New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2002 :  19:40:23  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
I am a bit slow, but I finally figured out how to get Personal Web Server working on my computer. Now, I am interested in implementing the cool MODs I got from the Snitz Exchange.

I need some help though.

Can anyone write a Credits MOD for me? What I want is a MOD to fit with the

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

navigation at the top of the forum, except, I want to add the link Credits next to the FAQ.

When a person clicks on this link, a page will appear giving credit to all the creators and contributors of Snitz and of the MODs which I have implemented on my forum.

I'd like for the MOD to produce a page with contact info, version, creation date, creator and contributor(s), home page(s), description, where updates and fixes can be found, and any related information you think is important.

Second, I'd like for the MOD to be admin configurable/updateable to correct bugs, add bug fix information, correct misspellings, etc. if that is possible or even feasible. *Sigh!*

Third, I'd like (don't know if any of the forum/MOD coders would like this), but I'd like to know if an option could be added where the forum and/or MOD creators would get an automated email sent to them from the forum admin (could be a form letter) which basically states something like, "Your ____ MOD has just been implemented at (URL) by (email addy) on (date)."

A fourth thing I would like to have the Credits MOD do is allow my members to rank each MOD. So, a poll field at either the far right or the far left would be awesome! I have some other wish list wants for the Credits MOD, but I don't want to get anyone overwhelmed.

What am I thinking?! Geez! I'd be happy to just get the credits page to appear! Let alone the other stuff! The other is just icing on the cake! If anyone is interested in the other couple of ideas I had, please let me know.

If I knew how to create a MOD, I think it would be a lot of fun! However, I am just learning what <% means, so I think a MOD is pretty much above my head right now. LOL!!

Thanks for all the work already done on the Snitz forums, and if the Credits MOD is not possible, I understand. I am happy with all that has been done already!

Any ideas are appreciated!

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a tech question ... I guess the Credits MOD could update the database whenever a new MOD was implemented so it would be automated. Is that how it works?

Thanks,

Etymon

Edited by - etymon on 06 May 2002 20:11:55

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2002 :  12:40:52  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Did anything come of this MOD?
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2002 :  12:47:53  Show Profile
I once made a MDO on my forums that would show the following info on a page:
- forum version
- database type
- MODs installed (name + version)

It was all editable from the admin section of the forums but had a bug in it that I couldn't fix at the time. So, I never released it.
Unfortunately I don't have that anymore and don't have time to make a new, better and working version now.

On a side note: emailing the MOD Developer each time a MOD is installed is not only undoable but also highly annoying for the Developer. It has no use to him/her and how do you get the email sent if you don't know his/her email address?
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2002 :  12:53:58  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, maybe not the email idea, but a list of MODs installed, and a way to rate each one out of 5.

I currently have my MODs as a topic in my forums, so a proper page would be quite a good idea. I would make one, but I don't have much spare time on my hands now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07