Mod Request: Registration approval - 3.4
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  05:38:44  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
I like the new tighter feature of the registration. However it would be nice to be able to send and email to the person to confirm who they are and if you want to allow access.

Edited by - ruirib on 20 August 2002 09:34:32

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  05:41:28  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
That is possible. Just go to Admin Options, Email Server Configuration and turn the Email Validation feature On.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  09:30:57  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
I have theat all turned on. It shows me the awaiting registrations. However I would like to be able to click on there email address from there so that I could ask them a few questions. This way I am not adding people and then asking them who they are and if they are a member of our organization.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  09:33:38  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Ok, that looks like a mod request. I'm moving this to the MOD (W/O) code forum then.

Go to Top of Page

joatham

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  10:09:24  Show Profile  Visit joatham's Homepage
I've made a simple change to line #353 of admin_accounts_pending.asp to add the mailto: anchor around the MP_MemberEmail variable. This makes it clickable, but if the registrant has already activated his account via the link sent to him, it would be too late to stop him.

Could adding the mailto link be a part of the 3.4.01 release perhaps?

I agree with ruirib though, it is a mod isn't it? It sounds like bobbart wants to stop new registrations until admin has authorised them, whereas the email verification in Snitz 3.4 is simply to confirm the email account of the person who registered. (As I see it, I maybe wrong as I've only been playing with this version for an hour or 2 and I'm finding out new things all the time!)
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  10:40:00  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
I dont know that it would be a mod. I think it would be simple to get the email address of the person in the waiting approval page to be a link. That way you can contact them with out haveing to copy and past the address to an email and send it via another address. I hope you understand what I mean.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  10:52:29  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Yes, but what would you do if he validated his request before answering you? Have you thought about it?
Right now emailing the user simply means selecting the email address, copying and pasting it in your email sending app and that would be it. Adding this small modification you propose seems simple enough...

Go to Top of Page

joatham

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2002 :  11:03:01  Show Profile  Visit joatham's Homepage
That's what I was trying to explain, if you don't catch the email before the user has verified, then they are active and can post and won't be in the Pending Members screen anymore. Changing this behaviour would involve an "Authorise New Members" mod, which I seem to remember someone did for previous versions.

If you want the clickable email link, change line #353 in admin_accounts_pending.asp by adding the bits highlighted in red:-

(note I have wrapped this line of code as it messes up the display of the other messages, it should all be on a single line in the file!)

"                <td bgcolor=""" & CColor & """ align=""center"">
<font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize
& """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>"
& "<a href=""mailto:" & MP_MemberEmail & """>"
& MP_MemberEMail & "</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
and you will be able to click on a pending member to email him/her.

(Wow, I just wrote my first v3.4 mod )

Edited by - joatham on 20 August 2002 11:05:49
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  02:27:03  Show Profile
Umm for you new guys. There is an option in the Email Server Config that allows you to approve the registration first before the user can register. When a user registers, thier account is put on hold until you approve of it.

Use the admin help (the question sign link) beside a function you are not sure about, so you can get help on it.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

joatham

United Kingdom
169 Posts

Posted - 25 August 2002 :  07:26:37  Show Profile  Visit joatham's Homepage
Sounds like it covers all bases for bobbart's requirements then

Thanks for the clarification Davio, I missed that feature as I'd only had a quick look at the new code.

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07