mod_dbsetup.asp with new commands
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toddmeck
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2002 :  13:21:15  Show Profile
I really like the mod_dbsetup.asp program and how it used .dbs script files to automate the maintenance and configuration of databases. I especially liked the fact that it supported MS-Access, MS-SQLServer and mySQL databases. I had been thinking of creating something to handle my own remote maintenance of access tables on a web application, but the mod_dbsetup.asp was just such a great and simple idea that I decided to add a couple of commands to a new version to handle a few more cases:

[INDEX] - allows the creation or dropping of many types of indexes, including primary keys and unique/non-unique indexes.

[CONSTRAINT] - allows the creation or dropping of one to many constraints between tables.

Perhaps there is already something out there that does this, but I was no able to find it. Also, my changes are MS-Access specific, although the rest of the code remains the same, so all old scripts and support for SQLServer and mySQL are there... just not in these two new commands because I dont have those systems installed to test them.

So, if this can be of some use to anyone, I have zipped up the mod_dbsetup2.asp file (added a "2" at the end to avoid confusion with the official version) along with a document SnitzDBMod.txt which provides complete documentation and examples of how to write .dbs scripts for this page. You can download the zip file here:

http://www.honorandfaith.org/mod_dbsetup2.zip

Aaron S.
Average Member

USA
985 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2002 :  13:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Aaron S.'s Homepage
I use a database tool from:

http://aspalliance.com/mbrink1111/

... to manage my Dbs online. It is a SQL Enterprise Manager like tool except web based.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2002 :  19:46:31  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
does this contain the fixes for DEFAULT values when using the access 97 driver ?

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2002 :  20:10:50  Show Profile
Huw, I just looked at it and it doesn't have those fixes.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2002 :  03:46:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
toddmeck,

It would be better if you just posted the code for your additions rather than post the whole file, which is based on an older out of date mod_db_setup

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07