V3.4.01 - Setup 3rd Forum
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  15:41:45  Show Profile
I really hesitate to post this report because I seem to be thinking things are a bug but they are not. You must be getting tired of my "false" reports. I hope this is not another false report. If it is, I will not post bug report again, promise.

Per your instructions to me in another message (TOPIC_ID=33080), you said that when new forums are set up using one database for multiple forums, that both of the prefixes, strTablePrefix and strMemberTablePrefix, must be set to the same name DURING SETUP ONLY. I am working on setting up the 3rd and final forum today. My config file has in it

'##### Changes made to accomadate multiple forums using one database
strTablePrefix = "FORUM3_"
'strTablePrefix = "FORUMx_"
'# FOR SETUP ONLY
strMemberTablePrefix = "FORUM3_"
'strMemberTablePrefix = "FORUM_"

Both parameters point to FORUM3_. (BTW, FORUM_ and FORUM1_ are both up and running. They also went through setup from 3.4 to 3.4.01 in the same way that I am doing here.)

I ran setup and received the following error

Error: -2147217900 The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name: 'F_STATUS'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.
strSql: INSERT INTO FORUM3_FORUM(CAT_ID, F_STATUS, F_MAIL, F_SUBJECT, F_URL, F_DESCRIPTION, F_TOPICS, F_COUNT, F_LAST_POST, F_PASSWORD_NEW, F_PRIVATEFORUMS, F_TYPE, F_IP, F_LAST_POST_AUTHOR, F_LAST_POST_TOPIC_ID, F_LAST_POST_REPLY_ID) VALUES(1, 1, 0, 'Testing Forums', '', 'This forum gives you a chance to become more familiar with how this product responds to different features and keeps testing in one place instead of posting tests all over. Happy Posting! ', 1, 1, '20020824151122', '', 0, 0, '000.000.000.000', 1, 1, 0)

The Installation has NOT been completed !

There were 1 Critical Errors...

Click here to retry....

I did click on retry to see what would happen and I received the following

The Forum Tables have already been installed.

Click here to goto the Forum

Okay, seems liked it worked after all. So I clicked on goto the forum and got the following error

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/alumni/forum/default.asp, line 237

Okay, it is not working.

You can delete my account here if this is a false report so I can only read and not post. But PLEASE let me know what to do.

My sincere apologies for being a pain.

Thanks.

Mike

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  16:08:10  Show Profile
You aren't being a pain

Are you using an Access Database? If so, did you copy the tables in the database already? The setup script for the Access Database does not actually created the Database tables (EXCEPT for the CONFIG_NEW table), it just inserts the data into tables that are already there. So, you just need to copy all of the tables so that there are 3 of each of them.

If you have already done this, double check the FORUM3_FORUM table and make sure that there is a F_STATUS field in there.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  17:18:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

You aren't being a pain

If you have already done this, double check the FORUM3_FORUM table and make sure that there is a F_STATUS field in there.

Yes, it is Access 2000. I did the FORUM2_ and FORUM3_ right away as I knew I wanted to have that many forums max. So it was done before FORUM_ was even set up on the web site.

Looking in the database table FORUM3_FORUM there is no field starting with an F_, only T_. The third field is T_STATUS.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  17:32:19  Show Profile
there should not be any fields in the FORUM table that starts with T_, did you maybe copy a TOPICS table as a FORUM table?
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  17:49:26  Show Profile
Looks like that was it!!

Saved me again. Thanks, Richard.

I'll stay off posting for a while so you can get REAL work done!

Thanks ever so much.

Mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07