Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2002 :  12:25:44  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
Set up a gate to your site with IPGate by locking out known troublemakers and letting in legitimate guests and/or members. You can even make them sign in at the gate or allow special admittance to the priviledged few.

IPGate Features:

IP Banning
- IP Banning On/Off
- Unlimited IP's
- Ban specific IP's, range of IP's or member
- Put a watch on specific IP's, range of IP's or member
- Allow special access to specific IP's, range of IP's, or member*
- PageKey's lock specific pages for specific IP's, range of IP's or member
- Allows for temporary IP bans, watches, or access
- LOCKDOWN pages for website maintenance
- Sets & Checks for banned & watched IP cookies
- Allows for 1 Liner message alerts or page redirects
- Admin ban prevention

IP Logging
- IP Logging On/Off
- Log All IP's w/ timestamp & member_id (if applicable) or logs only those in the IP database including those who may have changed IP's, but maintain cookies previously set
- Log expiration time frame allows easy log maintenance
- Easy IP adding through logs

*This is a BETA version. Some features haven't been fully tested or implemented in this version. The plan is to have all listed features included by v0.9.0 BETA.

Version History:
v0.5.0 BETA 08/27/02 Initial Release
v0.5.1 BETA 08/27/02 Bug Fixes - main menu config, application variables
v0.5.2 BETA 08/28/02 Bug Fixes - database setup
v0.6.0 BETA 08/31/02 Added cookies, redirect option; Bug Fixes - logging
v0.7.0 BETA 09/11/02 Added log expiration, enhanced ip capture, enhanced help, better Snitz look and feel; Bug Fixes - confirmation notices
v0.7.1 BETA 09/19/02 Bug Fixes - set recordset closes, removed duplicate add
v0.8.0 BETA 10/22/02 Added IP range ban & host ban, Added member logging & banning, Added start/end dates, Added cookie logging, Added basic admin ban prevention, Bug Fixes - removed record deletion asterick, removed include title, changed table theme tags, removed unused fields
v0.8.5 BETA 05/03/02 gpctexas update
v0.8.7 BETA 05/21/03 Bug Fixes

Edited by - alex042 on 22 May 2003 06:58:38

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2002 :  18:51:24  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Thanks for the MOD alex042!

I have some other Ban IP MODs installed. Will your MOD conflict with any other Ban-oriented MODs that you know of here at Snitz?

Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2002 :  19:11:44  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Will your MOD conflict with any other Ban-oriented MODs that you know of here at Snitz?

If you mean Davio's version, it shouldn't conflict with it but if you have problems let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2002 :  23:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Yes, Davio's and Dayve has one too I am pretty sure.

Thanks for the response.

Etymon
Go to Top of Page

vasanthm
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  02:53:58  Show Profile
Some how the mod does nto work.. everything is installed ok.. and i have included it in the header and set the opeion to ip loging.. but nothing is loged.. and when ever i visit the admin mod page the values are set to the default.. the values i set are not there.. is this the reason.. please help...
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  08:36:59  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
i have included it in the header and set the opeion to ip loging.. but nothing is loged.. and when ever i visit the admin mod page the values are set to the default.. the values i set are not there..

Which version did you install? There was a bug in the initial release that wouldn't save user defined settings, but that should've been fixed in the later versions. Did you make the changes in the config.asp file noted in the readme and then click on 'check installation' on forum admin page? That should've loaded the settings. Verify that the additions to the config.asp were put in the correct locations and if you have access to the database, verify that 2 tables were added and 4 variables were added to config_new. The config.asp variables should be placed at the end of where similar variables are located. (i.e. dim with the dims, and apps with the apps)

As for logging, that hasn't been fully implemented yet, but you'll need to make sure the logging stays turned on before it will work anyway. You should still be able to use banning in the latest version regardless if logging is functioning or not. If that doesn't work, let me know.

Edited by - alex042 on 29 August 2002 08:40:32
Go to Top of Page

vasanthm
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  13:43:15  Show Profile
works fine after some modification.. the table name IPLOG_PAGE was creating problems.. removed all reference and replace it by referer...

But then the logging works fine now....
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  14:30:58  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
the table name IPLOG_PAGE was creating problems.. removed all reference and replace it by referer...

Good. That makes sense. I was in the middle of changing page to referer, but didn't quite finish it for that release.

Have you tried the banning options also?

Edited by - alex042 on 29 August 2002 14:38:17
Go to Top of Page

vasanthm
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  23:51:45  Show Profile
The mod works greta now after the page modification.. I have included the file in the header.. so every page visit is being loged...

I have not yet tried banning.. since i cannot use it on the main site.. To test it i have to ban myelf.. and if it works there is no way i can get in to the admin page to change it back..(Execpt i have to download the database correct it and upload it back)... So i am planing to test it today on my local machine....

I am also planing to add a feature where in case registerd users login.. along with the IP it shows their username... It would be great if you can make the page option work....

It would also be great in case u can make a new table and store the users Broser, OS tpes etc etc.. and display it in a stastic form.. and also a counter would be nice.. The ID now displayed cannot be used since the same user might be visiting many pages on the site...

It is truly a great Mod....

So thats it...
Bye
Go to Top of Page

vasanthm
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  00:07:13  Show Profile
And one more thing.. some how this mod when added to the header make the forum a bit slow.. I think this is due to the fac that every time a page is visited.. A database connection has to be made, data written etc etc.. I think some other faster way has to be devised....

bye
Vasanthm
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  00:25:03  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
I am also planing to add a feature where in case registerd users login.. along with the IP it shows their username...

