fit my design. NOW to my question, I have also installed the Admin Html MOD, and it seems that all the topics that there are HTML code in is screwed up in their design, The Topic maker MOD doesn't seem to write the Html file correctly if there is html code in the topics, anybody who can help with this???

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***

Edited by - acoustika on 12 December 2003 21:09:03
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2003 :  00:57:52  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by acoustika

I have installed this on 3.4.03 and it seems to work just fine, after I have corrected the things mentioned in her, I couldn't get permission because the topics folder were in the forum folder ect. ect. But anyways I have managed to get it to work, it's writing the Html fiels and the index file, and I have modded the way it writes the html files to fit my design. NOW to my question, I have also installed the Admin Html MOD, and it seems that all the topics that there are HTML code in is screwed up in their design, The Topic maker MOD doesn't seem to write the Html file correctly if there is html code in the topics, anybody who can help with this???

The Admin HTML Mod does not affect the Topic Mod. The Topic Mod does not convert URL or IMG links. The mod's purpose is for spiders to crawl the pages created by the mod and indexing them. Then when someone, say searched at Google and clicked on a link to one of your pages created by the Topic Mod. That page would redirect them to the "real" topic in your forum. The Topic Mod pages are only for indexing, not for humans to read.

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

gun
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2003 :  04:07:58  Show Profile  Visit gun's Homepage
Google does not index pages that more then 110 kb limit so if you have too much topics google will ignore it when file comes to 110 kb.

Like "mot"'s site. Here is mot's topics cache in google.

http://www.google.com.tr/search?q=cache:8q8tD28iT1MJ:www.rcwebboard.com/forum/topics/+&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8

It has been ignored below. Here is some links Topic 4142 is on the top of page here and indexed

http://www.google.com.tr/search?hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rcwebboard.com%2Fforum%2Ftopics%2F4142.htm&btnG=Google%27da+Ara&meta=

and next link I found Topic 4108 has to be indexed in same page but it hasn't

http://www.google.com.tr/search?hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rcwebboard.com%2Fforum%2Ftopics%2F4108.htm&btnG=Google%27da+Ara&meta=

From forum I think links doesn't appear right but you can copy paste after target="_blank"> to adress bar it work right.

Edited by - gun on 25 December 2003 04:25:44
Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2004 :  05:10:23  Show Profile
Thanks for this file, very usefull.

Made some changes to it:
- added maximum links in index (creates extra index pages)
- javascript redirect (only with browsers)
- link in middle of the page
- all text hidden (same foreground and background color)

<%
'### Topic Maker MOD File ###
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_sha256.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_header.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_common.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_secure.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_member.asp" -->
<%
'=================================================================================
'=============== User Settings ===================================================
'=================================================================================
'### Relative server path to the "Topic" folder - *** include final '/' ***
'###  --- --- --- This folder MUST have write permissions --- --- ---   ***
strTopicPath = "/topics/"
'###

'### URL to the "Topic" folder - *** include final '/' ***
strTopicURL = "/topics/"
'###

'### Make HTML pages for archived topics - *** 1 = yes, 0 = no ***
strArchivedTopic = 1
'###
Dim strWrite, strWrite2, strBackColor, strTmForeColor, strTmClickColor
Dim lngTmIndexCounter, lngTmTopicCounter, lngMaxTmTopicCounter, booTmJavascript
lngTmIndexCounter = 0
lngTmTopicCounter = 0

strTmBackColor = "#FFFFFF"
strTmForeColor = "#FFFFFF"
strTmClickColor = "#000000"

'### Maximum topics per index page *** 0 = no maximum
lngMaxTmTopicCounter = 0
'###

'### Automatically link to original topic with Javascript *** 
booTmJavascript = true
'###

if Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") <> "15916941253" then
	scriptname = split(request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME"),"/")
	Response.Redirect "admin_login.asp?target=" & scriptname(ubound(scriptname))
end if

strSql = "SELECT TOPIC_ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS ORDER BY TOPIC_ID DESC"
strSql = TopSQL(strSql,1)
set countrs = my_conn.execute(strSql)
if countrs.Bof and countrs.eof then
  '# do nothing
else
  strMaxTopics = countrs("TOPIC_ID")
  set countrs = nothing

strSql = "SELECT TOPIC_ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS ORDER BY TOPIC_ID ASC"
  strMinTopics = countrs("TOPIC_ID")
  set countrs = nothing
  if strMinTopics < 1 then
    strMinTopics = 1
  end if

