Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2003 :  14:52:35  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
Just a note: I've been in the process of migrating my website from a Windows server to Linux servers. I've been busy with development of other parts of the website and haven't had much of a chance to reinstall Snitz yet so I haven't been able to work on this MOD. Hopefully I'll be able to do this at some point, but not sure when.

I noticed it looks like there are already some changes posted. If someone beats me to updating this MOD and can send me a copy with a notation of changes, these changes can be included in any new versions posted here. Otherwise, I'll be going through these posts when I get a chance to make the necessary bug fixes.

Edited by - alex042 on 04 April 2003 14:57:22
Go to Top of Page

TERM

82 Posts

Posted - 11 April 2003 :  23:55:34  Show Profile
This ban mod does not work.
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 12 April 2003 :  06:00:44  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
Parts of it work well, the major part that doesn't is the range banning (ie. banning 194.46.*.*)
Go to Top of Page

TERM

82 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2003 :  21:07:44  Show Profile
I had a user who was banned who came back onto my board using the same name and IP that I banned in this mod. Any idea how?
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 16 April 2003 :  03:28:30  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
multiple possibilities:
- you didn't have 'Banning' enabled
- the ban 'End Date' was the same as the 'Start date' (the mod defaults to that if you don't change it)
- the IP/Name was entered wrong
Go to Top of Page

Vidar13

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  17:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Vidar13's Homepage
It took a lot of tweaking to get both the config.asp and inc_header.asp modifications to properly work. At first, I wasn't getting any error message, but the admin_ipgate.asp wouldn't remember any setting changes and even worse, it wasn't pulling it's values from the database that had been set with values such as banning=on.

Now, with some severe tweaking.. everything is working fine.. including the logging.. WITH the major exception of banning! It doesn't seem to stop the people who are banned. I even logged them as they were visiting one page after another and they were clearly in the log list.

The only entry I filled out was the ip address, start and end date (made the end date a couple years off). Are there other required entries to make the banning work.

Edited by - Vidar13 on 22 April 2003 17:57:49
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  18:12:57  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
did you add inc_ipgate.asp to the inc_header.asp file? That worked for one of my sites. Works wonderfully on access db, I can't get it to work on SQL db though, would like to. I got bunch of dorks abusing my site.

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

Vidar13

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  18:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Vidar13's Homepage
Yes, and to verify that it wasn't being overstepped in some code routine, I verified it by faking the include name and the browser complained about it.. so I know it's pulling the inc_ipgate.asp file.

Something is seriously not right with this mod though. The other issue is that when I go from "logging all" back to logging with All IP's unselected, it bombs the db and I get

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/flite/inc_ipgate.asp, line 116

I'm using this on a Access 2000 db.

The test forum where it's currently failing is at http://www.nitrorc.com/flite

Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2003 :  19:56:30  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
I had to do a lot of fixing to make mine work.

had to follow and make sure every problem in this topic (All 8 pages) had all the fixes applied.

Link to mine that works http://www.gpctexas.net/inc_ipgate.txt

rename txt to asp

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3
http://www.gpctexas.net/ipgate_v244.zip

Edited by - gpctexas on 22 April 2003 19:57:31
Go to Top of Page

Chuck McB

WooYay
196 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  10:18:12  Show Profile  Visit Chuck McB's Homepage  Send Chuck McB an ICQ Message
gpctexas, I see you have disabled banning ranges. Did you have a look at getting it working?
Go to Top of Page

Vidar13

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  11:54:38  Show Profile  Visit Vidar13's Homepage
Well, that fixed everything!

Alex042, you should really find a home for the newest fixed code. If you don't have a home for it, email me and I'll make one for you. This is a sweet mod, but the fact that you have to grab it and the fix from two different places is a bad thing for the majority of people that could greatly benefit from this mod.

Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  12:09:37  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message
or someone could just package them up and upload it at www.snitzbitz.com in the IP Gate mod section nd say it's an update with all the fixes?
WWS

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  15:16:10  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
StrSql = StrSql & " OR '" & userhost & "' = IPLIST_STARTIP" 'find matching hosts
'StrSql = StrSql & " OR '" & userip & "' NOT LIKE '%" & IPLIST_STARTIP & "%'" 'find matching ranges
StrSql = StrSql & " OR '" & strDBNTUserName & "' = IPLIST_MEMBERID" 'find matching members

are you talking about the remarked line in this area, I don't think I ever did that, but I did just unremarked it and appears everything still works, I have no way of checking ranges atm. I would literally block myself. The file link above was updated to reflect this change.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3

Edited by - gpctexas on 23 April 2003 15:33:34
Go to Top of Page

Vidar13

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  17:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Vidar13's Homepage
Funny bug I don't know if anyone else has figured out (didn't see it anywhere in the 8 pages of this article). If you ban someone and allow cookies, even if you unban that person, the cookie is evidently still flagging the mod to track them. Only after I cleared cookies on those effected computers did it stop logging their IP's. Anyone else have this problem?

Go to Top of Page

gpctexas

320 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  18:38:19  Show Profile  Visit gpctexas's Homepage
I think I set a cookie ban on a guy just to test a ban and then had him test accessing the site. While baned he got his baned message. After I removed his ban, he was able to go back in immediately. I'll test that idea too.

ipgate 2.4.4 RC3

Edited by - gpctexas on 23 April 2003 18:40:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07