Integrating forum into web....stuck
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

screwzlews
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  14:14:49  Show Profile
Before I'm chastised for not reading other posts concerning this issue, please be aware that I have read several posts concerning this and have tried many things prior to cross posting. My apologies in advance, but I need a little insight.

As you can see at my website, I've been able to integrate the forum into the web. However, everytime I try to integrate it, I'm missing several components. This is a FP2K web using theme and shared borders. I've had this working previously but not as well as I would have liked to. This time around I have decided to use more standardized pages and navigation instead of raw pages for each link. In any event, if someone could give me a few suggestions I would appreciate it. And yes, I used notepad to make the changes.

When I get the page working correctly again, I'm going to want to move the user login/password over to the left as well as the navagational links for the forum (all this to go into the orange box. Any suggestions for that would be also appreciated. Is there a mode for that?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  14:20:44  Show Profile
As we can see at your site... I think you forgot to include the URL
Go to Top of Page

screwzlews
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  14:34:44  Show Profile
Heh.....and I was even thinking about making sure I added it.

http://www.inetcamsupport.com

forum link in the left navagation.

Thanks frutzle!

Pete
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  14:46:28  Show Profile
I take it you got it looking like this by adding a table to inc_top.asp that you closed in inc_footer.asp?

If that's what you did, you can simply copy the navigation from the main site into the left-side column and have that part done. The forums' navigation can be moved by moving the line that look like call sForumNav() in inc_top.asp. You'll have to modify the bottom part of inc_top.asp so the links will each be on their own lines, but that's not really difficult.

Moving the login/logout part is a bit harder, but defenately doable. The main thing is that you know HTML and how tables work. Then it's mostly a matter of moving the forms (and their if statements)

I'd have to look at your files to give you solid advice and tips, but this is the main idea.
Go to Top of Page

screwzlews
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  14:59:15  Show Profile
This is what I did (copied from an earlier post by you)

In that page, you have a large white space. In the source it's defined by this:
<td width="644" height="192" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" valign="top" align="center" colspan="2">
<table border="0" width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="37">
<tr>
<td width="90%" valign="top" align="left" height="48">
FORUM HERE
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>

(formatting is gone, but you'll know how to find it)

Now take everything above the red text that I added, and put that in inc_top.asp. If you put it right below the anchor tag (below the body tag), and remove the logo code, that part is done.

Then take everything below the red text that I added, and put that at the very bottom of your inc_footer.asp.

Now, if you look at your forums they should be put into that look.

Please note that you should make a backup of your files before you edit them, just in case something goes wrong.

Roland

This next part i'm a little unsure of what you mean:

If that's what you did, you can simply copy the navigation from the main site into the left-side column and have that part done.....just not sure on how or what you mean here. I can give you whatever access you need.

Go to Top of Page

screwzlews
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  16:32:40  Show Profile
still stuck :(
Go to Top of Page

screwzlews
Starting Member

36 Posts

Posted - 11 August 2002 :  18:51:52  Show Profile
and still stuck!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07