This is something I had considered adding also.

quote:
It would also be great in case u can make a new table and store the users Broser, OS tpes etc etc.. and display it in a stastic form.. and also a counter would be nice..

There are already some well written scripts that do this so I wasn't planning on including this in this MOD. You might check out statcountex from http://www.2enetworx.com .

quote:
some how this mod when added to the header make the forum a bit slow..

Do you have the timer activated on your forums and some examples of time differences between prior to and after installation?

Go to Top of Page

vasanthm
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  02:55:55  Show Profile
Well no much difference now after i changed the connection string to Access 2000 driver... I wa using the old Access 97 driver...

Go to Top of Page

cyclingdude

68 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  12:30:22  Show Profile
I've been plagued by a user bent on destroying my forum. I'd love to run this mod, but it's the first one I've ever tried to install and I'm having a lot of trouble. I'm running the latest Snitz forum 3.4.01..

This is where I'm at:

1) I copied all the .asp files and .mdb file to my forum directory.

2) I ran the MOD setup, selected the IPGate Mod, and that worked fine.

3) I added those DIMs and variables to my config.asp - No problem.

4) Check Installation runs just fine.

5) I'm not sure what it means to "verify code variables where noted" - What exactly should I be doing here?

6) How do I configure admin_mod_ipgate.asp? I tried uncommenting some lines - it never runs. I need some more details on exactly what I should be changing. For your info, I'm running on a Brinkster server and have the files in the /webroot/forum directory.

7) Once this thing gets configured, I can handle putting the include for "inc_mod_ipfate.asp" in my inc_header.asp file. Also, I already added the link to my Admin page.

As you can see, I can handle a lot of this - but I'm probably completely lost setting up the admin mod properly. I would really appreciate some help getting this up and running.

Thanks guys. Sorry to be asking for help with my first post but I'm a newbie here.

Cyclingdude

Edited by - cyclingdude on 31 August 2002 16:36:38
Go to Top of Page

alex042
Average Member

USA
631 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  13:25:52  Show Profile  Send alex042 an AOL message  Send alex042 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
5) I'm not sure what it means to "verify code variables where noted"- What exactly should I be doing here?

At the top of the admin page code, you should see something similar to the following:

'----------- Uncomment below for Snitz 3.4 -----------
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE file="inc_header.asp" -->
< % If Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") = "15916941253" Then % >

'add at bottom
<!--#INCLUDE file="inc_footer.asp" -->

That is the section you will want to verify to make sure the includes are there. I've changed this slightly just guessing how yours might be setup.

quote:
6) How do I configure admin_mod_ipgate.asp? Could someone e-mail me a configured copy? I tried uncommenting some lines - it never runs. I need some more details on exactly what I should be changing. For your info, I'm running on a Brinkster server and have the files in the /webroot/forum directory.

The defaults should be set to banning = on, logging = off. On the admin page, you'd just add any IP's you want banned from there. If you don't know the IP's, you may have to turn logging on for a while until you find the IP.

I'm not sure exactly how Brinkster's servers are setup, but if you have further problems, post a specific error and It may be easier to figure out what's going on with it.

Edited by - alex042 on 01 September 2002 13:20:08
Go to Top of Page

cyclingdude

68 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  14:02:53  Show Profile
OK,

The only change I made to the admin page code was to copy and paste what you just posted. Now when I tried to run admin_mod_ipdate.asp I get a HTTP 500 error:

The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

In other words, this is the exact code as I currently have it in my admin_mod file:

%>

'add at bottom

'---- Uncomment below for standalone application -----
'strTablePrefix="FORUM_"
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("ipdb.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path

'MODIPGATELOG=0
'MODIPGATEEXP=30
'MODIPGATEBAN=1
'MODIPGATEMSG="You are not allowed access to the page requested."
MODIPGATELCK="Website closed for maintenance. Try back later."

'StrHeadCellColor = "336699"
'strCategoryCellColor = "0099cc"
'strCategoryFontColor = "white"
'StrForumCellColor= "lightsteelblue"
'strDefaultFontFace = "verdana"
'strDefaultFontSize = "2"
'strDefaultFontColor = "336699"
'StrForumCellColor = "whitesmoke"
'StrAltForumCellColor = "gainsboro"

'------------ DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE ------------
'userq=request.form("userq")
userd=request.querystring("userd")
userip=request.servervariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
userhost=request.servervariables("REMOTE_HOST")

Is this correct?
Go to Top of Page

cyclingdude

68 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  14:27:06  Show Profile

Is there a problem with this line?

Shouldn't the "< %" be without a space?
<% If Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") = "15916941253" Then %>

I tried that, but it still doesn't work...

But interestingly, when I remove that IF line and drop in a "<%"

%>

<%

'---- Uncomment below for standalone application -----
'strTablePrefix="FORUM_"
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("ipdb.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path

'MODIPGATELOG=0
'MODIPGATEEXP=30
'MODIPGATEBAN=1
'MODIPGATEMSG="You are not allowed access to the page requested."
MODIPGATELCK="Website closed for maintenance. Try back later."

This actually seems to work. I can IPs to the table. However, when I tried log administration, I get this error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/forum/admin_mod_ipgate.asp, line 294

What do you think?

I did get it to run, but I had to delete a line of your code and add in a "<%"... this can't be right.

Thanks!

Edited by - cyclingdude on 31 August 2002 16:34:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07