Poll MOD installation error...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alive
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  12:58:13  Show Profile
Hi! Excuse me if there are other topics like this but I didn't manage to find them...

I got these errors soon after the installation (as written in the read me file);

There have been a long list of lines of this type:

Adding Column ANSWER1...
Column added successfully
Adding Column COUNT1...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT1 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.

The list goes two times from ANSWER1 and COUNT1 to T_LAST_VOTE and T_IS_VOTE, every time with a blue line in between; at the end I found these two lines:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Column M_POLL...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding new records..

Value(s) updated succesfully

Excuse me for my ignorance (and for my poor english if it sounds not good), hope you could help me, thanks!

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2002 :  15:05:57  Show Profile
Alive, I was getting the same errors as you are now. In my post on this page I showed the microsoft errors I was getting, but not the data-base update errors like you did (I probably should have done this).
Adding Column ANSWER1...
Adding Column COUNT1...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_TOPICS ADD COLUMN COUNT1 int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.

Did you upload all the mod files before updating the data-base? That is what I did and where I think I went wrong, but I haven't got a reply to my post to confirm this.

I am very new to this and you probably need to wait for someone who knows what he is doing like Davio to tell you what to do.

But I will tell you what I did to fix mine if you want to take the chance.
1. Delete all the poll mad files.
2. Delete the Snitz_forum_2000.mdb file.(That's the scary part for me)
3. Upload the Snitz_forum_2000.mdb file again.
4. Upload just the poll mod update file.
5. Update your data-base now. (The error mess. should be gone)
6. Now upload all the the poll mod files again.
7. Remember to paste the poll mod script into your existing files. Don't overwrite them because there are some slight differences.
8. That's all I did and I think it works alright now (see my post to see my problem).

I know this is alot of work and like I said You should probably wait for someone with experience for better advice, but if you can't wait?

------------Brian.

Go to Top of Page

alive
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2002 :  06:33:09  Show Profile
Thanks, all the helps are welcome!

I have not modified any files or uploaded any new files for the polls before installing the mod. I've followed every step written on the readme file.

I was asking myself if it should be right to uninstall the mod and try reinstalling again... but I'll probably wait for someone with experience to give me helps in this. Thank you for your attention, anyway!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 22 April 2002 :  16:39:17  Show Profile
The thing is, there is nothing wrong with the ALTER TABLE sql statement. This error usually happens when you are using an older version of the MDAC files or your host is using an older vesion of the MDAC files. You can try changing your connection string to use the Access 2000 one or use the Access 97 one in your config.asp file and see if it works.

Another thing you could try is download your database, and install the poll mod database fields on your computer, then upload the database back to your site. You will need to be able to run ASP files on your computer to do this. Using PWS (Personal Web Server) or using IIS (Internet Information Server). And making sure you have the latest version of the MDAC files: http://www.microsoft.com/data/

«------------------------------------------------------»
Want to know when the next version comes out,
as soon as possible? Join our Mailing Lists !
Go to Top of Page

alive
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2002 :  13:05:20  Show Profile
Thanks for your help, Davio... I'll try something according with your suggestions, then if I need something else, I'll be back again.

Go to Top of Page

unifox
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2002 :  21:00:53  Show Profile
I have 2 problems according to this mod
nr.1

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 9.

/unifox/forum/active_polls.asp, line 75

nr.2

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 9.

/unifox/forum/admin_poll.asp, line 210

and one more regarding 2 the basic forum

when I crate a new forum it gives an error...sorry but can't show you the problem here

can anyone help

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07