Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:44:25  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
The board isn't saving the include signature preference.

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:46:26  Show Profile
I noticed that too ... right now I also have to check the box on post.asp
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:46:38  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I was going to point this out myself, it would be nice if was controlled by a cookie so I don't have to keep putting a checkmark in the Include Signature box.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:49:16  Show Profile
I think y'all have the purpose of that function confused...

What that feature does is specify whether you want to see signatures in posts. With it on, you will see signatures when you read posts, with it off, the signatures will not show up.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:58:43  Show Profile
ohhh... okay. That does explain a lot
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  13:59:25  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
true, but didn't we used to have the ability to save our preferences for signatures to be included in all posts? I mean, if you checkmarked the box it remained persistent until you unchecked it at a later time.???? I don't recall ever having to select the Include Signature with every post..

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  14:01:59  Show Profile
It used to be checked by default, it was hardcoded.
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  14:11:07  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

It used to be checked by default, it was hardcoded.

oh okay, then it must have been something I did on my forum because I controlled it by cookies and just thought that was the standard. funny how when you change things you take it for granted as a part of the basic snitz product.
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  14:59:01  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

I think y'all have the purpose of that function confused...

What that feature does is specify whether you want to see signatures in posts. With it on, you will see signatures when you read posts, with it off, the signatures will not show up.

Sorry, Richard. Got's to disagree with you on this one. There is an option in the member profile to see signatures (works with the dynamic signatures I believe...). Turn it off and you see no signatures at all. That's what I think you're thinking off.

What we're talking about is the checkbox in the post.asp (and now on the quick reply) that says "check here to include your profile signature" on the post. If that checkbox is not checked, you're signature is not added to the post. That checkbox USED to be checked by default. Now we have to do it everytime.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  15:04:37  Show Profile
Yes, but I think that some user's thought that the "View Signatures in posts" option in the profile would toggle that checkbox to either always be checked, or always be unchecked, which is not the case.
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  15:14:48  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
True. I thought it used to do that, but it must have come out sometime in the not so recent past....

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  15:44:41  Show Profile
I think the forum cookie would be the best place to save the preference. Save it the same as the strSelectSize variable is saved now. Would just adding a section in the Edit Profile screen to set the option be sufficient?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  16:10:10  Show Profile
yep, that'd work. If possible, could it be made so that it also works for the signature checkbox of the quick reply? It's a PITA saying "link is in my signature" and then having to edit the topic to add the signature 'cause you forgot to check the checkbox
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  16:20:50  Show Profile
Yes, that's why I think the cookie would be the best place to store it, that way we wouldn't have to access the Database on different pages to retrieve the value. With it in a cookie, we can have it apply to both the post page and the quick reply box.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  16:23:15  Show Profile
also, since most people like it, it will be set to be on by default. For it to be off, you'll have to edit your profile and set it to off. That way it'll only affect people like me, who don't use signatures. So if the cookie value doesn't exist, the checkbox will show, if a value does exist in the cookie, it will be off.
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  16:32:20  Show Profile
Sounds like a great plan. This will be in 3.4 final, right?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07