New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2004 :  08:34:50  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck McB

ok, will get my IP-less tester to ...erm...test it...

Tested (finally) and working fine. Nice one :)
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2004 :  11:33:58  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
quote:

quote:

ok, will get my IP-less tester to ...erm...test it...

Tested (finally) and working fine. Nice one :)

cool

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
http://www.gpctexas.net/ipgate_v244.zip
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2004 :  08:44:42  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
/me back again :)

I'm having issues clearing bans on a couple of users.

I've added their IP address and username into the IP Admin page set to 'expire ban', but still they get redirected to the banned page.

If I delete the IP address and username from the IP Admin page and get the person to delete their cookies they can access the forum.

I'm running the latest version 2.2.6b
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2004 :  10:18:55  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
Ok, I'll check the code and see what's up.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2004 :  20:08:18  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
I think I found the expire cookie prob. A recent patch to fix ranges and single ip bans is the culprit. I will try to code a fix or recode the area causing the problem as quickly as I can.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 31 January 2004 :  23:06:49  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
here is a patch for ya Chuck,

http://www.gpctexas2.net/inc_ipgate.txt this is ver 2.2.7

It was possible with a couple of previous bug fixes that was applied to the script that the script would never revisit the area where the expire the cookie function was in. I moved it to the outside of the main banning script area. This now makes the expire cookie function non date dependent. When you try to expire a cookie form a users computer, make sure to set either thier ip address or username to expire. It will then take approximately 2-3 access attempts for the user to make to your site before script finally deletes the cookie. A couple of refreshes by the user should do the trick.

I updated the zip file as well located at http://www.gpctexas2.net/ipgate_v22.zip

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 01 February 2004 :  06:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
Thanks gpctexas.
I'm away to find a guinee pig I can try to ban etc :)
Go to Top of Page

drirene

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 17 February 2004 :  21:49:27  Show Profile  Visit drirene's Homepage
Thanks gang!

*Trubble* the Cat & Dr. Irene
http://drirene.com
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2004 :  13:09:30  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
gpctexas,

Have you succesfully managed to create the tables on a MySql database using the dbs file for a new install?

I have tried and get the following errors:

quote:

Dropping Table..
DROP TABLE FORUM_IPLIST
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Unknown table 'FORUM_IPLIST'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_IPLIST ( IPLIST_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , IPLIST_MEMBERID varchar(32) NULL DEFAULT 0, IPLIST_STARTIP varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_STARTDATE varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_ENDDATE varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_COMMENT varchar(255) NULL , IPLIST_STATUS varchar(8) NULL , IPLIST_DBPAGEKEY varchar(32) NULL ,KEY FORUM_IPLIST _IPLIST_ID(IPLIST_ID))
CREATE TABLE FORUM_IPLIST ( IPLIST_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , IPLIST_MEMBERID varchar(32) NULL DEFAULT 0, IPLIST_STARTIP varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_STARTDATE varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_ENDDATE varchar(32) NULL , IPLIST_COMMENT varchar(255) NULL , IPLIST_STATUS varchar(8) NULL , IPLIST_DBPAGEKEY varchar(32) NULL ,KEY FORUM_IPLIST _IPLIST_ID(IPLIST_ID))
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near '_IPLIST_ID(IPLIST_ID))' at line 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dropping Table..
DROP TABLE FORUM_PAGEKEYS
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Unknown table 'FORUM_PAGEKEYS'

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_PAGEKEYS ( PAGEKEYS_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , PAGEKEYS_PAGEKEY varchar(32) NULL ,KEY FORUM_PAGEKEYS _PAGEKEYS_ID(PAGEKEYS_ID))
CREATE TABLE FORUM_PAGEKEYS ( PAGEKEYS_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , PAGEKEYS_PAGEKEY varchar(32) NULL ,KEY FORUM_PAGEKEYS _PAGEKEYS_ID(PAGEKEYS_ID))
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near '_PAGEKEYS_ID(PAGEKEYS_ID))' at line 1

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_PAGEKEYS (PAGEKEYS_PAGEKEY) VALUES ('post.asp')
INSERT INTO FORUM_PAGEKEYS (PAGEKEYS_PAGEKEY) VALUES ('post.asp')
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Table 'venues_info.FORUM_PAGEKEYS' doesn't exist

Dropping Table..
DROP TABLE FORUM_IPLOG
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Unknown table 'FORUM_IPLOG'

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_IPLOG( IPLOG_ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , IPLOG_MEMBERID varchar(32) NULL DEFAULT 0, IPLOG_IP varchar(32) NULL , IPLOG_PATHINFO varchar(255) NULL , IPLOG_DATE varchar(32) NULL ,KEY FORUM_IPLOG_IPLOG_ID(IPLOG_ID))
Table created succesfully

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEBAN','1')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATELCK','0')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATECOK','0')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEMET','0')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEMSG','You are banned from these forums')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATELKMSG','Forums are currently locked')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATENOACMSG','You do not have access to the requested page')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEWARNMSG','Your or another persons activity is being logged')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEVER','Ver 2.2.7')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATELOG','1')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATETYP','0')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATEEXP','15')
INSERT INTO FORUM_CONFIG_NEW (C_VARIABLE,C_VALUE) VALUES ('STRIPGATECSS','0')

