MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Editing [code] and [quote]
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  04:58:01  Show Profile
I've been playing with my [ code ] and [ quote ] functions in inc_functions, and I've got them working well. I changed them to tables rather than the typical quote and code. anyway, when i go to edit the posts that these quotes and codes appear in, it all appears as HTML. I'm pretty sure I've double checked all the coding. I don't think I've missed anything, but i'll check again and psot here if I find it. Thanks

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  05:01:32  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

when i go to edit the posts that these quotes and codes appear in, it all appears as HTML. I'm pretty sure I've double checked all the coding. I don't think I've missed anything, but i'll check again and psot here if I find it. Thanks

Well, obviously you did miss something, other wise you would have code and quote tags while editing. Make sure that in both places where the replaces are done, that the code matches exactly

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  05:01:46  Show Profile
did you edit both functions?

You need to edit in both the CleanCode function and in the chkString function.
Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  05:20:36  Show Profile
Yes, I have edited both functions. Here's what I have in both (for quote and code):
CleanCode:

fString = replace(fString, "<br><div align=center><table id=quote cellpadding=3 cellspacing=1 bgcolor=#000000 width=""90%""><tr bgcolor=#666666><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>Quote:</font id=quote></td></tr><tr bgcolor=#999999><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>","[ quote]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id=quote></td></tr></table id=quote></div><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>","[ /quote]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "<br><div align=center><table id=code cellpadding=3 cellspacing=1 bgcolor=#000000 width=""90%""><tr bgcolor=#666666><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=code>Code:</font id=code></td></tr><tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><pre id=code><font face=courier size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=code>","[ code]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</font id=code></pre id=code></td></tr></table id=code></div><br>","[ /code]", 1, -1, 1)

chkString:

fString = doCode(fString, "[ code]", "[ /code]", "<br><div align=center><table id=code cellpadding=3 cellspacing=1 bgcolor=#000000 width=""90%""><tr bgcolor=#666666><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=code>Code:</font id=code></td></tr><tr bgcolor=#CCCCCC><td><pre id=code><font face=courier size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=code>", "</font id=code></pre id=code></td></tr></table id=code></div><br>")
fString = doCode(fString, "[ quote]", "[ /quote]", "<br><div align=center><table id=quote cellpadding=3 cellspacing=1 bgcolor=#000000 width=""90%""><tr bgcolor=#666666><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>Quote:</font id=quote></td></tr><tr bgcolor=#999999><td><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>", "</font id=quote></td></tr></table id=quote></div><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>")

*edit*
Note: I did add spaces between the bracket and the word "quote" in the above, (ie [ quote] and [ /quote] do NOT have those spaces in the actual file.
*/edit*

Edited by - es4725 on 22 July 2002 05:21:19
Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  13:15:00  Show Profile
I was messing with it a little more earlier, and [ /quote] is the only one that shows up correctly when editing.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  13:21:49  Show Profile
In your code above try changing all instances of:

" & strDefaultFontSize & "

to:

""" & strDefaultFontSize & """

and all instances of:

" & strFooterFontSize & "

to:

""" & strFooterFontSize & """
Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  13:32:07  Show Profile
alrighty, I'll let you know

Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  16:09:43  Show Profile
I tried it. I'm still getting the same effect though. any clue?

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  19:22:41  Show Profile
since the coding has changed, did you try creating a new post? I used the same code you have above and changed the """ like I showed above (and rearranged the font tags so that face is before size), and it worked just fine.

Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  21:01:41  Show Profile
yeah, I've made several new posts after checking and rechecking. I'll do the switch with face and size as you said, and I'll let you know what happens with that.
Thanks again Richard.

Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  21:26:24  Show Profile
hmm... it's still not working correctly...
I don't understand it.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  22:38:51  Show Profile
can you e-mail me your inc_functions.asp file?

just e-mail it to: richard_kinser@yahoo.com

I'll test it on my test forum and see if I get the same results.
Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  01:38:18  Show Profile
quote:

can you e-mail me your inc_functions.asp file?

just e-mail it to: ***

I'll test it on my test forum and see if I get the same results.

Sending it out now... feel free to edit out your e-mail address.
Thanks again Richard

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  01:49:28  Show Profile
I already get so much SPAM and Virus-laden e-mails to that e-mail address, I don't worry about it anymore.
Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  02:01:26  Show Profile
quote:

I already get so much SPAM and Virus-laden e-mails to that e-mail address, I don't worry about it anymore.

haha, alrighty, just looking out for ya. Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

es4725

205 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2002 :  03:11:41  Show Profile
what can I say richard? you're great. Thanks again man.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.4 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07