Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: General / Classic ASP versions(v3.4.XX)
 Snitz on Brinkster, Admin, admin access problem
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

houseofstrauss
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  05:57:59  Show Profile  Visit houseofstrauss's Homepage
Well, finally got to see my forum page. Now challenges with admin access. To recap; all my files are now present and correct. When signing in to admin (Admin,admin) returns "you have signed on successfully click here for access" So I do and get the sign in screen again ad continuum. Cannot access options. Solution... can I simply upload access db again and just start over? Aditionally, I frequently get a webpage not found or 505 gateway timeout when visiting forum default page. Is this a server problem? Beginning to feel this forum project is requiring too much input for too little returns. Shame because I like Snitz forums, they are functional, friendly and easy to use (ie this one) feeling a bit so any help here much appreciated.
Richard hoping for a after your replies...

wether you think you can, or wether you think you cant... you are right!

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  06:15:22  Show Profile
Have you installed the Brinskter-specific files ?
Go to Top of Page

houseofstrauss
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  06:40:49  Show Profile  Visit houseofstrauss's Homepage
Yes, the moded set was downloaded (from brinkster exchange)and replaced instead of the originals

Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  07:20:07  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
That's a cookie problem, for sure. Delete all your cookies, close all browser windows and try again.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

houseofstrauss
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  14:39:19  Show Profile  Visit houseofstrauss's Homepage
Thanks ruirib, Yep, cleaned out all the cookies, went to the forum, logged in as admin [admin options link loaded] clicked this, [Admin login box loaded] entered Admin, admin [login successful! click here for access] Clicked this link [Admin login box loads again]re-entered details and the whole thing repeats. So I put in a false password [there has been a problem, you are not allowed access etc.] So what's goin on? The database is empty its a new forum so if it WONT screw things up I'm happy to reload the D/B on the server

Thanks , Richard

Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2002 :  14:41:29  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Have a link to your forum? Email me if you don't want to disclose it...

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07