New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  04:44:10  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Advanced Color Picker for 3.4
Modified by @tomic

3 files total:

admin_config_colors.asp
icon_color.gif
pop_color.asp

Place these files in your forum directory.
No set-up should be necessary. Once these files are in place log into the admin area of your site and you can select colors by clicking on the desired color and the current color in the database is shown to the right to help in those crucial color decisions.

Download Link:
http://www.skepticfriends.org/download/AdvancedColorPicker.zip

SportsBettingAcumen.com

Edited by - @tomic on 21 August 2002 05:00:41

Azaniah

United Kingdom
1004 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  07:09:00  Show Profile  Visit Azaniah's Homepage
Coupla things,

Might want to use the getCurrentIcon function for the icon_color.gif calls.

Any chance you can make the test color dynamic?

Eagles fly!, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:30:21  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
getCurrentIcon functionality has been added to this with instructions for editing the inc_icon.asp file.

I will look into making it dynamic but there are a few considerations like starting over etc if you want to go back to how it was. Personally, I am not sure it should be dynamic but if anyone has ideas on how it should work i can probably do the code.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
since your server is down, could you explain to me what your test color is?

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:39:31  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Who's server is down? Not mine I just went there. In fact it refreshes every few minutes. And there is no "test" color. Never was. The colors shown on the right are the current colors loaded into the application variables.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:56:23  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
If you ever used my advanced color mod, it used s little javascript to update the color spamle.

You can use that js if you want to.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  16:57:39  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Also, the instructions for inc_icon.asp arn't there yet.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  17:13:34  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Thanks. I have too many versions of this on my desktop! Time to clean up. inc_icon.asp instructions are there now.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

pweighill

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  17:15:03  Show Profile
I remember making that for v3.2a06 a long time ago.

I copied the layout of the colours shown in pop_color.asp from Visual Interdev.

Mabye you could convert pop_color into Response.Writes to keep it in common with the rest of the v3.4 code.
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
I was considering that but is there really a need since there is no performance gain? If more of you think it's the best way to do it I will. It's not that much work.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  18:34:35  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
This is a great MOD idea! Nice one.
I saw the screen shot there and wondered if it would be good to adapt the MOD so that in the empty areas next to options without a color, perhaps there could be a letter (maybe 'A') which has the appropriate text effect applied?

e.g. the top 3 boxes there might show:

A
A
A

and one next to the text-decoration selector (set to underline) might show:

A

seems like a good use of the spare spaces.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  18:43:19  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
Hmmmmmmmmm, that would be cool. It might be nice to do this for the font sizes as well. How would anyone suggest doing this? You would want the text decoration to decorate your actual font selection and with the actual colors which makes it harder. An easy way would just be to have a few images to replace but you couldn't have the text decoration show the font/color etc.

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

pweighill

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  19:18:49  Show Profile
Has anyone ever done a Theme mod where you could store and use different colour/font themes?
With options to import/export them from/to text files?
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  19:28:14  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
That is how this color picker works in my 3.1R4 forum. At the top is a theme import. It was an add-on to this original MOD and is currently in use on my site.
I plan on adding this to the color picker for 3.4 as well. I just need a bit more time to get that ready.

But here is the code if anyone wants a go.

<form method="post" action="admin_colour_templates.asp" name="formUseTemplate">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpBorderColor %>">
<table border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4" width="436">
<tr valign="top">
<td bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" colspan="2"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>"><b>Color
Templates</b></font></td>
</tr>
<tr align="center" valign="top">
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>" align="right" valign="middle" width="50%" nowrap>
<font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>"><b>Template:</b></font>
</td>
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>" width="50%" nowrap>
<div align="center"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">
<select name="select">

