MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Super Admin MOD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fuzion

162 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2002 :  11:17:19  Show Profile
This is a repost of a post that i made a while back..

Hey I have an Idea everyone and I would like you guys to really take this into consideration. Have you ever thought about having three levels of Admin Groups? For example the following:

Superadmin: (could do everything, has access to admin options where he could edit the forum config [such as font table/color code config, etc..])

Admins: (could do everything superadmin can do except their Admin Options will be limited to What Superadmin wants them to have access to [they wont be able to edit the font table/color code config, and other important forum settings such as Main Forum Config, etc.., but will have access to delete member accounts, ban members, etc.])

Moderators (could only moderate forums, delete posts, etc.. [which has already been implemented no need to change anything here])

I think this would be great because on my forum im not on 24/7 and usually some of my trusted friends/members are always on it. So when someone makes an obscene post that are against my rules, the moderators on my forum only have the authority to delete their posts, but lets say this person is constantly threatening other members, etc.. They will need to be banned from the forum, but simple Moderator status doesnt allow moderators to do this. Giving my moderators simple Moderator Status would only insure that they are able to delete posts, etc.. but if this new admin system was in place then I would easily give my moderators Admin privilages and they would take care of the deleting that members account, banning them, deleting user posts, and other stuff that moderators cant do. I also wont have to worry about them messing up my current configuration of the forum.

NeilQuest Hosting Service:
http://www.NeilQuest.com

Site Designs For Sale:
http://www.NeilQuest.com/designstore.asp

Just giving my two cents worth.

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 19 July 2002 :  11:19:22  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
This has already been addressed in 3.4 ONLY ONE admin has access to all the admin functions.

Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2002 :  19:08:18  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
Huwr, are there any checks for the name "admin" in 3.4? or is it based on member level?

i ask this because i would like to use the name "crash" instead of "admin".

so when there are no checks for names, disregard this question.

Crash's Site | Crash is from
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 20 July 2002 :  19:48:00  Show Profile
quote:

Huwr, are there any checks for the name "admin" in 3.4? or is it based on member level?

i ask this because i would like to use the name "crash" instead of "admin".

so when there are no checks for names, disregard this question.

That is not related in anyway to what Fuzion is talking about.
If you want to ask that question, start a new topic in the appropriate forum.

«------------------------------------------------------»
What new features are going to be in the 3.4
version? See the 3.4 UnOfficial Features List !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07