Value(s) updated succesfully

Regards,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2004 :  13:54:23  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
I havent been able to work on why the dbs files is causing errors on mysql. I have been having isp probs lately and taking care of some personal stuff that needs to be taken care of. When I get some free time, I will work on it more and work on the next release. In the meantime you can setup a temp forum using access and create the tables there, then use access dump and dump the tables that didnt get created into a mysql dump file. Use the MySql admin dstuff to import the dump files into mysql. It look like you need iplist table and pagekeys table still.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
Go to Top of Page

NorwegianViking

Denmark
119 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2004 :  06:23:53  Show Profile  Visit NorwegianViking's Homepage
There is a space to much in the code
,KEY FORUM_IPLIST _IPLIST_ID(IPLIST_ID))
should be
,KEY FORUM_IPLIST_IPLIST_ID(IPLIST_ID))

Same thing where the next error is.

kind regards
NorwegianViking

Mod installation for beginners | User registration problems?
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2004 :  06:24:25  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
Thanks gptexas,

I did as you suggested and it worked a treat

For anyone elses benefit, here is a copy of the query that I then used (this creates all tables required in MySql):

quote:
#
# Table structure for table 'FORUM_IPLIST'
#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `FORUM_IPLIST`;
CREATE TABLE `FORUM_IPLIST` (
`IPLIST_ID` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`IPLIST_MEMBERID` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLIST_STARTIP` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLIST_STARTDATE` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLIST_ENDDATE` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLIST_COMMENT` VARCHAR(255),
`IPLIST_STATUS` VARCHAR(8),
`IPLIST_DBPAGEKEY` VARCHAR(32),
PRIMARY KEY `PrimaryKey` (`IPLIST_ID`)
);

#
# Dumping data for table 'FORUM_IPLIST'
#

LOCK TABLES `FORUM_IPLIST` WRITE;
UNLOCK TABLES;

#
# Table structure for table 'FORUM_IPLOG'
#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `FORUM_IPLOG`;
CREATE TABLE `FORUM_IPLOG` (
`IPLOG_ID` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`IPLOG_MEMBERID` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLOG_IP` VARCHAR(32),
`IPLOG_PATHINFO` VARCHAR(255),
`IPLOG_DATE` VARCHAR(32),
PRIMARY KEY `PrimaryKey` (`IPLOG_ID`)
);

#
# Dumping data for table 'FORUM_IPLOG'
#

LOCK TABLES `FORUM_IPLOG` WRITE;
UNLOCK TABLES;

#
# Table structure for table 'FORUM_PAGEKEYS'
#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `FORUM_PAGEKEYS`;
CREATE TABLE `FORUM_PAGEKEYS` (
`PAGEKEYS_ID` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`PAGEKEYS_PAGEKEY` VARCHAR(32),
PRIMARY KEY `PrimaryKey` (`PAGEKEYS_ID`)
);

#
# Dumping data for table 'FORUM_PAGEKEYS'
#

LOCK TABLES `FORUM_PAGEKEYS` WRITE;
UNLOCK TABLES;

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Webbo
Average Member

United Kingdom
982 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2004 :  06:48:41  Show Profile  Visit Webbo's Homepage
Quick question, how does an admin determine the true IP of a user in order to enter their IP into the block?
Take my IP for example, I use Ntl Broadband which is a large ISP in the UK and routes all their customers through proxies.
I checked the logs and it shows my IP as 62.252.224.10 . This is not my true IP but that of the ISP's proxy
Taking it one step further I did a search on last used IP's and found ten other members who were also using this IP address, all in the same locality.

If I was to ban an IP using a proxy as above, would it not then affect everyone using that ISP in that locality who were directed through that proxy?
Looking into the functions it is possible to ban by cookie as a first line of defence for a proxy user but if that user then deletes their cookies and re-registers, they could then continue to gain access unless that user's IP was also blocked but would this not also affect other users in this case

The quick question is how could you determine the true IP of a user in order to enter it into the IP block?

Thanks,

Dave

Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2004 :  16:18:42  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
yes it would flag everyone using that proxy and place a cookie on each of those machines. The cookie then would stay on each computer till it expires.

IPgate goes check the FORWARDED_FOR variable but some proxy servers return unknown instead of an ip. Ipgate also checks for the unknown condition and uses the proxy server ip.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3

Edited by - gpctexas on 24 February 2004 16:31:49
Go to Top of Page

FuglyDragon
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2004 :  18:54:35  Show Profile  Send FuglyDragon an AOL message
Have just installed v 2.2.6 from post on 31st jan.

All seems to have installed ok, but im not getting anything showing up in the IPlog with log all users on.

And its nont banning members whose IP is entered, althouh they are showing up in the table

im using snitz 3.4 (server hacker variant) with SQLServer.

Any ideas ?

Edited by - FuglyDragon on 28 February 2004 22:01:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07