Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Better Search Engine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

webbee

100 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  08:11:51  Show Profile  Visit webbee's Homepage  Send webbee an AOL message  Send webbee a Yahoo! Message
At one point there was a search engine mod that was being used here. I can't seem to find it or even a post about it. Can someone point me to it.
Thank you

garnold@teamfatbastard.net

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  08:27:05  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
AFAIK, Huw wrote this search only for this site.

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

webbee

100 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  08:35:09  Show Profile  Visit webbee's Homepage  Send webbee an AOL message  Send webbee a Yahoo! Message
So I guess your saying I'm out of luck? That's to bad since it was a real nice mod.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  08:57:10  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
It was a server side applicatiion so would only be useable by someone with their own server.

However the search in 3.4 is much better than before, so does not suffer from the same time out problems it used to, so there is no need for the other search engine any more.
Go to Top of Page

webbee

100 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  09:09:37  Show Profile  Visit webbee's Homepage  Send webbee an AOL message  Send webbee a Yahoo! Message
I would be placing this mod on my own server so that's ok. I don't plan to upgrade yet because I would have to re-install all the mods I have included and that would just take to much time. Plus, I would think that not all the mods that I like to use are compatible with the new version. Am I right in thinking this our is there a better way? Thanks

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  09:50:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
the best way would be to wait and upgrade to 3.4 there are far too many benefis not too.
Go to Top of Page

webbee

100 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  09:55:43  Show Profile  Visit webbee's Homepage  Send webbee an AOL message  Send webbee a Yahoo! Message
Ok I'll go with that. Am I correct that I would have to install all the mods again and wait for each mod to be updated for the new version? That being the case I guess the best thing to do would be to delete all the files in the forums directory and install the new version in that directory. Then update the old database. Is this correct? Thank you for the help, I'll move this to another forum focused on upgrading for this point on.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  10:27:28  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
yes, that is what I would recommend.

first upload all the Snitz 3.4 code and run setup.asp to update your core database.
then re-install all the updated mods when they get released, most will not require db changes unless they have added functionality. But the instructions will need to be followed exactly, as installation is slightly more difficult in the 3.4 code, especially with multiple mods installed
Go to Top of Page

webbee

100 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  10:32:34  Show Profile  Visit webbee's Homepage  Send webbee an AOL message  Send webbee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks as always for your help!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07