V3.4.01 - Forum Edit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  14:45:19  Show Profile
I've tried this more than once on two forums and get the same results. I did the edit more than once, always changing it back to what it should be. I don't think it is a caching problem but I guess that is possible.

I enter and see in the main forum area (BTW it is always correct in its display of the subject and message)

This area is for a discussion of the Sabbath School Lesson for September 6, 2002 titled Meanwhile ... Back In The North.

When I edit the forum I get in the message area

This area is for a discussion of the Sabbath School Lesson for September 6, 2002 titled

Sometimes both are cut short, sometimes the subject line, and sometimes the message line but never are both correct. Either code makes the edit forum display differently or it is cache. I did this exercise about 3 times on each forum to verify the results. Always the same.

Mike

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  20:34:57  Show Profile
you were trying to use:

This area is for a discussion of the Sabbath School Lesson for September 6, 2002 titled Meanwhile ... Back In The North.

as the subject? Looks a little longer than 50 characters.
Go to Top of Page

MichaelA

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2002 :  22:11:38  Show Profile
Huwr deleted my follow-up post in which I explain that I am sure it is a cache problem. I went to do a reorder of the categories and forums and the popup window had less than was showing me in the forum window underneath. If I do a refresh on that window the right amount of items show. But I cannot do that and have it work with all of the displays.

In that deleted message I also asked the question how do I resolve the issue that have to wait for 3 or 4 minutes for the cache to change so I see the proper results? Is that something my host has to do? Are there more than one asp file running (spawned off by another asp file) that causes the timing to be behind?

I guess I'm going to have to slow down in my working with the forum in admin mode. I love the software so much I'm rushing to get it ready so I can start getting traffic to my site!

BTW, that was the message text that I was refering to. But it was happening to the smaller subject line as well. It was changing back and forth. But I'm sure it is the cache as it worked after several minutes went by. Really weird when it is happening. I hope to get the caching problem resolved and some network (router) issues between me and the web site.

Thanks.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  00:24:06  Show Profile
you host would be the one to talk to if you think it is a cacheing issue.

moving to: DEV Discussions (General) for now..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07