New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  06:52:05  Show Profile
Wow - iŽve been hagging about the usergroup system for snitz, and Nikkol wrote one, though it isnŽt finished ... take a look at the one they have at www.phpbb.com - cool if someone could integrate something like this to snitz

www.friserverplads.dk/openmedia/MPH73.GIF" border=0>

Average Member

Canada
574 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  07:13:38  Show Profile  Visit Image's Homepage  Send Image an ICQ Message
hummm.... I saw one of it, I saw all them.

~ Image Forum 2001 ~
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  07:43:01  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
thats great, snitz cloning that would be a great addon for the forum.

http://36-degrees.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  07:59:04  Show Profile
quote:

thats great, snitz cloning that would be a great addon for the forum.

I have Nikkols basic code - IŽll work on so that we can assign Usergroup_memberlevel to each group and then iŽll put it in MODS w/code, though the mod isnŽt mine really. - then we can work on the sign up procedure - cool thing all stuff relating to forum code is already done by Nikkol - we just need to modify it so that moderators can create usergroups + a sign up process for the groups + a page displying allgroups/all groups IŽm a member of/all groups IŽm a moderator of. - maybe we should do it so that usergroups relate to a forum and use the moderator settings of that forum?

Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  08:29:52  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
sounds good, i think id prefer to keep the usergroups away from looking like standard forums though, or if so, keeping them entirley seperate, in a subforum, not on the cat. list, accessible only to members, or to apply to join the usergroup.

Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  09:47:02  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
I installed PHP on one of my Win2k systems here at work with IIS 5.0. I put the PHPBB on there just to test it and compare it to Snitz. I didn't find anything spectacular about it. The usergroup feature looks interesting and I'd be interested to see what Nikkol comes up with.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  13:01:37  Show Profile
Morpheus73, since you seem to like usergroups so much, why don't you just use phpbb2? Seems it would solve all your problems. As you can see, not many people here are all that interested in them.
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  13:10:08  Show Profile
quote:

I installed PHP on one of my Win2k systems here at work with IIS 5.0. I put the PHPBB on there just to test it and compare it to Snitz. I didn't find anything spectacular about it. The usergroup feature looks interesting and I'd be interested to see what Nikkol comes up with.

Bookie

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your home."
- George Carlin

Snitz rules over any other open source project on the web - this in particular because of the HUGE community supporting it. Far more flexible regarding modifications than any other system, I think.

Well, Rich usergroups is here (look in mods w/code) - hope someone else can use them...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07