Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dave091170
Starting Member

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2002 :  17:38:04  Show Profile
I would love to use Snitz against an Oracle database. I realise that it's not a supported product, but there appears to be some people who have implemented the Snitz Forum against Oracle with some success.
I'm curious, what are the items that need to change?

Let's assume I follow the installation instructions as if I was using SQLServer. What are the things I'm going to have to change? drivers? SQL code?

If there is someone that has developed this for Oracle, could you zip up the changes and email it to me or can you tell me what you did?

Thanks,
Dave Stephens
dave@dave-stephens.com

<

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2002 :  17:04:46  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Honestly, if anyone has done this work, please email it to me directly: reinhold@bigfoot.com

we have been trying to get someone to work with the development team to impliment Oracle support. The issue we have run into to date has been, mainly, dealing with Memo fields, or Blobs.

The forum code itself has been made quite database independent, and should work out of the box with most DB types... minor tweaks being made to more complex SQL statements with reguard to dealing with MEMO or BLOB fields. Once we know how to handle these things, we can easily build an installation routine and make this product fly in yet another supported DB type.

Also, anyone supporting this development effort would get to be part of this award winning development team and get their name in the credits of the product in the readme.txt file! :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
<
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2002 :  17:19:28  Show Profile
Nice to "see" you around here Mike ...

Think PinkPost v40b03 Patches<
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08 April 2002 :  13:23:19  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
I poke arround some hehe

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07