New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:35:13  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
Greetings, I am looking for a way to alter AU 4 to post any location to PM_inbox.asp

I found that if per say a user is sending or replying to a PM and you follow the link provided by active users it opens the location thay are in (in your account not thiers) but the message they are replying to or sending is filled into the comment window. any Ideas on resolution, its a small thing but there is no telling what people put into thier PM's these days

Oh what wonders await we the ****ed in exile, for in a single act of rage I have slain what little humanity I have left and all that remains is the beast....

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:42:00  Show Profile
Bugs with MODS do not go in the DEV Bug Reports (Open) Forum. That forum is for bugs with the Base code only. The only forums to be used for MOD related posts are:

Help: MOD Implementation
MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:43:22  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
yes. that's the bug i was talking about

Crash's Site | Crash is from
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:45:15  Show Profile
I was just about to say, it's probably the same problem that crash is having....
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:47:15  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
LOL! got there a little earlier! but you are correct... maybe Nathan could join this topic...

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:51:11  Show Profile
True, removing the link from the Active Users page would help. I believe this is how the problem was found before, with an older version of the Active Users MOD. I did address the problem in the Private Messages MOD though. The latest version fixes that problem.
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  04:59:24  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
did you test the latest AU mod with the latest PM mod? if so, then i will update my code

Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  05:01:06  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
Either you guys are very very fast or I am very very slow, I would swear I just posted this and bam have email on move notification and x amount of replies.

Oh what wonders await we the ****ed in exile, for in a single act of rage I have slain what little humanity I have left and all that remains is the beast....
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  05:11:03  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
we are very very fast...

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  05:47:27  Show Profile
No, I haven't tested it with the new Active Users MOD, but it doesn't matter. I added checks to make sure that the person attempting to read the Private Message is indeed the person who it was sent to. If someone clicks on a link and the Private Message wasn't to them, they will just get redirected to pm_view.asp (their Private Message Inbox).
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  07:10:21  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
i tried it myself and i got redirected as well... HarshReality, could you explain more clearly what you did, because i cannot recreate the problem...

Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  09:22:12  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
ok when you reply to a message the window opens and the original message is in the comment box, now when using AU 4 if a member is replying to a message AU 4 displays "Replying to PM" when you click that link it opens your PM Account as if you were replying and in the comment box it has the message the user is replying to. Hold in mind this happens only in AU when a user is "Replying to PM"

Edited by - HarshReality on 25 April 2002 09:24:11
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  09:23:48  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
alright. i get it. now to fix this...

Go to Top of Page

HarshReality

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  09:25:42  Show Profile  Visit HarshReality's Homepage  Send HarshReality an AOL message  Send HarshReality an ICQ Message  Send HarshReality a Yahoo! Message
jeez you people give me the creeps when you move that fast

Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  10:43:50  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
LOL! maybe you should set this page to a refresh of one or two minutes...

but, to the point... is there some way to edit active_users.asp and take that bit out (the link behind "Replying to PM")?

Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2002 :  12:58:35  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
i found a fix for the bug!

in the file active_users.asp, find the code (which i added myself - i see now) that says:
strPage = strPage & fLang(strLangMOD_Ls3kAU_xxxxx)

remove the red part from it to remove the clickable link!

may not be the best bugfix, but i believe that it'll do good as temporary fix!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.32 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07