MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Delayed Post Mod?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2002 :  09:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
Hi,

Would it be possible, and would there by a able-bodied person willing to, create a Mod where you can delay the posting of your Message until a specific date in the future? I would like the ability to sit down when I have plenty of time and submit a number of posts to be displayed on future dates, as opposed to rushing around trying to find the time on the actual day, but am not sure just how to implement such a thing. Any ideas?

Many Thanks!

*If Knowledge is Power, and Power Corrupts, what hope is there for Mankind *

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 21 July 2002 :  17:37:34  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
The Announcements Mod allows for the posting of items in the future and for a pre-determined amount of time. Depending on if you want others to post to it is another story.

http://www.nineinchnailz.com
Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  08:06:40  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
Hi dayve,

Thanks for the response! Yes, I had considered the Announcements Mod being pretty much what I need, except I would like the Posts to be displayed in a specific Forum, as opposed to an Announcement. I would like it to be just Admins and maybe Moderators (if possible) who are able to post these Delayed Posts. So, any suggestions on how to modify the Announcements Mod so that it can do what I need?

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  08:22:38  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
Okay, dayve, you can kick me now!!! :)

I just discovered Richard's updated Announcements Mod (from the version I use on my other Forums, anyway), which will do precisely what I needed. Thanks for sending me in the right direction.............

Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2002 :  14:06:21  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:

Okay, dayve, you can kick me now!!! :)

I just discovered Richard's updated Announcements Mod (from the version I use on my other Forums, anyway), which will do precisely what I needed. Thanks for sending me in the right direction.............

no problem, I see you found that you can post announcements in all forums or individual categories... pretty nice huh? :)

http://www.nineinchnailz.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07