ok found my answer. didn't know you had to update this:

strTempCookieType = strUniqueID

Go to Top of Page

M.U.L.E.
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2001 :  21:04:00  Show Profile
Hello all,

I play a game called Tribes and belong to a Tribe called Atari Secret Society. Our tag is |ASS|. We use our tag quite a bit and even used it in title of our forums. However, after we put on the Active User mod we started getting this error:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid operator for data type. Operator equals boolean OR, type equals varchar.
/forums/inc_top.asp, line 238

This error happened when trying to enter a forum titled |ASS| Bizzness. After experimenting I discovered that if I removed the pipe symbol (|) the error went away.

Does anyone know why the pipe symbol (|) causes this error when the Active User mod is installed?

Thanks in advance.

M.U.L.E.

Go to Top of Page

tveith
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  01:37:13  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

I installed this in a few minutes on my SQL server'd Snitz. Works wonderfully!! Only thing is, it seems to "hang on" to user ID's logged in for a while (i.e. it's not very dynamic.) I logged on as myself, and it left "guest" up for an hour or more before it finally disappeared. Is there an update variable that can be changed so it sees that people are logged off faster? (Or am I just doing something wrong?)

Ken

I reworked the login part of inc_top on my site so that it fixes the guest problem you have. basically it deletes the guest account with the same ip as the user logging in.

Also did some other stuff like adding a field call User_id and actually using the member_id instead of using the member name like the userid field does.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

Alan, can you tell me what code you added and where you placed it? Your solution sounds excellent!

Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  12:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
quote:

Ok I have updated the Active Users and this will allow you to view the users IP Address if you are logged in as an Admin or a Moderator. Please give me your feedback. If you have installed the Previous Active User Mod you will still need to run active_users_setup.asp along with replacing all code with this new code for the ip logging to work.

Brad

http://www.freeaspcode.net/active_users.zip

Brad

the link no longr works.
Someone please send me this file

adul@shadow-lands.net

Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2001 :  02:24:34  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
got it working. Great mod, but one problem. Hidden forums from users are showing up in the sctive user's where. Though they can not access it, it should remain hidden.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2001 :  03:16:34  Show Profile
That's one of the hazards of using MODS. They aren't always fully integrated into every facet of the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Jeepaholic
Average Member

USA
697 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  15:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Jeepaholic's Homepage
This is a great mod, thanks! This may have been discussed, but I have yet to see it while skimming through the many topics associated with this mod. Anyway, here's the issue:

ISP's such as AOL do dynamic IP addressing (meaning that from one user, each hit they create can come from a different IP address). What this ultimately does is result in a single member showing up multiple times in the Active Users list.

So, I'm wondering if there's an easy way to check for a member name and only show the most recent entry (without resetting thier time on-line)? Obviously, this can't apply for Guests...but it'll at least get the members on there only once. I realize that reducing the minutes before deletion will help, but I really would like to keep mine in the 10-15 minute range.

Thoughts?

Al Bsharah
Jeepaholics Anonymous

Edited by - Jeepaholic on 13 May 2001 15:51:33
Go to Top of Page

Jeepaholic
Average Member

USA
697 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  23:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Jeepaholic's Homepage
Another bug that I've found is that the system resets itself every hour on the hour and resets back to 0 users online. Again, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find anything on it...

Al Bsharah
Jeepaholics Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

FIRLAMA
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  10:31:03  Show Profile
first of all its a great mod, but i got 1 tiny problem

when im looking at active_users.asp i get the following

|Username| Guest #1
|Where | Last Active
|Loggod On| 5/17/2001 4:27:24 PM
|Last Active| 5/17/2001 4:27:24 PM
|Online Time| 3 Minutes

The problem is i get "Last Active" as result back, but i like to have this in turkish ("Kimler Var?")

this problem also occurs when a user is on the main page..so my question is where can i find the code where i can change this?

Go to Top of Page

big9erfan
Average Member

540 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  11:20:22  Show Profile
Jeepaholic,

I don't know what error you are referring to on the reset every hour, but if you check the Help Mod Implementation forum you'll find a fix for your repeated people on-line.

http://www.ugfl.net/forums
Go to Top of Page

FIRLAMA
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  11:35:10  Show Profile
sorry to bother but i already found it :)

Go to Top of Page

Roger Heugen
Starting Member

Netherlands
12 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  17:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Roger Heugen's Homepage
quote:

Hello all,

I play a game called Tribes and belong to a Tribe called Atari Secret Society. Our tag is |ASS|. We use our tag quite a bit and even used it in title of our forums. However, after we put on the Active User mod we started getting this error:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid operator for data type. Operator equals boolean OR, type equals varchar.
/forums/inc_top.asp, line 238

This error happened when trying to enter a forum titled |ASS| Bizzness. After experimenting I discovered that if I removed the pipe symbol (|) the error went away.

Does anyone know why the pipe symbol (|) causes this error when the Active User mod is installed?

Thanks in advance.

M.U.L.E.

I have the same problem with the | symbols....

M.U.L.E did you find a solution for this problem !?..

Roger
www.ccAcross.nl

Go to Top of Page

catocom
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  04:34:24  Show Profile  Visit catocom's Homepage
I'm getting this error at the bottom
of the page and on the link page of
active_users.asp

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e37'

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FORUM_ONLINE'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

/forum/active_users.asp, line 24

these are lines 23 and 24

rs.cachesize = 20
rs.open strSql, my_Conn, 3

I'm trying to use the active_users3.asp
file.
any suggestions

my page
http://24.181.7.75/forum/

Graphics manager, and
Current events mod at
http://www.jjr512.com/forums/index.php

Edited by - catocom on 18 May 2001 04:36:12
Go to Top of Page

Roger Heugen
Starting Member

Netherlands
12 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  04:48:49  Show Profile  Visit Roger Heugen's Homepage
Before you can use the active user options. You must change the DBase..
You do dus by running active_users_setup.asp This is olso in the zip file where you could find Avtive_users2 or 3 etc...

Go to Top of Page

M.U.L.E.
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  16:21:10  Show Profile
quote:

I have the same problem with the | symbols....

M.U.L.E did you find a solution for this problem !?..

Roger,

Just did. If you open your inc_top.asp look around line 187 you will see:

unction OnlineSQLencode(byVal strPass)
If not isNull(strPass) and strPass <> "" Then
strPass = Replace(strPass, "%", "'%'")
strPass = Replace(strPass, "'", "''")
strPass = Replace(strPass, "|", "'|'")
OnlineSQLencode = strPass
End If
End Function

This code block is repeated. Around line 283 you will see:

if err.number <> 0 then response.write err.number & "|" & err.description

To correct the problem I changed the | to a ` throught the Active User Mod portion of the inc_top. Not sure what kind of problems this will cause.

Hope that helps.

-M.U.L.E.

Edited by - m.u.l.e. on 18 May 2001 17:05:55

Edited by - m.u.l.e. on 18 May 2001 17:06:45
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07