Response.Write	"      <table border=""0"" width=""100%"">" & vbNewLine & _
  		"        <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          <td width=""33%"" align=""left"" nowrap><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""default.asp"">All Forums</a><br />" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""admin_home.asp"">Admin Section</a><br />" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBlank,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpenTopic,"","") & " Topic Maker<br /></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"        </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"      </table>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"      <table border=""0"" align=""center"" width=""100%"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""0"">" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          <td bgcolor=""" & strPopUpBorderColor & """>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"            <table border=""0"" cellspacing=""1"" cellpadding=""1"" align=""center"" width=""100%"">" & vbNewLine

Call Tm_IndexBegin(false)

for write_this = strMinTopics to strMaxTopics
    strSql = "SELECT FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, T_AUTHOR, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE"
    strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "TOPICS"
    strSql = strSql & " WHERE TOPIC_ID = " & write_this
    set rsWrite = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)
    strStatus = ""
    strWrite = ""
    if rsWrite.Bof and rsWrite.eof then
      strStatus = "No such topic found."
    else
      set rsGetForum = my_Conn.Execute ("SELECT F_SUBJECT, F_PRIVATEFORUMS FROM " & strTablePrefix & "FORUM WHERE FORUM_ID =" & rsWrite("FORUM_ID"))
      if rsGetForum("F_PRIVATEFORUMS") = 0 then
        forum_name = rsGetForum("F_SUBJECT")
        themessage = rsWrite("T_MESSAGE")
        themessage = Replace(themessage, """", "")
        strWrite = strWrite & "<html>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<head>" & vbNewLine
		strWrite = strWrite & Tm_InsertJavaScript(strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this)
        strWrite = strWrite & "<title>" & strForumTitle & " - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</title>" & vbNewLine
		if NOT (booTmJavascript = true) then 
			strWrite = strWrite & "<meta http-equiv=""Refresh"" content=""5; URL=" & strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this & """>" & vbNewLine
		end if
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""keywords"" content=""" & Replace(rsWrite("T_SUBJECT"), " ", ", ") & ", " & Replace(Replace(themessage, Chr(13) & Chr(10), ""), " ", ", ") & """>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""description"" content=""" & strForumTitle & " - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & """>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""copyright"" content=""Copyright © " & strCopyright & """>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""author"" content=""" & strForumTitle & """>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""revisit-after"" content=""1 day"">" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""robot"" content=""all"">" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "</head>" & vbNewLine
		strWrite = strWrite & "<body bgColor=""" & strTmBackColor & """ text=""" & strTmForeColor & """ link=""" & strTmForeColor & """ aLink=""" & strTmForeColor & """ vLink=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & vbNewLine 
        strWrite = strWrite & "<p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p align=""center"">" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<font color=""" & strTmClickColor & """><a href=""" & strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this & """><font color=""" & strTmClickColor & """>Click here to view this topic.</font></a></font>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & " <br" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "<table border=""0"" align=""center"" width=""100%"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""2"">" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "  <tr>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" colspan=""2""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "  </tr>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & getMemberName(rsWrite("T_AUTHOR")) & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "    <td><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & themessage & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine

lngTmTopicCounter = lngTmTopicCounter + 1
        if (lngMaxTmTopicCounter <> 0) and (lngTmTopicCounter > lngMaxTmTopicCounter) then
			Call Tm_IndexEnd(true)
			Call Tm_IndexBegin(true)
  			Response.Write  "              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
  							"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Index.</font></td>"  & _
  			  				"</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
  							"              </tr>" & vbNewLine
        end if
        strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "  <tr>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "    <td><a href=""" & strTopicURL & write_this & ".htm" & """>Topic #" & write_this & "</a> - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</td>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "  </tr>" & vbNewLine

strSql2 = "SELECT R_AUTHOR, R_MESSAGE "
        strSql2 = strSql2 & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "REPLY "
        strSql2 = strSql2 & " WHERE TOPIC_ID = " & write_this

set rsWriteReply = my_Conn.Execute (strSql2)

do until rsWriteReply.eof
          strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & getMemberName(rsWriteReply("R_AUTHOR")) & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
          strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & rsWriteReply("R_MESSAGE") & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
         rsWriteReply.MoveNext
        loop

strWrite = strWrite & "</table>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "</body>" & vbNewLine
        strWrite = strWrite & "</html>" & vbNewLine

