New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

milki

Israel
320 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  06:56:38  Show Profile  Visit milki's Homepage  Send milki an ICQ Message
ok i wahit tanks !

Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
rabufo, that field should have a zero as default value for new records in the database.

Try this (additions in red):
[code]
strSQL = "insert into links (name, url, keyword, category, description, email, banner_url, post_date, parent_ID, show, badlink, rating)"
strSQL = strSQL & " values"
strSql = strSQL & "('" & chkString(name, "SQLString") & "', '" & url & "', '" & chkString(key, "SQLString") & "', '" & cat & "', '" & chkString(description, "SQLString") & "', '" & chkString(email, "SQLString") & "', '" & banner & "', '" & today & "', '" & parent & "', 0, 0, 0)"
my_Conn.Execute (strSQL)

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  12:13:41  Show Profile
thank you masterao, you really a friend. I've followed your suggestion and have had a similar error msg also regarding forum_links.VOTES. I've applied your suggestion to that too, adding VOTES and 0 value and it worked, I was been able to add an URL, at last!!

Anyway, probably there is something else to edit......hope you are not tired to help, after fixed all probs I'll put files at disposal of all, giving the most credit to your help.

So.... when I approve as admin a submitted link, all goes OK, anyway at the end of the steps I receive this error msg :

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'link_ID='.

/prova/admin_links_approve.asp, line 36

The line 36 is the 2nd of these ones:

else
set rsapp = my_Conn.Execute ("UPDATE forum_links set show=1, post_date='" & update1 & "' where link_ID=" & link_id)
Response.Write "Link " & link_id & " added to the database."

Anyway, as said, the link has been added correctly, it works...but I don't understand that msg

More, random option doesn't work, it's very strange: when i click on random link I receive a msg of "page non existing"...how is it possible?

Thank you very much, masterao!!!
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  12:49:08  Show Profile
I've fixed the random prob......only an error in text.....but the

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query
expression 'link_ID='.

/prova/admin_links_approve.asp, line 36

still appears.....

Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  13:52:05  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Keep the thanks until we got everything working for you.

You recieve that error because linkid doesnt have a value. You should have this (link_id = Request.form("urlid")) on line 24 in admin_links_approve.asp?

First we must check that the urlid value is set in admin_links_main.asp. When you are viewing admin_links_main.asp, view the page-source and see if the hidden form-field titled urlid have a value (a number).

If you dont have a value for urlid, then the problem is on admin_links_main.asp. It would be the easiest for me to help you, if you could mail me the file.

If you have a value there, then we go over to admin_links_approve.asp.

Add the following:

Response.write "link_id: " & link_id "<br>"
Response.write "Request.form(""urlid""): " & Request.form("urlid")
Response.end

before this

set rsapp = my_Conn.Execute ("UPDATE forum_links set show=1, post_date='" & update1 & "' where link_ID=" & link_id)
Response.Write "Link " & link_id & " added to the database."

Click on approve a link and then check if link_id and Request.form("urlid") have a value. If the request.form have a value, check that you haven't changed link_id in "link_id = Request.form("urlid")" to something else.

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  15:18:11  Show Profile
[quote]
view the page-source and see if the hidden form-field titled urlid have a value (a number).
[quote]

no number....I've this line:

<input type="hidden" name="urlid" value="<%=rs("LINK_ID")%>">

I've placed a .txt version of the file here:

http://www.awforum.net/admin_links_main.txt
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  16:12:47  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
quote:

no number....I've this line:

<input type="hidden" name="urlid" value="<%=rs("LINK_ID")%>">

Im sorry if I was too vague. What I meant was that you should view the page on your webserver, right-click and choose View Source.
rs("LINK_ID") is the autonumber for links in the table forum_links, and if rs("LINK_ID") isn't populated, something is wrong with the database.

If you checked admin_links_approve.asp on your webserver, can you download the database and check the table forum_links? Link_ID should be populated for all links that you have submitted.
Are you able to download the database from your webserver?

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  17:06:17  Show Profile
[/quote]
If you checked admin_links_approve.asp on your webserver, can you download the database and check the table forum_links? Link_ID should be populated for all links that you have submitted.
Are you able to download the database from your webserver?
[/quote]

just downloaded....and yes, Link_ID is populated for all links......but that error msg still appear.......really I don't understand......all seems to work well......links I add work fine......but that msg appears, also if approvation works....
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  17:24:56  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
I have a suggestion.

Add the code in red to your admin_links_main.asp:

<P><FONT face=<%= strDefaultFontFace %> size="<%= strDefaultFontSize %>" color="#FF0000"><%= rcount%> New Links to Approve :</FONT></P>

<%
do while not rs.eof
%>
<form action="admin_links_approve.asp?link_id=<%=rs("LINK_ID")%>">" method=post>

Upload admin_links_main.asp and add a link. Then try to approve the link and check the querystring for admin_links_approve.asp.

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  18:00:35  Show Profile
quote:

<form action="admin_links_approve.asp?link_id=<%=rs("LINK_ID")%>">" method=post>
[/code]

I've added the code you suggested, but it didn't work...so I change it in

<form action="admin_links_approve.asp?link_id=<%=rs("LINK_ID")%>" method=post>

(I thought it could that >"...) ant it worked...I've also received an advice never received before, regarding the approvation email sent to the poster....but after all that......automatically has appeared the usual error msg, always the same... ....tonight I'll not go to sleep without realizing the cause
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2002 :  18:17:18  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Im not sure I understand everything you wrote in your last post, but I realize that you are up late as I am.

What version of access are you using? I got to get up early tomorrow, so I can't continue until tomorrow evening (GMT +1).

If you continue poking with this, good luck.

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page

rabufo

Italy
328 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2002 :  05:23:37  Show Profile
not able to fix it yet, masterao.........

I'm using access 2000
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2002 :  11:47:37  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Im currently unsure on where the error appears, and Im wondering if you would make me admin on your forum so that I could check out the admin pages for Links Manager myself?

I don't know where to look at the moment, as everything seems to be as it should.

Master AO
===========
FR Portal
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07