DEV Discussions (General)
 what's the sticky notes in v3.4 alike?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  07:28:28  Show Profile
well, since the sticky notes mod is included in the coming v3.4, I wonder if it's the same as the mod released before.

I've modified the mod a little besides some bug fixes:

option to adjust stiky/topstiky or not when posting or editing by admin/mod; also works in archived tables.

now the topstikcy count is incremental instead of fixed number of 99999, one can sort the top stickys now, also works in the arhived table.

one file pop_pushpin.asp instead of two

Here's the rough description on how I did it:

http://beijinglife.com/sticky11.zip

changes are marked as Sticky Topic Mod

Edited by - bjlt on 29 July 2002 07:30:04

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  13:06:08  Show Profile
Saw you register on my forums but you didn't verify your email.

Anyways, I don't know how the original mod works, but we have added a T_STICKY field that is 1 when the topic is a sticky topic and 0 when it is not a normal topic. It is then sorted by the T_STICKY field in the sql statement, so the sticky topics stay at the top.

That's it.

«------------------------------------------------------»
What new features are going to be in the 3.4
version? See the 3.4 UnOfficial Features List !
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  15:23:43  Show Profile
that email address is a free one and it might be blocked by your isp. it's ok, it's blocked by my website host also
I have never got the validation message.

Then how about top sticky feature. say if have 5 sticky notes but I want the last one goes to the top?

the mod released before used a fixed number for this, I changed it to be incremental. the first topsticky in a forum is 1, then 2, then 3...
then if you want to move a topic to the first, just check topsticky. the same happens in the archived topics.

I won't release it as a mod, it's pretty just what I need myself and I'd like to put it here for others with the same need. If anyone's interested in my modification he can refer to the files in the zip. however I don't have the time to do the documentation and won't release it as a mod, at least not now. well, people with asp coding experience can understand the codes easily.

In the code there's some minor customised functions that I take from an commercial application, hence I cannot release them here. basiclly they are data type checking/changing functions like value, boolen, and sqlvalue sqlstrings etc.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  16:44:26  Show Profile
quote:
Then how about top sticky feature. say if have 5 sticky notes but I want the last one goes to the top?
You won't be able to manually sort the sticky topics in the 3.4 version. I believe it is sorted alphabetically by the subject.

Go to Top of Page

pweighill

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  17:47:00  Show Profile
quote:
I believe it is sorted alphabetically by the subject.

I would have thought that it would be sorted by Last Post date, then you can retrieve all the messages in a single select statement with ORDER BY T_STICKY DESC, T_LAST_POST DESC, otherwise you would need two.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  23:54:36  Show Profile
Yeah, you're right. It is sorted by the last post date.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.29 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07