Set ObjTopicFile = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
        TopicFile = Server.MapPath (strTopicPath & write_this & ".htm") 
        Set WriteTopicFile = ObjTopicFile.CreateTextFile (TopicFile, True)
        WriteTopicFile.WriteLine(strWrite)
        WriteTopicFile.Close
        Set WriteTopicFile = Nothing
        Set ObjTopicFile = Nothing

strStatus = "Success." & lngTmTopicCounter
      else
        strStatus = "Private."
      end if
    end if 
  			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Done processing topic number " & write_this & " - "& strStatus & "</font></td>"  & _
  next		

if strArchivedTopic then
    strSql = "SELECT TOPIC_ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "A_TOPICS ORDER BY TOPIC_ID DESC"
    if countrs.Bof and countrs.eof then
    			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>There are no archived topics to process.</font></td>"  & _
    else
      strMaxTopics = countrs("TOPIC_ID")
      set countrs = nothing

strSql = "SELECT TOPIC_ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "A_TOPICS ORDER BY TOPIC_ID ASC"
      strMinTopics = countrs("TOPIC_ID")
      set countrs = nothing
      if strMinTopics < 1 then
        strMinTopics = 1
      end if

for write_this = strMinTopics to strMaxTopics
        strSql = "SELECT FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, T_AUTHOR, T_SUBJECT, T_MESSAGE"
        strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "A_TOPICS"
        strSql = strSql & " WHERE TOPIC_ID = " & write_this
        set rsWrite = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)
        strStatus = ""
        strWrite = ""
        if rsWrite.Bof and rsWrite.eof then
          strStatus = "No such archived topic found."
        else
          set rsGetForum = my_Conn.Execute ("SELECT F_SUBJECT, F_PRIVATEFORUMS FROM " & strTablePrefix & "FORUM WHERE FORUM_ID =" & rsWrite("FORUM_ID"))
          if rsGetForum("F_PRIVATEFORUMS") = 0 then
				forum_name = rsGetForum("F_SUBJECT")
				themessage = rsWrite("T_MESSAGE")
				themessage = Replace(themessage, """", "")
				strWrite = strWrite & "<html>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<head>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & Tm_InsertJavaScript(strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this)
				strWrite = strWrite & "<title>" & strForumTitle & " - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</title>" & vbNewLine
					strWrite = strWrite & "<meta http-equiv=""Refresh"" content=""5; URL=" & strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this & """>" & vbNewLine
				end if
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""keywords"" content=""" & Replace(rsWrite("T_SUBJECT"), " ", ", ") & ", " & Replace(Replace(themessage, Chr(13) & Chr(10), ""), " ", ", ") & """>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""description"" content=""" & strForumTitle & " - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & """>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""copyright"" content=""Copyright © " & strCopyright & """>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""author"" content=""" & strForumTitle & """>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""revisit-after"" content=""1 day"">" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<meta name=""robot"" content=""all"">" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "</head>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<body bgColor=""" & strTmBackColor & """ text=""" & strTmForeColor & """ link=""" & strTmForeColor & """ aLink=""" & strTmForeColor & """ vLink=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & vbNewLine 
				strWrite = strWrite & "<p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p align=""center"">" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<font color=""" & strTmClickColor & """><a href=""" & strForumURL & "topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=" & write_this & """><font color=""" & strTmClickColor & """>Click here to view this topic.</font></a></font>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & " <br" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "<table border=""0"" align=""center"" width=""100%"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""2"">" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" colspan=""2""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & getMemberName(rsWrite("T_AUTHOR")) & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "    <td><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & themessage & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine

lngTmTopicCounter = lngTmTopicCounter + 1
			if (lngMaxTmTopicCounter <> 0) and (lngTmTopicCounter > lngMaxTmTopicCounter) then
				Call Tm_IndexEnd(true)
				Call Tm_IndexBegin(true)
  								"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Index.</font></td>"  & _
			end if

strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "    <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><a href=""" & strTopicURL & write_this & ".htm" & """>Topic #" & write_this & "</a> - " & rsWrite("T_SUBJECT") & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine

strSql2 = "SELECT R_AUTHOR, R_MESSAGE "
            strSql2 = strSql2 & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "A_REPLY "
            strSql2 = strSql2 & " WHERE TOPIC_ID = " & write_this

set rsWriteReply = my_Conn.Execute (strSql2)

do until rsWriteReply.eof
				strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & getMemberName(rsWriteReply("R_AUTHOR")) & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
				strWrite = strWrite & "    <td align=""center"" valign=""top""><font color=""" & strTmForeColor & """>" & rsWriteReply("R_MESSAGE") & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine
             rsWriteReply.MoveNext
            loop

strWrite = strWrite & "</table>" & vbNewLine
            strWrite = strWrite & "</body>" & vbNewLine
            strWrite = strWrite & "</html>" & vbNewLine

TopicFile = Server.MapPath (strTopicPath & write_this & ".htm") 
            WriteTopicFile.WriteLine(strWrite)
            WriteTopicFile.Close

strStatus = "Success."
          else
            strStatus = "Private."
          end if
        end if 
      			"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Done processing archived topic number " & write_this & " - "& strStatus & "</font></td>"  & _
      next
    end if
  end if

Call Tm_IndexEnd(false)