<!-- BEGIN COLORMOD TEMPLATE -->
<%
' Load the listbox with the available templates
'Select the existing entries
On Error Resume Next
strSql = "SELECT " & strTablePrefix & "COLOURS.C_TEMPLATE "
strSql = strSql & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "COLOURS ORDER BY C_TEMPLATE"
set rs = my_Conn.execute (strSql)

do until rs.EOF
'Response.Write " <option value=""" & rs("C_TEMPLATE") & """>" & rs("C_TEMPLATE") & "</option>" & vbCrLf
Response.Write " <option value=""" & trim(rs("C_TEMPLATE")) & """"

if LCase(rs("C_TEMPLATE")) = LCase(strCurrentTemplate) then Response.Write " selected "

Response.Write ">" & rs("C_TEMPLATE") & "</option>" & vbCrLf
rs.movenext
loop
rs.Close
%>
<!-- END COLORMOD TEMPLATE -->

</select>
</font> <input type="submit" name="Submit" value=" Use "></div>
<input type="hidden" name="template" value="Write">

</td></form>
</tr>
<tr align="center" valign="top"><form method="post" action="admin_colour_templates.asp" name="formSaveTemplate">
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>" align="right" valign="middle"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">
<b>Save As...</b>
</font></td>
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">
<input type="text" name="newtemplate" value="(Type Name)" size="13">
<input type="hidden" name="template" value="Save">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value=" Save ">
</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>" valign="middle" nowrap><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">
<b>Import/Export Themes:</b>
</font></td>
<td bgcolor="<% =strPopUpTableColor %>" align="center">
<a href="admin_color_impexp.asp"><b><font face="Arial">Import/Export</font></b></a>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
<!-- Replace your existing form in admin_config_colors.asp with this form -->
<!-- Each row with a color definition contains an additional column that dislays -->
<!-- in the currently selected color upon page entry -->

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  21:36:41  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic

Hmmmmmmmmm, that would be cool. It might be nice to do this for the font sizes as well. How would anyone suggest doing this? You would want the text decoration to decorate your actual font selection and with the actual colors which makes it harder. An easy way would just be to have a few images to replace but you couldn't have the text decoration show the font/color etc.

@tomic

I've been hacking away at my own code in response to this idea and come up with this idea:

my footer font size drop down box code looks like this:

" <tr valign=""middle"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <td class=""bgpopuptablecolor"" align=""right""><span class=""defaultfacedefaultsize""><strong>Footer Font Size:</strong> </span></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td class=""bgpopuptablecolor"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <select name=""strFooterFontSize"" onchange=""footerfont1.style.fontSize = (strFooterFontSize.value + 'pt');"">" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""8""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,8) & ">8 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""10""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,10) & ">10 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""12""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,12) & ">12 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""14""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,14) & ">14 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""18""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,18) & ">18 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""24""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,24) & ">24 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" <option value=""36""" & chkSelect(strFooterFontSize,36) & ">36 pt</option>" & vbNewLine & _
" </select>" & vbNewLine & _
" <a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_config_help.asp?mode=colors#fontsize')"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconSmileQuestion,"","") & "</a></td>" & vbNewLine & _
" <td class=""bgpopuptablecolor"" align=""center""> <span id=""footerfont1"" style=""font-size:" & strFooterFontSize & "pt;"">Aa</span> </td>" & vbNewLine & _
" </tr>" & vbNewLine & _

When I select another font size in the drop down box, it automatically applies the change to the 'Aa' text in the new cell.

NB. I found this page useful:

http://jeff.sci.shu.ac.uk/Refdocs/AllaireHtml/Scripting_Reference/styleo.htm

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"

Edited by - D3mon on 21 August 2002 21:38:49
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 21 August 2002 :  21:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by pweighill

Has anyone ever done a Theme mod where you could store and use different colour/font themes?
With options to import/export them from/to text files?

There is a "My Personalization" MOD out there. I'm not sure to what extent you can import/export options though.

Isn't this MOD at the Snitz Exchange?

Etymon

Edited by - Etymon on 21 August 2002 21:46:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07