Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 25 September 2002 :  23:16:34  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Bug in the 3.4 for the display I'm not sure about the admin problem. The admin page doesn't show what the current config is I just didn't build that into it I will fix that today. I'll post new files tomorrow for 3.4 once I'm sure the display is correct.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  00:00:35  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
I lied. New files up admin option displays current admin options also should now display the correct date using it for 3.4

wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  05:00:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by burthold

I lied. New files up admin option displays current admin options also should now display the correct date using it for 3.4

wes

The date is still not correct but I assume that I am going to have to delete it and "rebuild" it to get the correct display.

Going to add news produces

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/tsdac/forum/admin_newspost.asp, line 46

The include file 'inc_functions.asp' was not found.

There is no inc_functions.asp. Wasn't that broken up into the muliple inc_*.asp that now exist?

What do I need to change it to or do you need to make changes and upload a new version.

Thanks for the fixes.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  10:45:07  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Looks like you got the 3.3.x version of the addon.

edit--
DOH! I zipped up the wrong files. I will correct it asap.

edit--
new files up now for 3.4.x

Wes

Edited by - burthold on 26 September 2002 11:06:44
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  15:32:50  Show Profile
quote:
new files up now for 3.4.x

Wes

PERFECTO!

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  15:40:42  Show Profile
Sorry, spoke too fast. The main page still only shows the time, not the date. Date and Time are shown in the add news display.

I tried setting the number of pages to display and it will not take. It stays at 4.

I saw someone else mention this and I see what they mean. On a display such as this where there may be multiple entires or multiple settings, it should come back to add news. Or on the congrats screen, there should an option to go back to default and option to go back to add news. What is your thought on that.

Add news displays nicely.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  17:09:07  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Can you give me any information about your setup forum version db type etc. I am currently running it on version 3.4.03 with an access db for testing and it looks fine. Saves all the info and displays it back on the admin page. Anything you can tell me to help debug it would be great.

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  20:00:44  Show Profile
quote:

Can you give me any information about your setup forum version db type etc. I am currently running it on version 3.4.03 with an access db for testing and it looks fine. Saves all the info and displays it back on the admin page. Anything you can tell me to help debug it would be great.

Wes

Same here: Snitz v3.4.03, Access 2000.

Only the item numbers does not change. Everything else is now working on the add news page. On the main page, it is the same as before. The news item shows but only with a time not a date.

This was the first that I have been able to use it so I'm not sure what else to give you. You can look at the main page (default.asp) by going to http://www.troyadventist.org. This has your latest files installed.

Don't know what else to tell you or what it could be. Just plainly a date display problem. Do local setting have any effect upon what is displayed? Although, I suspect that mainly regulates the date format. And I am using all of the defaults.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  20:23:34  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
Check to see if the news_config table is in your database did you get any errors when you ran the DBS file?

I can't find your forums at all on your site If i type in default.asp I get cannot display error.

Edited by - burthold on 26 September 2002 20:24:47
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  23:07:27  Show Profile
quote:

Check to see if the news_config table is in your database did you get any errors when you ran the DBS file?

I can't find your forums at all on your site If i type in default.asp I get cannot display error.

Yes, it is all there, as I said in a previous message. I did not have any problems with the DBS file. I watch them very carefully. I have a SHOW_NEWS with a value of 1 and a NEWS_ITEMS with nothing in it.

I couldn't figure out why you can't see the forums. I know I checked the URL before I sent it. I looked at it again and reread your message and went DUH!. I didn't send you deep enough.

http://www.troyadventist.org/tsdac/forum/

Apologies. I can't think of anything else at this time to pass on to you. I like what is there so far!

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2002 :  23:10:26  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
can you send me the admin_newspost.asp file to my email account so I can check for diffrences between what I have running that works and what you have that doesn't?

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  08:42:36  Show Profile
quote:

can you send me the admin_newspost.asp file to my email account so I can check for diffrences between what I have running that works and what you have that doesn't?

Wes

Absolutely! However, how do I send it? Snitz does not allow someone to see the actual address and does not allow file attachments. Okay, I just went to your website and I'll send it to admin address listed. I'll try to register. A weird thing happens when sending me messages. Some messages make it through, but one from CareFree bounced saying that the host does not relay messages. Strange because others work and because we e-mail eachother using the same e-mail address on both ends and it works. Go figure! So I hope I can get through to you. I'll try. I'll send the e-mail with the file when I get home tonight. It was in a zip file I downloaded from the URL listed on page 1 of this topic.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2002 :  12:09:57  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
just bump me an email at burthold@yahoo.com

Wes
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2002 :  19:17:52  Show Profile
I just updated my second forum but found news from my first forum. Upon investigation, I found that you are using strMemberTablePrefix as the forum pointer.

May I suggest that you want to use the original strTablePrefix for a pointer to what table to use. Here is my reasoning.

When people are using multiple forums with one database they may or may not want a separate members table. However, the forum will always be a separate forum. I would suspect that admins may want separate forums to have a different news display. BUT they may, or may not, want a separate member registration for each forum. I don't think that strMemberTablePrefix is good to use for a table pointer. strTablePrefix points to the actual forum in use.

Probably the best way is a separate pointer, maybe named strNewsTablePrefix but I am concerned that we may end up with too many table pointers and upgrading will become more and more difficult. Very flexable, but difficult.

Just a suggestion. If someone has a reason why it should not change PLEASE post so I can be enlightened. There are many ways to do things (one of the reasons why I love Snitz, flexability) and I sure haven't thought of them all. Maybe I can do my 3 forums better if someone has a better configuration. I'm still learning!

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

burthold

USA
426 Posts

Posted - 28 September 2002 :  19:46:26  Show Profile  Visit burthold's Homepage
You are correct it is an error. I use strTablePrefix for all the rest of my mods. I cranked out the news mod in about an hour and just didn't catch the error.

Thanks,
Wes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07