New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:14:11  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
I am running IIS w/ a SQL 7 DB (MSDE)

1. I can't logout? I am currently logged in as the Admin, but for some reason, can not log out.
[EDIT] I can not logout when cookies were set to 'website'. Works fine when cookies are set to 'forum'.

2. The admin_mod_dbsetup.asp page never opens, have to close IE
to back out.

3. admin_accounts_pending.asp, checking the delete checkbox when there is no pending members causes a javascript error.

4. The DOB picker does not display. I added the image to the topic.
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32986 (waiting on moderator to approve reply.)

============ More cosmetic then bugs:

4. There is a © symbol before the copyright in the footer, What if I want it to say "Copyright © 2002 MyDomain.com" ??

5. In the edit profile page: "Signature checkbox
checked by default?:" Wouldn't his be better worded... "Use signature by default:" or something? Just seems odd.

Edited by - seven on 19 August 2002 10:16:50

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:27:19  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
1) try changing the forums cookie setting
2) This is a problem with your anti virus software not a bug in the code, it is well documented and the answer is in about 500 different posts
3) why check it if there aren't any members, admins are not supposd to be stupid
4) you have two number 4's
the copyright symbol is now added by default, so edit you forum config
5) No.
Go to Top of Page

Aaron S.
Average Member

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Aaron S.'s Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

3) why check it if there aren't any members, admins are not supposd to be stupid

This is a legit bug... regardless of the tactless comment.

--Aaron

DOWNLOAD GREAT NEW MODS HERE
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:32:27  Show Profile
And was something I had already fixed, but that file got edited when the Restrict Registration stuff was added and somehow got changed.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:36:17  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron S.

quote:
Originally posted by HuwR

This is a legit bug... regardless of the tactless comment.

--Aaron

look I'm sorry but I'm getting just a little racked off with this, so I made ONE tctless comment, what about the FIVE non bugs ?

Go to Top of Page

Aaron S.
Average Member

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  10:41:06  Show Profile  Visit Aaron S.'s Homepage
quote:

look I'm sorry but I'm getting just a little racked off with this, so I made ONE tctless comment, what about the FIVE non bugs ?

I can sympathize... I have been on the receiving end of support for many a startup company (along with every other conceivable role)... but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

You've done a superb job on this new release (now if only I can get it working on PWS).

The next couple weeks is going to a flurry of activity while everyone sorts thru the new release.

Everyone should show restraint and should be openminded during this period.

--Aaron

DOWNLOAD GREAT NEW MODS HERE
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  20:12:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by airilm

I am running IIS w/ a SQL 7 DB (MSDE)

1. I can't logout? I am currently logged in as the Admin, but for some reason, can not log out.
[EDIT] I can not logout when cookies were set to 'website'. Works fine when cookies are set to 'forum'.
try clearing your cookies manually (delete them from within your browser). This is usually caused by toggling the website/forum cookie setting.

quote:

4. There is a © symbol before the copyright in the footer, What if I want it to say "Copyright © 2002 MyDomain.com" ??
The reason I have it this way is because of a modification to the META Copyright tag. (it's in the inc_header.asp file).

quote:

5. In the edit profile page: "Signature checkbox
checked by default?:" Wouldn't his be better worded... "Use signature by default:" or something? Just seems odd.
That would imply that their signature would be included by default, whether or not the checkbox was checked.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2002 :  20:33:14  Show Profile
quote:

3. admin_accounts_pending.asp, checking the delete checkbox when there is no pending members causes a javascript error.
I reposted this one with the fix here:

(v3.4) BUG+FIX: admin_accounts_pending.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07