Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  17:42:18  Show Profile
Or more to the point, why is this topic in the W/Code area?
quote:
Originally posted by bobbart

Any word on the status?

There is no code for 3.4.xx in it and a link to where you may find an old version. Should this not go in to the WO/Code area? Then bring it back when the code is there.

I would like to get a hold of the code for 3.4.xx. Does anyone have this yet?

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  17:46:38  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
quote:
Or more to the point, why is this topic in the W/Code area?

Because there is no MOD Add-On Forum Wish List

@tomic

SportsBettingAcumen.com
Go to Top of Page

mikeach

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  18:13:06  Show Profile  Visit mikeach's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by @tomic
Because there is no MOD Add-On Forum Wish List
@tomic

I think there are a boatload of us with this on our wish list.
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  18:30:49  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
quote:

MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
If you have and Idea for a Modification to Snitz Forums 2000, Then this is the place to post it! You can help others who have posted their ideas to actualy make the MODs and also for possible future inclusion in the base line code!

Isn't that what this is for?

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum

Edited by - Steve D. on 07 September 2002 18:31:45
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  13:01:37  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
I dont care where its listed. I just want to find out if its getting updated and if there is a time frame that we will see it.
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  17:21:51  Show Profile
I do as I keep going and looking in this topic thinking it is out, just to find it is not.
quote:
Originally posted by bobbart

I dont care where its listed. I just want to find out if its getting updated and if there is a time frame that we will see it.

Thats why it should be in the W/O Code area and as Steve D pointed out
quote:
Originally posted by Steve D.

MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
If you have and Idea for a Modification to Snitz Forums 2000, Then this is the place to post it! You can help others who have posted their ideas to actualy make the MODs and also for possible future inclusion in the base line code!

Isn't that what this is for?

It should be code in this area, no code W/O Code

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  17:30:10  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
i would thinkt that the ? in the topic would tell you its a question. But like I said I dont realy care if its here or there. Its not that hard to look and see if its out. I am sure that when its released a new topic will be made stating that.

I guess we all just need to sit back and watch the threads and wait for the release.
Go to Top of Page

lofty

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2002 :  01:43:46  Show Profile  Visit lofty's Homepage
The event calendar files are pretty separate from the rest of the snitz files. I got it up and running on a test forum with snitz version 3.4.02 really easily. The code isn't up to 3.4 standards, but it works just fine.

While you are waiting for someone to convert the code to response.writes (and maybe add a feature or two), you could try and install it yourself.

Copy the events.dbs contents into admin_mod_dbsetup2.asp to setup the database, and then change the include files on the events pages to the current ones (inc_functions no longer exists, change it to inc_func_common, etc.).

I think you'll be surprised how easy it is.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

bobbart

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 09 September 2002 :  13:34:49  Show Profile  Send bobbart an ICQ Message
yea but I get this error when I do this.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32882
Go to Top of Page

goldfish

82 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  08:09:06  Show Profile
Lofty,

I got a bit too clever for my own good and came to the same conclusions as you, i.e. look for obvious changes (for me, adding 'images/' to all the image locations, changing inc_functions to inc_func_common, and inc_top to inc_header), but I can't get the 'Add an Event' section to work at all...

It loads the page, and everything looks fine until the actual Event Details box. The page is loading an asp error ('800a000d') into the details box, and there's no submit/cancel buttons.

I don't suppose you or anyone else has any idea what's causing this?

I'm using clean 3.4.02...

Cheers,
Simon
Go to Top of Page

lofty

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  11:47:24  Show Profile  Visit lofty's Homepage
The Event Details box uses the function CleanCode(). This is found in the inc_func_posting.asp file, not in inc_func_common.asp. If you include inc_func_posting.asp in your events.asp file, it should work.

Adam Lofstedt
Go to Top of Page

goldfish

82 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2002 :  05:53:35  Show Profile
Adam,

Thank you that worked perfectly.

Cheers,
Simon

Edited by - goldfish on 13 September 2002 06:07:14
Go to Top of Page

goldfish

82 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2002 :  06:25:44  Show Profile
Adam (or anyone else with more of a clue than I...)

To include a table of events on the homepage, we're supposed to include some stuff in default.asp, but of course that's now got all this response.write stuff in.... any idea how to incorporate around that? I'm looking at the code blankly wondering what to touch, and what not to touch (I.m thinking that it will need to go in somewhere around line 270-300 at the top of the table, near the 'you last visited' thing), but how in god's name you incorporate:-

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
	<!--#include file="events_inc.asp"-->
      <tr>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b> </td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Forum</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Topics</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Posts</font></b></td>
        <td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Last Post</font></b></td>

In amongst all this response.write stuff is a touch beyond me at the moment...

Simon
Go to Top of Page

Romee

Netherlands
180 Posts

Posted - 13 September 2002 :  09:30:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by goldfish

Adam (or anyone else with more of a clue than I...)

To include a table of events on the homepage, we're supposed to include some stuff in default.asp, but of course that's now got all this response.write stuff in.... any idea how to incorporate around that? Simon

Around line 303
" <td align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>"
%><!--#include file="events_inc.asp"--><%
if Cat_ID <> "" then
Go to Top of Page

concep86

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2002 :  16:40:30  Show Profile  Visit concep86's Homepage
Does any one have the link to the mod... I need to install it on a recent 3.4.03 install.

Thanks

Concep86
Webmaster
http://www.coneciones.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07