AIM Y! ICQ Subscriptions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lir

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  13:22:57  Show Profile
How about a mod where you could subscribe using your ICQ, Y!, AIM, or MSN accounts. That way when a new post arrives, you get a message with a link to the topic.

That would be cool...

lir

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  13:55:04  Show Profile
For as far as I know, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN messages can't be sent directly from a webpage unless it's ICQ's own site (for ICQ messages) or Yahoo's own site (for Yahoo messages). Sending a notification like that to those messengers is therefore virtually impossible.

I might be wrong about this one though as there might be some kind of hack somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

lir

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  14:03:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by FrutZle

For as far as I know, ICQ, Yahoo and MSN messages can't be sent directly from a webpage

You didnt mention AIM, does that mean you think its possible with them?

When I get some time, I'll have to explore this a little farther

lir
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
There are bots that work with AIM, and perhaps something is possible, but I think about server consumption and I shy away from even looking into it. I would do Google searches for "AOL AIM bot automessage", etc.

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  16:47:07  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
There are programs for MSN, which, when a button is clicked, can promote the program etc.

There is also a program which allows you to type in someones addresses, and shows their real status (to see if you blocked). This uses an anon account to send a message to the, to find the status.

Maybe this can of thing can be used within a site...may be possible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07