"                <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>" & lngTmIndexCounter & " Index file(s).</font></td>"  & _

Response.Write  "            </table>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"          </td>" & vbNewLine & _
    	"          <td align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><br /><a href=""admin_home.asp"">Admin Section</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"      </table>" & vbNewLine & _
  		"      <br />" & vbNewLine     
end if
WriteFooter

Sub Tm_IndexBegin(booPrepareForNext)
	if (booPrepareForNext = true) then
		lngTmTopicCounter = 1
	end if

strWrite2 = ""
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<html>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<head>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & Tm_InsertJavaScript(strForumURL & "default.asp")
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<title>" & strForumTitle & " Topics</title>" & vbNewLine
		strWrite = strWrite & "<meta http-equiv=""Refresh"" content=""5; URL=" & strForumURL & "default.asp"">" & vbNewLine
	end if
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<meta name=""copyright"" content=""Copyright © " & strCopyright & """>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<meta name=""author"" content=""" & strForumTitle & lngTmIndexCounter & """>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<meta name=""revisit-after"" content=""1 day"">" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<meta name=""robot"" content=""all"">" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "</head>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<body text=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "<table border=""0"" align=""center"" width=""100%"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""2"">" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "    <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><b>" & strForumTitle & " Topics</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "    <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """> </font></td>" & vbNewLine
End Sub

Sub Tm_IndexEnd(booPrepareForNext)
	Dim strFileName, strNextFileName

if (lngTmIndexCounter = 0) then 
		strFileName = "default.htm"
	else
		strFileName = "nextpage" & lngTmIndexCounter & ".htm"
	end if

if (booPrepareForNext = true) then
		strNextFileName = "nextpage" & (lngTmIndexCounter + 1) & ".htm"
        strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "    <td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><a href=""" & strNextFileName & """>Next Page..</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine
	end if

strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "</table>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "</body>" & vbNewLine
	strWrite2 = strWrite2 & "</html>" & vbNewLine

TopicFile = Server.MapPath (strTopicPath & strFileName) 
	WriteTopicFile.WriteLine(strWrite2)
	WriteTopicFile.Close

lngTmIndexCounter = lngTmIndexCounter + 1
End Sub

Function Tm_InsertJavaScript(strLink)
	Tm_InsertJavaScript = ""
	if (booTmJavascript = true) then 
		Tm_InsertJavaScript =  "" & _ 
				"<script language=""javascript"">              " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"<!--                                          " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var sRedirect = """ & strLink & """;          " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var sAgent = navigator.userAgent;             " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var oBC = new caps();                         " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var sThisURL = unescape(window.location.href);" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var sNewURL = sThisURL.substring(sThisURL.indexOf('?')+1, sThisURL.length);" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var NS = (oBC.bNav && oBC.iMajorVer >= 3)     " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"var MSIE = (oBC.bIE && oBC.iMajorVer >= 4)    " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"											   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"// redirect								   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"if (NS || MSIE) {							   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"	location.replace(sRedirect);               " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"}											   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"//build oBC object							   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"function caps(){							   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"  if (sAgent.indexOf('MSIE')!=-1)			   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"		this.iMajorVer = sAgent.charAt(sAgent.indexOf('MSIE')+5)" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"  else										   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"		this.iMajorVer = sAgent.charAt(8)	   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"	if (sAgent.indexOf('MSIE') !=-1)		   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"		this.bIE = true						   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"	else									   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"		if ((sAgent.indexOf('Mozilla')!=-1) && (sAgent.indexOf('compatible') == -1))" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"			this.bNav  = true				   " & vbNewLine & _ 
				"}" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"//-->" & vbNewLine & _ 
				"</script>" & vbNewLine 
	end if
End Function
%>
Go to Top of Page

Comicozzi2
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2004 :  23:35:02  Show Profile
I have installed the topic maker and having some problems. I installed per the instructions to a tee....

Here is the result I am giving when I run the topic maker:

Done processing topic number 1. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 2. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 3. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 4. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 5. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 6. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 7. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 8. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 9. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 10. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 11. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 12. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 13. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 14. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 15. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 16. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 17. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 18. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 19. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 20. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 21. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 22. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 23. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 24. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 25. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 26. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 27. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 28. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 29. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 30. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 31. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 32. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 33. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 34. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 35. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 36. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 37. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 38. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 39. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 40. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 41. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 42. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 43. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 44. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 45. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 46. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 47. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 48. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 49. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 50. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 51. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 52. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 53. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 54. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 55. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 56. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 57. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 58. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 59. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 60. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 61. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 62. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 63. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 64. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 65. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 66. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 67. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 68. - No such topic found.
Done processing topic number 69. - No such topic found.

Any reason why this would be happening? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07