MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Edit my "quote" code please
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  11:11:21  Show Profile
This is the code from the inc_functions.asp for the "quote" in a topic or post. I would like to be able to change the font color from the default and maybe Italicize it. I need the quote to stand out from the reply on my forums.

fString = doCode(fString, "
quote:
", "
", "<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>", "<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>")

Jason

nomad_2k

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  13:01:20  Show Profile
quote:
", "
", "<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ color=""SomeColor"" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote><i>", "</i><hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>")

Try this. You'll need to change SomeColor to the color you want to use.

Snitz has screwed the code up because there's a forum tag in the middle so click on the reply with quote button and you can copy paste the code from there.

Good things come to those who wait.
http://www.freeasphost.co.uk/evolution/
Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  19:20:44  Show Profile
quote:

quote:
", "
", "<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ color=""SomeColor"" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote><i>", "</i><hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>")

Try this. You'll need to change SomeColor to the color you want to use.

Snitz has screwed the code up because there's a forum tag in the middle so click on the reply with quote button and you can copy paste the code from there.

Thanks bud, that did the trick .

Now if I can just figure out how keep the signatures out of the quote. It's a pisser to delete it everytime you reply to a quote if you don't want their signature to get posted again.

Jason

Go to Top of Page

nomad_2k

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  20:54:26  Show Profile
You could try the dynamic signature mod http://www.ls3k.com/snitz/mods.asp?action=details&ID=104

Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2002 :  21:40:42  Show Profile
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I had to take out the color section you added to the inc_functions.asp

I left the Italicized html code. The problem with the color was if I went back to edit a post with a "quote" in it, it was showing the line of code from the inc_functions.asp in the edit and screwing the whole deal up. I deleted the "color=" and put back in the """ in it's place and it works fine just with the Italicized and I added bold to make the "quote" stand out.

Thanks again,
Jason

Go to Top of Page

nomad_2k

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2002 :  12:48:47  Show Profile
Opps you need to edit the section that changes it back. In inc_functions.asp about line 276 you'll see this

fString = replace(fString, "<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>","[ quote]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>","[ /quote]", 1, -1, 1)

Replace it with

fString = replace(fString, "<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=" & strFooterFontSize & " face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ color=""SomeColor"" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote><i>","[ quote]", 1, -1, 1)
fString = replace(fString, "</i><hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=" & strDefaultFontSize & " id=quote>","[ /quote]", 1, -1, 1)

Again change SomeColor. And I've added a space before the [ in the above code so snitz doesn't screw it up, you'll nedd to remove these spaces for it to work.

Go to Top of Page

GenerationEdge

105 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2002 :  12:56:53  Show Profile
Thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07